JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Trottigy Trip

On 9/2/2016 at 1:22 PM, dilip kumar said:

Brother, the pictures are refreshing to the soul. Thank you for sharing. Hoping to be refreshed more.

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

I could post so many more photos of Scotland. It was truly breathtaking - everywhere we went. Most of this is from The Isle of Skye - up North. 

I started to catch a cold. Probably from that hike that turned into a swim - with 30 mile an hour gusts at the top. So, Deb had to hike the Old Man of Storr on her own. I stayed in the car and got a few hours rest. From her:

IMG_20160902_154731.jpg

IMG_20160902_154829.jpg

IMG_20160902_155521.jpg

I obviously missed on some amazing views. :nope:

Just a note: this peninsula or 'Nish is called Trotternish. So, you KNOW we had to check it out. We spent a few days here - just beautiful.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Our next day was really a travel day - from the tip of Scotland back to Edinburgh. A 6 hour drive, plus some stops for pics of castles. :wink:

Here are 2 different ones:

IMG_20160903_140622.jpg

IMG_20160903_182225.jpg

Just a note: all these were taken from a cellphone camera. It is amazing the technology today, eh. There were times when I wish I had a much better camera with zoom and a wide angle lense, but to lug one around :nope: I would only do that if I were taking photos to sell or something. These are good enough ones just to remember locations and no extra baggage. :thumbsup:

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Next another long travel day. By plane we came to Bergerac France ( Google it). Then we took a taxi to our first hotel "Hotel la Metairie". This is lovely French country side:

IMG_20160904_180814.jpg

We ate diner right there - outside. It was late, but we picked up our bicycles, put on our pedals for our shoes we brought, and went over the tour itinerary.

IMG_20160904_180834.jpg

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

So, this is the end of our first actual biking day and my first real opportunity to post much. I am over the cold. Debbie picked it up after just the first day and after her Old Man Storr hike.  Fortunately, that ended mostly yesterday on the plane and hers mostly today.. Don't you hate it when sick people are on the plane with you. Well, for us and them, I must apologize :yes:

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

Our first day bike was almost 50 km. :eek:

What views of the French country side and small towns.

IMG_20160905_110923.jpg

IMG_20160905_112855.jpg

IMG_20160905_155752.jpg

After out first 35 km wwe stopped to see a large cavern at Proumeyssac . I have no photos of that as we weren't permitted to take any photos. It was about a half hour tour and only 10€ so we went for it. Jehovah's creation is truly stunning. :yes:

I suppose if we want to look later we'll find pics on Google :)

But here's the funny part. When we got back on the bikes. :omg: my butt was SORE! I suppose not being on and taking the break gave it a bad opportunity to get sore. :lol1:

We still had 15 more km to go. It took almost 5 before I could actually sit on the seat. :lol2:

Can't wait for tomorrow. :wave:

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

Oh, it also might be time to go with the beard. :thumbsup:

This is from the town we are in at the end of that first bike day. It is called Les Eyzies and our hotel is called Les Glycine.

IMG_20160905_185942.jpg

Soon .....

31 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

How is your shoulder holding up, after all that river excursioning?:huh:  Well, I hope.^_^

Thanks for sharing all that breathtaking beauty!hi five sideways.gif

Yeah, the shoulder seems to be holding up ok. I stretch - even while riding - just to keep it limber. Back to therapy when we get home in just a few more days - Sept 12.

Note: the 11th is our 29th wedding anniversary. :heart:

Soon .....

Did that cavern look anything like this, and have hieroglyphics on the walls?

gouffre.jpg?w=605

proumeyssac.jpg

How's the chow?  Have you had any  “Cosmique!” meals? BATEYES9.GIF (Incredibly delicious) 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Yes, it looks just like that - with sales of the pottery they make and then have glazing in the cavern with drops of calcium carbonate water for a year. They come out very hard and sparkling.

Edited by carlos

deleted unwanted box

Soon .....

Off to ride for day 2 - only 25 km. We may stop and see the Château Commarque .   :wave:

We end at Sarlat.

Soon .....

On 12 August 2016 at 4:15 AM, trottigy said:

OK, we still have ONE more place to stay to book for one night, but here it was I have so far:

DATE TIME # LOCATION ADDRESS
22-Aug Leave 12:16:00 PM E1HD3Y          Virgin Air Las Vegas  
23-Aug Arrive 10:00 am VS 5166 Heathrow  
23-26   C33E5X Bloomsbury, London Flat 4, Halsey House     13 Red Lion Square     London WC1R 4QF
26-Aug Leave 8:20 am / Arrive 9:45 am LWYQRM Stansted to Cork  
26-29     Seamount Farms Goats Path Road Glenlough West, Bantry
29-Aug Leave 7:00 am / Arrive 9:40am 2H42Q6 Aer Lingus EI3806
29-4   H0204308649 Hertz @ Airport  
29   102886305 Prestonfield House Prestonfield Rd Edinburgh EH16 5UT UK
30     Crolinnhe 37 Grange Rd, Fort William PH33 6JH
31-2     Wilmar BnB Wilmar Bed and Breakfast Carbost Isle of Skye IV47 8SR
2-Sep     Greshornesh Greshornish House, Edinbane, Isle of Skye, IV51 9PN
3-Sep Edinbrugh      
4-Sep Leave 11:35 am / Arrive 4:35pm FMESC7 Flybe - Edinburgh to Bergerac BE764 /  BE3645
4-Sep 4-11 Discover France - Bike Tour La Metairie Mauzac, France
5-Sep     Les Glycines Les Eyzies de Tayac
6-Sep     Hotel le Renoir Sarlat
7-Sep     Pont de I'Ouysse Lacave
8-Sep     Les Esclargies Rocamadour
9-Sep     Va Villa Romaine Carsac-Aillac
10-Sep     Clement V Belves
11-Sep Leave 3:25pm / Arrive 4:10 pm VNBT5P Bergerac to Stansted  
11-Sep   EMHBEW Horley 1 Spiers Way, Horley, Surrey RH6 7NY
12-Sep Leave 11:20 am / Arrive 2:05 PM      

I bet this excel sheet copy and paste shows AWFUL :wave: 

No way! We used to live at number 11 Spiers Way!

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

On 9/7/2016 at 3:46 PM, ChrisTheConfused said:

No way! We used to live at number 11 Spiers Way!

She says it is RIGHT by Gatwick.

Soon .....

Many French take a pilgrimage to Rocammadour. It is a large city built into canyon wall. It has numerous Cathedrals inside.

IMG_20160908_121300.jpg

IMG_20160908_124940.jpg

IMG_20160908_131757.jpg

Soon .....

On 9 September 2016 at 6:15 PM, trottigy said:

She says it is RIGHT by Gatwick.

A short taxi ride, or you can walk along the footpath from the terminal if you are adventurous!

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

3 minutes ago, ChrisTheConfused said:

A short taxi ride, or you can walk along the footpath from the terminal if you are adventurous!

Us, adventurous? :lol1:

Of course we'll try it.

Soon .....

Amost forgot...Flowers for you.gif

Happy Anniversary 2.gif

Champaigne and candlelight.gif

You make a BEAUTIFUL couple!yes.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Thanks. That was very kind. :grouphug:

OK, I left off at Rocammadour. There were SEVERAL Cathedrals (Ithink would be the right term). Here is pictures from one. I think they are all Catholic. We saw quite a few priests also.

IMG_20160908_125128.jpgIMG_20160908_125203.jpg

Soon .....