JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

man's first home on Mars

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2726 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3883830/The-igloo-man-s-home-Mars-National-Geographic-s-stunning-miniseries-reveal-habitats-planet-look-like.html

The 'igloo' that could be man's first home on Mars: National Geographic's stunning miniseries reveal what first habitat on another planet could look like

• National Geographic's show interviewed dozens of experts, including Elon Musk
  • Designed all of the technology to what is expected to be available within five years
  • Show will mix interviews with experts with a scripted element showing a first mission to Mars 
  • Show will air on 13th November at 9pm on National Geographic

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3883830/The-igloo-man-s-home-Mars-National-Geographic-s-stunning-miniseries-reveal-habitats-planet-look-like.html#ixzz4OaBYbtWF 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

4 hours ago, bobby said:

Thanks for this bobby...I have a bit of fascination with space travel, I have always wanted to travel to the stars, I hope that in the new system we will be allowed to. ..

Warp factor: Ludicrous. .. (Space balls,  the movie )  

( Mel Brooks movie,  no need to say any more )

Lord, we can't even inhabit the planet we are on prpoerly, we have basically destroyed the climate, animal life and environments on every continent and we think it's a good idea to inhabit another planet. Imperfect humans are a plague wherever they go but for some reason no one sees it.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

i think humans trying to inhabit another planet is simply like going beyond the boundary of normal human habitation.its like trying to live on a property that we are not permited to.the genesis account states that man should have dominion over the EARTH and everything on it.to me, i think Jehovah was specific enough in that instruction. (Gen 1:26).
man's desire to habitate and live on another planet really reminds of the behavior of the angels in noah's day who abandoned their natural place of abode in heaven and would rather choose to LIVE on earth with humans and marry women (Jude 6).
its not like to visit other planets is wrong,infact it is good to visit other planets to learn more about Jehovah's creation.BUT to make it a place of habitation for humans,i have a feeling that,that is a rebelious tendency and Jehovah might not allow that in the new world.
it is just an opinion i am expressing,please anyone can feel free to enlighten me more on it and i will especially appreciate it if i can get a link to any material of the faithful and discreet slave that discusses this.
thanks my beloved brothers and sisters.a very good morning to all of you.

Sent from my TECNO P9 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, ishaya moses said:

man's desire to habitate and live on another planet really reminds of the behavior of the angels in noah's day who abandoned their natural place of abode in heaven and would rather choose to LIVE on earth with humans and marry women (Jude 6).

We'll have to disagree on this, Ishaya. :)

Jehovah hasn't given any instructions yet about other planets but it would seem reasonable to me if he does so in the future. Mars is very hostile to life in its present condition, but it can be terraformed the same as Earth was. With perfect humans having children and no one dying, earth will soon be overpopulated. It seems logical IMO that Jehovah created an infinite universe to be inhabited by a forever growing perfect humankind.

For a long time the Slave was of that same opinion, that God's purpose for man was to stay on earth, but the 1986 book "Worldwide Security Under the Prince of Peace", page 184, paragraph 10 mentions as a possibility that other planets may be inhabited in the future:

** ws chap. 22 p. 184 par. 10 The God of the “Prince of Peace” Becomes “All Things to Everyone” ***
To all eternity our earth will bear a distinction that no other planet throughout endless space will enjoy, though the earth may not be the only planet that will ever be inhabited. Uniquely, it will be where Jehovah has indisputably vindicated his universal sovereignty, establishing an eternal and universal legal precedent. It will be the only planet on which Jehovah of armies will have fought “the war of the great day of God the Almighty.” It will be the only planet to which God sent his dearest Son to become a man and die in order to recover the planet’s inhabitants from sin and death. It will be the only planet from which Jehovah will have taken 144,000 of its inhabitants to be “heirs indeed of God, but joint heirs with Christ.”—Romans 8:17.

8 minutes ago, bohemian said:

Oh how I long for a world without children!

:D

Well for now, there's always Mars   :wave:

:lol1:

Edit: I want to go. don't leave me behind :)

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

i really appreciate all those well though-out comments brothers and sisters.you know i have really wondered how the planet earth will be able to contain all the millions of Jehovah's faithful worshippers who have died over the the centuries and are awaiting resurrection in addition to us who will join them in the grave before the end comes plus the countless millions who will survive the great tribulation, !.but with your comments, i think i am gradually getting a clue how this might work out.
really, i noticed that Jehovah hasn't revealed much about his intentions for other planets.so it will be safe to keep an open mind .

Sent from my TECNO P9 using Tapatalk