JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Britain Branch up for sale!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2726 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Just took a drone tour of The Watchtower House property.  The landscaping is breathtakingly beautiful!!!:o

http://ibsaproperty.com/media/Watch-tower-house-1280x720.mp4

The 360 degree tours are incredible, too.:D

http://ibsaproperty.com/properties/watchtower-house/gallery/vr-wth-garden2/

A tiny peek at paradise.^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

16 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

Unfortunately prices for apartments in London are a little over my budget.  Knock of a few 000's !.  I'm not a London person, prefer my little town.

I've been to London twice and I noticed they had a lot of homeless people... I wonder if that's because the cost of living is so high :blink:

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Jehovah is moving Major headquarters out of heavily populated regions for a reason. It may not be clear until the GT begins why. 

There's a reason given in the Warwick video shown at the annual meeting for the move of world headquarters. Brooklyn is simply not what it used to be when the Society moved there. Staying in Brooklyn was not practical anymore.

Sent from my M5 using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, shali said:

Jehovah is moving Major headquarters out of heavily populated regions for a reason. It may not be clear until the GT begins why. 

I tend to agree with you. Maybe to be paradise ready! I know the area the Britain branch is moving to is such beautiful English countryside. And Warwick looks beautiful too.

And even if we're wrong and it actually has nothing to do with great tribulation, at least the Bethelites get lovely surroundings for the last few months/years this system lasts. They work so hard for Jehovah, they deserve it. 

There's a reason given in the Warwick video shown at the annual meeting for the move of world headquarters. Brooklyn is simply not what it used to be when the Society moved there. Staying in Brooklyn was not practical anymore.

Sent from my M5 using Tapatalk

That is right. Once New York City was a melting pot unlike any other city, and it was a great location to reach out to people of all nations. From there you could efficiently send out literature to the ends of the earth. But where the ships once moored people now stroll in parks.

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

17 hours ago, shali said:

I asked an elder out in service why he thought Jehovah had the brothers move from Brooklyn to Warwick and he said "What's right across the river? The United Nations. Perhaps Jehovah did it so they could operate inconspicuously during the great tribulation." I thought the same thing until I saw the brothers give their reasons for leaving Brooklyn in the annual meeting video. I just hope Jehovah didn't do this because he intends for his people to get good use out of the new headquarters many years before this system ends! I'm ready for this system to end :(

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

29 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

he intends for his people to get good use out of the new headquarters many years before this system ends! I'm ready for this system to end

Well, now it's well out of the way of the destruction, so it will possibly be used to coordinate after Armageddon for many years to come :)

Or, we can just build a new one.  Whatever is the case, it won't be too long.

On 11/3/2016 at 4:59 PM, Brother Jack said:

I wish the society would give us video updates of the progress of the new branch like they did Warwick :)

Society? Which society? :poke:

:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I really love English style gardens and landscapes, with the tiny flowered vines and the sculpted trees and bushes. I would love to visit a British botanical garden. Maybe they will have them where the brothers are moving!

I shared table with one of the sweet bethel gardeners for dinner when visiting London Bethel some years ago. He sure loved his beautiful roses. Wherever you go, if the branch office or RTO has a garden, it is well taken care of.

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”