JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Trottigy Trip

OK, we still have ONE more place to stay to book for one night, but here it was I have so far:

DATE TIME # LOCATION ADDRESS
22-Aug Leave 12:16:00 PM E1HD3Y          Virgin Air Las Vegas  
23-Aug Arrive 10:00 am VS 5166 Heathrow  
23-26   C33E5X Bloomsbury, London Flat 4, Halsey House     13 Red Lion Square     London WC1R 4QF
26-Aug Leave 8:20 am / Arrive 9:45 am LWYQRM Stansted to Cork  
26-29     Seamount Farms Goats Path Road Glenlough West, Bantry
29-Aug Leave 7:00 am / Arrive 9:40am 2H42Q6 Aer Lingus EI3806
29-4   H0204308649 Hertz @ Airport  
29   102886305 Prestonfield House Prestonfield Rd Edinburgh EH16 5UT UK
30     Crolinnhe 37 Grange Rd, Fort William PH33 6JH
31-2     Wilmar BnB Wilmar Bed and Breakfast Carbost Isle of Skye IV47 8SR
2-Sep     Greshornesh Greshornish House, Edinbane, Isle of Skye, IV51 9PN
3-Sep Edinbrugh      
4-Sep Leave 11:35 am / Arrive 4:35pm FMESC7 Flybe - Edinburgh to Bergerac BE764 /  BE3645
4-Sep 4-11 Discover France - Bike Tour La Metairie Mauzac, France
5-Sep     Les Glycines Les Eyzies de Tayac
6-Sep     Hotel le Renoir Sarlat
7-Sep     Pont de I'Ouysse Lacave
8-Sep     Les Esclargies Rocamadour
9-Sep     Va Villa Romaine Carsac-Aillac
10-Sep     Clement V Belves
11-Sep Leave 3:25pm / Arrive 4:10 pm VNBT5P Bergerac to Stansted  
11-Sep   EMHBEW Horley 1 Spiers Way, Horley, Surrey RH6 7NY
12-Sep Leave 11:20 am / Arrive 2:05 PM      

I bet this excel sheet copy and paste shows AWFUL :wave: 

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I have a work mate that regularly watches Zoey when we are gone. He'll love it there. He sleeps in the bed with them (not so with us) and they feed him scraps from the table ( shh don't tell Debbie). :wink:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

28 minutes ago, trottigy said:

I have a work mate that regularly watches Zoey when we are gone. He'll love it there. He sleeps in the bed with them (not so with us) and they feed him scraps from the table ( shh don't tell Debbie). :wink:

I hope they are careful with table scraps as it is easy to overdose a small dog on sodium. One potato chip has enough salt to start kidney damage. French frys and chicken skin are all no no's.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

That sounds like a wonderful trip, Jerry. :)

Do you have plans for London? There are brothers who organize tours in the British Museum and they are superb. Also, if you have a chance, don't miss the Stables Market in Camden. That's my favorite area in London besides the museum. :)

It will be an unforgettable vacation.

5 hours ago, anniebea said:

Yes Carlos is right Camden market is great. ..amazing place.  Just watch your wallet lol

I didn't know about Camden. We'll add that in between fist bumps with the Queen and the museum. :)

Soon .....

16 hours ago, carlos said:

That sounds like a wonderful trip, Jerry. :)

Do you have plans for London? There are brothers who organize tours in the British Museum and they are superb. Also, if you have a chance, don't miss the Stables Market in Camden. That's my favorite area in London besides the museum. :)

It will be an unforgettable vacation.

How do I setup the tour with the brothers? Is there a cost? 

Soon .....

4 hours ago, trottigy said:

How do I setup the tour with the brothers? Is there a cost? 

This is the one I know:

http://www.meander.co.uk

They have a cost, I think it was 5 pounds per person.

But I see there are several others that offer different tours at different prices:

http://www.bible-tours.co.uk/british-museum-grand-tour.php

http://www.betheltours.org/britishmuseumtours.php

All of them require booking in advance. In general, the tours are on Saturday morning. But even if you don't have a chance to be there on Saturday or if you don't want to pay, there are non-JW volunteers who offer free tours of every section at different times. I did the Assyrian one and I absolutely recommend it.

Doing a run thru of packing this afternoon to make sure we didn't forget anything and while we still have time to purchase stuff.   :wave: 

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

14 minutes ago, Mykyl said:

Shame you couldn't come to Fife and head to where I am. Then you could give me a slap for some of the posts I have made here over my time here. :)

:lol1:

hey, I am giving a link to this thread to some work mates of mine. As this is a public portion of our site, they'll be able read the posts and see pictures AND I won't need to post in more than one place.

They aren't members so they won't be able to post, just read. I hope they'll email if they want to chat. I'll still check my work email to "fondly" think of work. :wave:

Soon .....

have to do a little preaching before our trip.

trottcart.jpgOf course, we

Edited by Musky

fixed image

Soon .....

Jerry, it would be a good idea to bring a couple of plug adapters. But you can buy them anywhere so it's not a problem if you forget.

These plugs are used in UK and Ireland:

uk.jpg

And these are the standard in France and most of Southern Europe:

france.jpg

Voltage in Europe is 220 V / 50 Hz (US is 110 V / 60 Hz), but most chargers for laptops, tablets and phones can work with the different voltage.

I got 2 adapters from Amazon already.   :thumbsup:

I even picked up a nice battery backup.

https://www.amazon.com/LifeCHARGE-Portable-External-Battery-Smartphones/dp/B00KMEPUI6

Soon .....

7 minutes ago, trottigy said:

How many shoes do you need?

14717537359781608714960.jpg

Easy on and off for airport security check...comfy for all that touring, durable for the biking and hiking and classy for the queen. Four pair. :D

Have a safe fun sojourn across the pond!:D. Keep track of all the congregations you get to visit.  Oops, make that five pair. ^_^. One for meetings.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

So you get the flight to Heathrow from Atlanta?  VS 116 Virgin Atlantic.  Are tou on the Delta flight from Vegas to Atlanta? Do you know which terminal you should arrive at in Heathrow?

I could welcome you with a sign held up and your name on it and we could have a coffee before you get off on your way.  Are you getting the tube to your flat?  Holborn is the nearest tube station, that is still Piccadilly Line straight from the airport.

edit: I just checked and you are due to land at Terminal 3.  

5f768996c5a89dec6004863597e86150_zpsijud

Edited by bohemian

New info

2 hours ago, bohemian said:

I could welcome you with a sign held up and your name on it and we could have a coffee before you get off on your way.

I planned your day using emoticons...

:ecstatic:"Hey Jerry!"

:drink:"Good Coffee"

:hugs: "It was so nice meeting you" 

:wave: "Have a safe trip"

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The English language meeting at Bergerac on September 11 is at 10am, IIRC, JW.org will confirm the time...

Look down this lane...

0805Bergeraclane.jpg

...for the Kingdom Hall...

0805Bergerachall.jpg

...and say 'hello' to some of the brothers and sisters I met there in May... then again, your itinerary seems to say you won't be there at that time of the day. What a shame!

0805insidehall.jpg

But I would also implore you to visit this cutest of all Kingdom Halls:

1606Hexhamhall.jpg

...where a lovely congregation of about 35 with broad accents meet. It's at Hexham, near Hadrian's Wall and not far from Newcastle. Unfortunately I think your itinerary says you're wasting the opportunity and flying right over it instead.