JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Appreciating our members here at JW Talk

On 12/13/2016 at 8:11 PM, dilip kumar said:

Moderator note:  We have decided this topic is a wonderful idea and wish to expand it to include all our members.  If you would like to show your appreciation for a certain member and want everyone to know, please feel free to post it here.

Dilp Kumar started off with his appreciation for our friend Neil - Beggar for the Spirit.

7f06b56c7a858422262cb6f9030ef057.jpg

This thread is a small token of love and appreciation for you dear brother.

I am grateful to each brother and sister on this forum but especially to you for all your Christian efforts to encourage us and read our post very very carefully and take time to mediate and take time to research and take time to highlight and post according to our needs.

A great privilege to be with persons like you dear brother who love because they imitate jah a little more and are full of love and humbleness.

Though I am miles apart from you ,

your posts have brought smiles to many all over.

I sometimes do what I feel is right and my conscious says that to post my personal feelings for you is justified.

Pls keep up the goodwork of loving and encouraging us.

Our prayers for you. 402342ab2a3825797a9e7aa81802d430.jpg

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

I second that, a big thank you dear brother for your sound Bible based advice and your steadfast presence.

• 6 months later...
On 10/2/2019 at 11:46 AM, shali said:

I thought maybe Joseph's Egyptian name was longer than Isaiah's son's.  But now that I sit here and say both, i do think Isaiah's sons name is longer.  (Zaphenath-paneah) - Joseph's name has 3 less letters and one less syllable.

Here is the longest word I know: pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

It's a disease you get from breathing in volcanic ash.  I learned it when I was in the sixth grade and for some reason it stuck (go figure! I can remember that stupid word but not this years text most days!)

Egyptologist have interpreted Joseph's Egyptian name in various ways. David Rohl, an Egyptologist,  believes that Joseph's name was the result of recording the Egyptian name in a Semitic language.  In Egypt, a Semite might have his name recorded as Semitic name /Zetheneph/Egyptian name. Zetheneph means he who is called. pa would be 'the' in English. Aneah in Egyptian would be recorded without the vowel 'e', but would have a place holder which was a 'QOPH' character which resembled our letter 'Q'.  This name has been interpreted as Ankh or Ankhu in English.  This is a thrilling concept, because, at the time of Joseph (according to the Bible chronology in the Insight book), there was a Grand Vizier in Egypt named Ankh. Just as Joseph had two sons, the Grand Vizier Ankh had two sons. Of course, these twp sons had Egyptian names.  Egyptian records indicate that Ankh also had a daughter later, but she was never listed in the Bible.  (I am trying to find my David Rohl book.  It has been stored somewhere.  When I find it I can verify more information from an Egyptologist's perspective)

Edited by Witness1970

added information for clarification

This is all the research from reference works in Watchtower Library.  It is only one (1) page so I didn't bother to put it into different formats.

(Exodus 10:7) Then Pharʹaoh’s servants said to him: “How long will this man continue to menace us? Send the men away so that they may serve Jehovah their God. Do you not yet realize that Egypt has been ruined?”

*** it-2 pp. 1121-1122 Trap ***

Figurative or Illustrative Use. As they bring captivity, harm, or death to animals caught in them, snares and traps can represent causes of loss of freedom, or calamity, ruin, or death. Thus, after Moses announced the coming of a severe locust plague on Egypt, Pharaoh’s servants asked: “How long will this man prove to be as a snare to us?” (Ex 10:7) The previous plagues had all come at the announcement of Moses, and therefore, he had proved to be as a snare, that is, a cause of calamity or ruin to the Egyptians.

(Exodus 10:12) Jehovah now said to Moses: “Stretch out your hand over the land of Egypt for the locusts, so that they may come up over the land of Egypt and eat up all the vegetation of the land, everything that the hail has let remain.”

*** it-1 p. 976 Gods and Goddesses ***

The locust plague spelled defeat for the gods thought to ensure a bountiful harvest, one of these being the fertility god Min, who was viewed as a protector of the crops. (Ex 10:12-15)

(Exodus 10:21) Jehovah then said to Moses: “Stretch out your hand toward the heavens so that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, a darkness so thick that it can be felt.”

*** it-1 p. 976 Gods and Goddesses ***

Among the deities disgraced by the plague of darkness were sun-gods, such as Ra and Horus, and also Thoth the god of the moon and believed to be the systematizer of sun, moon, and stars.—Ex 10:21-23.

(Exodus 11:2) Now tell the people that all the men and women should ask their neighbor for articles of silver and of gold.”

*** w04 3/15 p. 26 par. 4 Highlights From the Book of Exodus ***

11:2; 12:36. Jehovah blesses his people. Evidently he was seeing to it that the Israelites were now given wages for their labor in Egypt. They had entered the land as free people, not as captives of war to be enslaved.

(Exodus 11:7) But not even a dog will bark at the Israelites, at the men or their livestock, so that you may know that Jehovah can make a distinction between the Egyptians and the Israelites.’

