JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russian Persecution?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2572 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of the stupid is in the house of rejoicing. (Ecclesiastes 4:7)

Glad to know we're not the only ones that know about it. 

This article was written by Giles Fraser:

Having resigned from St Paul's Cathedral, Giles Fraser has taken up a job as an inner-city parish priest in Elephant and Castle, south London

This isn't the first religion story he's done, and in this article, he made a point of mentioning our literature as 'cringe-worthy'.

But take a look at the last line:

“My parents were exiled to Siberia,” said Yaroslav Sivulskiy, a spokesman for the Russian Jehovah’s Witnesses. “They worshipped even while they were in those camps. We will continue too.” Respect, I say.

The resolve of our brothers, even acceptance without compromise, is a witness in itself. Giles Fraser may not have had any interest, but now he knows something about JW's that he didn't know before, and it's something he respects. How many people who read the article can say the same now?

I read this story eariler, on my  fb feed. Good story! After reading I scrolled down and clicked on a highlighted article that said " Jehovahs witnesses. It opened up to some other topics about the witnesses. One was about child abuse cases. And basically said how the witnesses, are trying to hide the  formation about the abuse cases. . I was wondering, if  maybe it was an apostate site? Anyone else read any further then the above story?

Edited by bogartd

And the graphics are criminally cheesy.

I'm afraid I agree with that part. :o:D

This is our flagship piece of literature, I really feel the illustrations need an overhaul desperately.

Lovely article. By the way, part of it links to jw.org

(Also, I'd like to add I felt this article made it worthwhile for me to make a contribution)

Edited by ChocoBro

Wow! Birobidzhan became famous!:-)

Now you know when I live - mosquito-infested swampland. But in Russia we don't say we live in Siberia. We call our place the Far East. It is the official name of the region. We live farther from Moscow than the place JWs were exiled.

A lot of corruption in Russia too by governments. I saw a video on how Russian soldiers were fabricating evidence against the witnesses there breaking into the kingdom hall and planting it. It was caught on the kingdom hall security cameras inside.