JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Appreciating our members here at JW Talk

Doesn't Tortuga ever go to sleep?  He seems to be perpetually roving this site. Looking to put his fingers and wit to better use? 

I know nuts about 'Dark Mode' but the Awesome T must somehow use 'dark mode' to conserve his energy and brain power. 

I guess he is only imitating Jehovah in his own inimitable way. Keep it up, bruder,  ( perhaps he is like John, the disciple Jesus loved)

“[Jehovah’s] eyes are roving about through all the earth to show his strength in behalf of those whose heart is complete toward him.” —2 CHRON. 16:9.

2 hours ago, MikkiSoo said:

He seems to be perpetually roving this site. Looking to put his fingers and wit to better use? 

Im here only half the time, does that make me a half wit? :uhhuh:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:03 PM, Tortuga said:

Im here only half the time, does that make me a half wit? :uhhuh:

I appreciate all the different personalities on this forum - including your sense of humor!

It shows we will never get bored in the new system as we make millions+ new friends for untold millions of years!

• 3 weeks later...

On 9/16/2019 at 4:58 AM, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

I heard they make good soup... emoji217.png

Just Older emoji856.png

If you study the emoticons for your post - you will discover an angry face ... that is called transferred anger from a kiwi to an aussie ... not that I'm complaining mind you ... makes for a quiet life my end.

Seriously though - talking with an Elder from my congregation he can confirm that Turtle soup is very delicious.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

I don't do favorites. There are a lot of brothers (and sisters) who have been very encouraging. I can't name everyone. but I have learned from this site. I have gotten upset at a brother's comments and then realized that I was the one that needed to correct my thinking.

Tortuga, Old, Dilip, Shawnster, etc., (in no particular order), I appreciate everyone on here who puts up with me.

it-2 pp. 296-297  Maher-shalal-hash-baz

Hurry, O Spoil! He Has Made Haste to the Plunder; or, Hurrying to the Spoil, He Has Made Haste to the Plunder.

The name given to Isaiah’s second son at Jehovah’s direction.

.....he instructed the prophet to give this same expression as a name to his newborn son, declaring that before the child could say, “My father!” and “My mother!” the king of Assyria would subjugate Judah’s enemies—Damascus and Samaria. (Isa 8:1-4) The prophetic meaning of this name given to Isaiah’s second son was fulfilled within the designated time period.

Interesting. A mouthful though. How shall we shorten it?

I thought maybe Joseph's Egyptian name was longer than Isaiah's son's.  But now that I sit here and say both, i do think Isaiah's sons name is longer.  (Zaphenath-paneah) - Joseph's name has 3 less letters and one less syllable.

Here is the longest word I know: pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

It's a disease you get from breathing in volcanic ash.  I learned it when I was in the sixth grade and for some reason it stuck (go figure! I can remember that stupid word but not this years text most days!)

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

3 hours ago, M'Awan said:

Maher-shalal-hash-baz

It's my favorite biblical name, I love seeing it used here, I wish I had thought of using it. I keep telling my wife that I want to use it when we name our kids..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

If you study the emoticons for your post - you will discover an angry face ...

Sorry for the emoticon mis-direct.

I do not speak emoji. My phone keyboard app suggests icons based on the last word typed. As the screen on my phone is small, I cannot make out the facial expression.

If I type angry - this pops up...

Happy sad cry plane ship old

My original emoji was said by one fellow member too young for me. So I changed to an old guy with a headache... I also removed my profile pic at his suggestion...

And as very few on here use their real name, I went with a biblical one... (most were taken...)

I remember this name well, as it was in the first WT study I took for a Circuit Assembly. I had to practice and practice to get it right. It's stayed with me...

I did google emojis and found this:

380b96d46e69c415ee505eb135806f49.jpg&key=e859f7c6717ef949e658c2f1274f19a3d8684f5752259cfdc6f04ebb88cb4d90

Just Older

The tortoise with his  hand-painted, 3D-printed hull after losing most of her shell in a devastating forest fire. Freddy was found after the fire left him with burned forelegs and a damaged hull. Freddy had lost 85 percent of her shell, and over the next months, it continued falling off. Cicero Moraes told Inside Edition that his team decided to create the world's first 3D printed hull for the animal.

Way to go, Freddy! The world's first 3D painted shell. Someone should start thinking about designer shells. I wonder who?

Edited by M'Awan

chop, chop

From ye old wikipedia:

“The inner layer of a turtle’s shell is made up of about 60 bones that includes portions of the backbone and the ribs, meaning the turtle cannot crawl out of its shell. In most turtles, the outer layer of the shell is covered by horny scales called scutes that are part of its outer skin, or epidermis.”

The shell is part of a turtle’s backbone, you can’t get rid of it without killing the turtle!        Freddi may be the first documented naked turtle to survive.  Another amazing example of Jehovah's beautiful biological world.