*** it-1 p. 783 Exodus ***

When they went out from Egypt they were not allowed to suffer harm from man or beast; no dog even snarled at the Israelites or moved its tongue against them. (Ex 11:7)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Does anyone know where Burt, aka. pjdriver, has been? I haven't seen anything posted from him for quite awhile. I hope he's alright.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

6 minutes ago, minister159 said:

Does anyone know where Burt, aka. pjdriver, has been? I haven't seen anything posted from him for quite awhile. I hope he's alright.

Have you sent him a PM?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Having only just joined , I have to say I am very grateful to find such a well organised way to chat and hear opinions of our brothers and sisters , some forums I have looked on appear to have little filter and can end up having apostates making comments which I found dangerous and upsetting . But this site just seems to have thoroughly got this right ..  so thank you . 

15 minutes ago, Maria Keerie said:

But this site just seems to have thoroughly got this right ..  so thank you

It's definitely a team effort. We appreciate all of the members putting on their best behavior and clothing themselves with an extra layer of the christian personality. We appreciate the members reporting any suspicious comments so the Moderators can investigate. We are glad you are here, enjoy yourself and welcome to the e-family.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 9/9/2020 at 9:50 PM, Beyond the Sky said:

Its defintley cool to have a safe place on the internet full of Witnesses. I relate more to you guys than I do anyone else. I have a hard time trusting non witnesses.

!00% agree some other forums have lovely groups but all joining are not brothers and sisters and it takes away the freedom to speak freely and trust all.

On 12/18/2020 at 10:27 PM, minister159 said:

I sent him a PM yesterday. He said he's ok but taking a break. I hope we hear from him again, he's a well-loved member here. :)

Thanks, Ken!

9 hours ago, Maria Keerie said:

!00% agree some other forums have lovely groups but all joining are not brothers and sisters and it takes away the freedom to speak freely and trust all.

Tell them about this forum....?

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 2 weeks later...

Received this little gem in a forwarded message from Brother Alan.  

It pertains not just to our fellow JWTalk members, but to each and every member of our Worldwide Brotherhood. :D

“The Duck” 🦆 

Have you ever seen a duck in the water?

Small waves may come and go, but the duck continues calm and balanced over the water.

What we don’t see are it’s little webbed feet paddling as fast as he can under water to seem so calm and balanced.

Have we seen our brothers and sisters over zoom lately? Sitting there, still and observant of the camera 👨🏽‍💻?

Everything seems fine. 

What we don’t see are their daily struggle to stay afloat despite the many challenges they face all the while fighting to continue serving Jehovah faithfully.

Health and economic problems, depression and anxiety, death of loved ones and so many other trials.

How encouraging to see our dear brothers doing their best to stay afloat, firm in their loyalty to Jehovah.

May we never forget to understand them, love them and forgive them.
(Romans 15:13)

Keep paddling!!💕

:D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

26 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Received this little gem in a forwarded message from Brother Alan.  

It pertains not just to our fellow JWTalk members, but to each and every member of our Worldwide Brotherhood. :D

“The Duck” 🦆 

Have you ever seen a duck in the water?

Small waves may come and go, but the duck continues calm and balanced over the water.

What we don’t see are it’s little webbed feet paddling as fast as he can under water to seem so calm and balanced.

Have we seen our brothers and sisters over zoom lately? Sitting there, still and observant of the camera 👨🏽‍💻?

Everything seems fine. 

What we don’t see are their daily struggle to stay afloat despite the many challenges they face all the while fighting to continue serving Jehovah faithfully.

Health and economic problems, depression and anxiety, death of loved ones and so many other trials.

How encouraging to see our dear brothers doing their best to stay afloat, firm in their loyalty to Jehovah.

May we never forget to understand them, love them and forgive them.
(Romans 15:13)

Keep paddling!!💕

:D

This is lovely

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed. Having been on this site for years, I stumbled across it when I googled EK Jonathan’s paradise books, which then got me interested in the Thomas Walker novels too, then I started joining in the chat and I got to say it’s great to hear everyone’s opinions.

You know that convention (can’t remember the year but I remember it being at Norwich so it’s got to be 7(?)+ years ago) when we were told to talk about the paradise in detail, imagine ourselves there. I think it was a group of young ones on the platform talking about the paradise. Well, I can honestly say I’ve never seen so much detailed talk about our future life, all speculations of course, but I still LOVE those discussions and hearing all your ideas and thoughts. It’s so faith strengthening, and has helped during some tough times. So...

THANK YOU GUYS 👍

• 6 months later...

I am very thankful for Jehovah, the Org and for their being 8 million JWs. Including the ones here on JWTalk. 

Very grateful to have grown up with a parent who taught me the truth. And its teachings of a better life, a grave tomb is not the end all. A hope that we can carry on our sleeve. If Jehovah found reason that I didn't get to be in the new world myself, right now I can say I would still be happy for humankind. 

• 3 months later...

Yes I agree this is a great site. Everyone is  friendly, it feels safe and provides much  information. Being new in the Truth I just have to try to get more involved and not be nervous / shy with giving a comment. Thank you for all you do here for us. 💕