JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Tour Reservation Tool Available

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2726 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I'm surprised the online reservation tool is up and running already!  5 months before Warwick opens for tours - but I guess that gives people time to plan. 

Just as a reminder -  what was the online address again for the reservation tool.  I know I have it written down somewhere.

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

16 minutes ago, shali said:

I'm surprised the online reservation tool is up and running already!  5 months before Warwick opens for tours - but I guess that gives people time to plan. 

Just as a reminder -  what was the online address again for the reservation tool.  I know I have it written down somewhere.

Warwick id months away but the other facilities are up and running. You might want to visit one of them.

4 hours ago, jwhess said:

Warwick id months away but the other facilities are up and running. You might want to visit one of them.

If I didn't live 12 hours away and had lost my job two years ago and am doing all kinds of odd jobs to just pay house and utilities - I'd be there in a heartbeat.  My husband and I are talking about it, but I don't want to have to go to work full time to afford to go there, rather have that time for the ministry.  I'm hoping a congregation around here will arrange a bus trip that we can afford if I sell a few things on Ebay.  (I have a great fountain pen collection I haven't added to in years if anyone is interested! LOL)

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

35 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

I still struggle with the transportation facts:

How do I travel from NY to Warwick? car? (I would hate that) Bus ? Train ?

Could someone help here to explain logistics ? :confused:

A couple years ago we went by car from NY to Patterson and another day to Wallkill (which are more or less at the same distance as Warwick, around one hour) and I have to say the trip was wonderful. As soon as you go out of the city all the way goes among beautiful forests. Of course the highlight was visiting the facilities, but it would have been worth it just for the ride.

Google Maps says there's a bus 197 that goes from near Penn Station to Warwick. There's one bus every two hours, and it takes slightly over 2 hours to get to Warwick. I don't know how long it is from Warwick downtown to Bethel.

Edited by carlos

1 minute ago, carlos said:

A couple years ago we went by car from NY to Patterson and another day to Wallkill (which are more or less at the same distance as Warwick, around one hour) and I have to say the trip was wonderful. As soon as you go out of the city all the way is among beautiful forests. Of course the highlight was visiting the facilities, but it would have been worth it just for the ride.

Google Maps says there's a bus 197 that goes from near Penn Station to Warwick. There's one bus every two hours, and it takes slightly over 2 hours to get to Warwick. I don't know how long it is from Warwick downtown to Bethel.

Thanks Carlos ! very useful information (I hate city traffic - we drive on the left side)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

22 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

Thanks Carlos ! very useful information (I hate city traffic - we drive on the left side)

I just had a look at where the branch actually is, and it's really far from Warwick.

"1 Kings Dr. TUXEDO PARK NY 10987"

https://www.google.es/maps/place/1+Kings+Dr,+Tuxedo+Park,+NY+10987,+EE.+UU./@41.1613915,-74.2543586,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x89c3203021c80505:0x6db86a2a40b4a0c6!8m2!3d41.1613875!4d-74.2521699?hl=es

If you phone the branch I'm sure they can give you better directions.

I understand your apprehension to driving on the right side, I felt the same when driving in the UK and Ireland. But this drive is an easy one. You can cross the whole city from the airport by highway (motorway in Australia?) and once outside the city the roads are good, traffic is scarce and Americans drive really slowly (at least compared to Europeans).

Edited by carlos

7 minutes ago, carlos said:

I just had a look at where the branch actually is, and it's really far from Warwick.

"1 Kings Dr. TUXEDO PARK NY 10987"

https://www.google.es/maps/place/1+Kings+Dr,+Tuxedo+Park,+NY+10987,+EE.+UU./@41.1613915,-74.2543586,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x89c3203021c80505:0x6db86a2a40b4a0c6!8m2!3d41.1613875!4d-74.2521699?hl=es

If you phone the branch I'm sure they can give you better directions.

I understand your apprehension to driving on the right side, I felt the same when driving in the UK and Ireland. But this drive is an easy one. You can cross the whole city from the airport by highway (motorway in Australia?) and once outside the city the roads are good, traffic is scarce and Americans drive really slowly (at least compared to Europeans).

We call it Freeway ! I drove in Hawaii but NY I would like to avoid !

I could rent something on the outskirts of NY ? ! :idea:

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

if you want to avoid NYC completely, fly into the Westchester County Airport in White Plains, NY  ...   its a much more enjoyable ride between Wallkill, Patterson, Tuxedo and Warwick  

240 Airport Rd, White Plains, NY 10604, EE. UU.
+1 914-995-4860

Edited by timpin

32 minutes ago, timpin said:

if you want to avoid NYC completely, fly into the Westchester County Airport in White Plains, NY  ...   its a much more enjoyable ride between Wallkill, Patterson, Tuxedo and Warwick  

I was going to suggest Newark airport in New Jersey, which is international, and avoids most of the city. (Besides it's just a 40 minute train ride to Central Manhattan). But this airport is much closer if you can fly directly there from your point of origin.

Stewart is a great airport if you can get decent connections to it.  From where I live, it would be much less aggravation to drive up from Newark (after a non-stop flight) than it would to spend nearly eight hours travelling, including a two-hour layover in Detroit..

On the upside - that IS an overnight flight...

You can take NJ Transit from Newark International.

The closest station with a car rental is Mahwah, NJ. The train take about an hour and a half and cost about $20 for an adult 

There is a station in Tuxedo. The fare is the same but there is not any place to rent a car.

Of course, you could also go one stop past Tuxedo. There is a place to rent a car in Harriman - Mahwah is about 5 minutes drive quicker ... depending on traffic.

By the time you drive from EWR to Warwick with traffic and tolls :eek: 

The nice part is, when you get to Warwick - 6 miles down the road on the right is the Tuxedo Complex.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Wow! The first week of the Warwick Tour is fully booked!  If that week of April 3rd is any indication, it will not be long before all Spring, Summer and early Fall dates are completely reserved also.

Warwick will no doubt be the most popular facility of all three.