JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Article on Remain Loyal Amid troubles, Jehovah’s Witnesses wait for God to punish evil

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2704 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

AMHERST – Outside, the world was raging. But inside, they were safe.

Outside, there were wars, known and unknown. There were men with guns and hearts full of hate. There were trials and temptations, liars and blasphemers. There were squabbles over earthly things — money, oil and power — that brought nations to their knees.

Inside, they had peace and unity. They had their iPads with their verses and their books of scripture. They had their shared songs and stories. They had their Brothers and Sisters. They had each other and the love of Jehovah.   Kristina and Nathan Steffenhagen, along with their daughters Estella and Sienna, were among more than 5,000 Jehovah’s Witnesses to join in Amherst this weekend for the regional New England convention. The gathering at the Mullins Center overlapped with a terrorist attack in France, a military overthrow in Turkey and a shooting of police in Louisiana — events in a recent string of violence and turbulence.

But while the world reeled, the Jehovah’s Witnesses steadied themselves with scripture. They took these tragedies as signs, confirmation of what their faith foretold: the end is approaching.

Read full article BELOW

http://www.gazettenet.com/Jehovah-s-Witness-convention-in-Amherst-draws-many-3471785

Enjoyable read. This morning, I enjoyed going back and reliving the excitement and anticipation we felt for our 2016 RC. Good thing to do. It's an opportunity to see if I still kept that feeling with me. I had it recorded, but lost the recordings when I replaced my iPad. So, this site just became more valuable. Where else can one go back and relive the anticipation and the highlights of the convention? I thank you, friends.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Good to read this again, I did a topic on this back in July 

Good article though :thumbsup:

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)