JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Shooting in Munich shopping mall

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2827 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Forget the story about the Turkish girl. I'm assuming now that she was just a girl looking for new friends who picked a stupid time to start asking people to meet up with her type of thing. She got a serious amount of death threats afterwards (welcome to the internet age!) and quickly closed her account, I suppose.

Three North Africans arrested in Munich Marienplatz and stripped naked. Whether they were involved or not has not been publicized.  I personally think the police is totally in the dark!

First you hear one guy shot himself dead, then you hear it is unconfirmed. One person says the guy shouted "I am a native born German! I hate foreigners!" another witness says the shooter shouted "Allahu Akbar".

I don't really care what it is, but a part of me wants it to be another islamic terror attack to speed up the process to the fall of BTG

So horrible, by the way, to see the video of the man shooting the teenagers in front of the McDonalds =(

I'm so sorry to hear this (again)! It's really not just only terrorist, just all loons out there with a penchant for killing, well-honed on violent video games, and armed with seemingly easy to access guns (thru internet possibly).

May  Jehovah keep our brothers safe there, in and out of the assembly hall.

2 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

I don't really care what it is, but a part of me wants it to be another islamic terror attack to speed up the process to the fall of BTG

While we all share this sentiment,  nothing will speed up the fall of BTG.  Jehovah chose that day 6,000 years ago.  It is firmly fixed 

I was thinking that this can be a learning moment for us if we find ourselves in a situation of any kind of terror.

We can prepare ourselves not to panic but to stay calm and to obey every instruction of the brothers even if it seems odd to us.

Our God given calmness and peacefulness is even an outstanding mark of us as Jehovah's true people.

Our state of tranquility will even triggered Gog of Magog to attack us.

Ezech. 38:11= ...I will come against those living in security, without disturbance...

3 hours ago, juliansan said:

rumor.

The rumours need to stop.  Rumours are what turned this pointless shooting spree into a Munich-wide terrorist attack, leading to mass panics and a total lockdown.

Police press conference at the moment repeatedly criticizing how the facebook responses turned this into a hysterical panic.

Still, police did an amazing job. I'm very proud of the police we have here in Bavaria.

10 hours ago, juliansan said:

The RC wasn't canceled. It was just a rumor. So the brothers can enjoy the next 2 days. :)

Which part was a rumor? Just the part about it being canceled? Or the part that it affected the brothers there?

I got a video from a brother about the brothers during this difficult situation. I can't post it publicly but if you want to habe it, send me a message (the video is in german but I can try to put subtitles on it)

15 minutes ago, juliansan said:

I got a video from a brother about the brothers during this difficult situation. I can't post it publicly but if you want to habe it, send me a message (the video is in german but I can try to put subtitles on it)

Thank you for clarifying the story.I don't want to put you out to translate it for me but thank you very much for the offer.  It's a relief to hear that they can continue to enjoy what I have enjoyed at my convention in Glasgow.

Thank you again.

I remember walking on the way home here in my neighborhood, heard someone from a window above say something about us that wasn't pleasant, then threw something heavy at me from the window. 

The object was supposed to hit me but it didn't. I actually saw the object move in another direction. The person said "did you see that"? Lol. I'll like to think an angel pushed it away from me. 

Just saying. But you never know.

43 minutes ago, juliansan said:

Can you post the gist of what was said in the video?

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Just now, Shawnster said:

Can you summarize what the video said? 

Sure! :) . 

-Ecclesiastes 9:11: "Unexpected events" take place and the brothers in Munich realized how fast you can find yourself in such a situation

-During the events, the branch commitee was connected with the responsible brothers the whole time

-Big thanks to all brothers and sisters that everyone stayed calm and didn't panic or get angry

-The police called the brothers back to the assembly hall,  which were already on the streets and asked the attendants to look the doors

-Police asked everyone to stay in the assembly hall

-The brothers waited many hours and the situation was unclear. They didn't know when they would be allowed to leave. 

-60 persons stayed at the assembly hall over night.

-Math. 14:16,17: The sisters went down into the kitchen and storeroom to look for something to eat for the 60 brothers and sisters. And they found many things to eat and all brothers and sisters were feed up.

-This could only be accomplished by our brotherhood. 

Well, now that time has passed and the media has found it's narrative, there are still a lot of voices questioning it.

Of course, there are the more or less insane conspiracy theories you always have where Mossad programmed somebody into doing something, but there's also some really interesting questions being asked.

For example, the narrative about the shooter being a "nazi" is causing a huge stir. Some witness accounts recall him having yelled "Allahu Akbar" when he opened fire.  Media say he shared his birthday with Hitler and was very proud of being "arian"

But there is something off about the media narrative. For example, they never go into the witness accounts of the execution-style shootings that supposedly took place INSIDE the restaurant before the shooting outside on the road. When you view the video, you can tell those shots can't possibly be the first shots. The perp is moving away from McDonald's first, then stands at the pedestrian path, waiting for panicking youths to come out on the road before he opens fire outside.

In the New System, I really want to understand why the media so close to the end was so utterly useless.