Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"The Unrighteous" by EK Johnathan (SPOILERS)


We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1484 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Recommended Posts

http://theunrighteousnovel.blogspot.com/

 

The Unrighteous is a work of fiction by EK Jonathan, the author of All Things New. Whereas All Things New documented the experiences of dozens of faithful survivors directly after the events of Armageddon, The Unrighteous offers a glance centuries into the paradisiac future, when the first of the unrighteous begin rising from the dead. 

 

 

Edited by Shawnster
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I couldn't put "All Things New" down.  I'm the same way with "The Unrighteous."  I'm on chapter 21.  He's a great author.  

 

His books, however, need a little bit of editing.  Besides the occasional misspelling, I think I've found one very glaring error in this book.

Spoiler

 

Charles and Naomi Lewis were married for some years prior to Armageddon.  They were married long enough to learn Naomi was barren and long enough to go through the entire adoption procedure with China.  Obviously we're talking years.

 

Sophie was about 18 when Armageddon happened.  She was adopted when she was 4.  This puts the Lewises being married probably at least 20 years before Armageddon.

 

We're repeatedly told the resurrection of the unrighteous, the timeframe of this story, is 200 years after Armageddon.

 

Yet there was a line that the Lewises have been married for 197 (or was it 193?) years.  That doesn't add up.  They should be married at least 218 or 220 years by the time the story takes place.

 

 

Or I'm not understanding something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/2/2016 at 9:04 PM, Shawnster said:

I couldn't put "All Things New" down.  I'm the same way with "The Unrighteous."  I'm on chapter 21.  He's a great author.  

 

His books, however, need a little bit of editing.  Besides the occasional misspelling, I think I've found one very glaring error in this book.

  Hide contents

 

Charles and Naomi Lewis were married for some years prior to Armageddon.  They were married long enough to learn Naomi was barren and long enough to go through the entire adoption procedure with China.  Obviously we're talking years.

 

Sophie was about 18 when Armageddon happened.  She was adopted when she was 4.  This puts the Lewises being married probably at least 20 years before Armageddon.

 

We're repeatedly told the resurrection of the unrighteous, the timeframe of this story, is 200 years after Armageddon.

 

Yet there was a line that the Lewises have been married for 197 (or was it 193?) years.  That doesn't add up.  They should be married at least 218 or 220 years by the time the story takes place.

 

 

Or I'm not understanding something.

There are a few of these Oops'es.

 

I also have think it's wierd that everyone in the new world eats a bablefish and can instantly understand every language. What if you speak multiple languages and how about reading them. It seems more reasonable that we would all have to learn a new one.

 

Also, that family wouldn't be resurrected together is odd as well. But hey, it's one man's fiction right. Write like you like it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, trottigy said:

There are a few of these Oops'es.

 

I also have think it's wierd that everyone in the new world eats a bablefish and can instantly understand every language. What if you speak multiple languages and how about reading them. It seems more reasonable that we would all have to learn a new one.

 

Also, that family wouldn't be resurrected together is odd as well. But hey, it's one man's fiction right. Write like you like it. 

 

 

The only answer I have is that it's to make the story.  His story wouldn't work as well if it wasn't this way.

 

The Babelfish thingl... he had to include that because A) It's pretty much a given that we'll all return to to speaking the same language.  No, it's not in the Bible, but it's a safe speculation and B ) he did this because of all the written or printed material that the story speculates will survive Armageddon.  Someone's got to be able to read this.  Someone's got to be able to speak the language of those who are resurrected.  If we're all going to miraculously speak the same language, then he extrapolates that we all should read and speak all languages.  

 

Well, that's not exactly it.  It's like you said - Babelfish .  Or universal translator.   Everyone hears any language as if it was their native language.

 

And you don't eat a Babelfish.  You stick it in your ear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Shawnster said:

 

 

The only answer I have is that it's to make the story.  His story wouldn't work as well if it wasn't this way.

 

The Babelfish thingl... he had to include that because A) It's pretty much a given that we'll all return to to speaking the same language.  No, it's not in the Bible, but it's a safe speculation and B ) he did this because of all the written or printed material that the story speculates will survive Armageddon.  Someone's got to be able to read this.  Someone's got to be able to speak the language of those who are resurrected.  If we're all going to miraculously speak the same language, then he extrapolates that we all should read and speak all languages.  

 

Well, that's not exactly it.  It's like you said - Babelfish .  Or universal translator.   Everyone hears any language as if it was their native language.

 

And you don't eat a Babelfish.  You stick it in your ear.

I'm still clinging to the idea that well have to learn a the new language. Maybe, we learn it quickly. Eventually, we'll likely learn everything quickly - as our brains get perfect - I suppose.

 

We'll see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, trottigy said:

I'm still clinging to the idea that well have to learn a the new language. Maybe, we learn it quickly. Eventually, we'll likely learn everything quickly - as our brains get perfect - I suppose.

 

We'll see.

 

But why?  I'm clinging to the idea that Jehovah instantly confused the languages, so he can instantly unconfuse them.   It only makes sens to me that Jehovah do this to help reestablish civilization after Armageddon.  Languages serve to divide humanity and cause difficulty in coordinating anything such as reconstruction.

 

We'll see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

 

But why?  I'm clinging to the idea that Jehovah instantly confused the languages, so he can instantly unconfuse them.   It only makes sens to me that Jehovah do this to help reestablish civilization after Armageddon.  Languages serve to divide humanity and cause difficulty in coordinating anything such as reconstruction.

I like the way it was presented in the book, the cultural aspect of her language was very important to the Chinese woman.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Could the pure language mean that we will all speak the truth, that there will be no false languages/false religions? Then we will have to teach the "pure language" to others by their learning the truth.

 

I have always thought that at the very moment Armageddon ends, any sickness that hinders serving Jehovah (blindness, cancer, terminal illness, etc.) and perhaps even the language barriers would be done away with. We could all speak the languages we already knew, but also perhaps suddenly understand each other in the original language humans were created speaking. ^_^ 

 

I love critical times so I will have to check the other books out too!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I'm hoping we will pick up the pure language as quickly

as the early Christians picked up new languages at Pentecost.^_^

Jehovah's holy spirit is a universal translator.:D

I wonder how long that lasted. Did that ability stay with them the rrst of their lives. Maybe there is a precedent here - for a short while (while it's necessary) this might happen - at least until we learn the new language.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Shawnster said:

 

But why?  I'm clinging to the idea that Jehovah instantly confused the languages, so he can instantly unconfuse them.   It only makes sens to me that Jehovah do this to help reestablish civilization after Armageddon.  Languages serve to divide humanity and cause difficulty in coordinating anything such as reconstruction.

 

We'll see.

Plus any learned language will never be your native mother tongue. It's always better to learn in our mother tongue and that's why we do so much translation. Easy solution,, Jehovah makes it the mother tongue miraculously for every one. No confusion ever then.

 

:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, trottigy said:

I didn't really like this book - especially when I got to the end.

 

Can we talk about it yet?

 

The whole premise (when explained in the book) doesn't make sense.

Agreed. I liked the first book better.  I'm having a hard time getting into the last book too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, trottigy said:

God allowing people to experiment with other people's lives makes no sense to me.

 

He would provide clear direction and training that would work out for everyone's advantage. He always does.

Agreed. I did think it was interesting that someone would try to escape from a resurrection center, I never thought of that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 22.1.2 (changelog)