JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1545 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

If the ban does happen after all, I don't know if the brothers will appeal or not. They might feel that this happened because Jehovah allowed it (which would be true).

Then again, the brothers just might appeal after all, just like Paul did with "I appeal to Caesar!" 

We'll just have to wait and see.

Either way, Jehovah is very much aware, but of course, of what's going on. 

But oh how humbling Jehovah was and is in allowing us to be a part of this!! For in reality he didn't need us to lift a hand! Truly, "there is no other God like you."

2 hours ago, Zebra555 said:

I don't think that we would support  B the G and start writing letters of support for them, would we?

The letters we just wrote will benefit all who wish to enjoy freedom of worship.  So, not directly, but indirectly.  Much like our Supreme Court victories in the US benefit people of all faiths.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

of course the Brothers would appeal, that would only serve to intensify the drama and the attention directed toward Russia - which they probably had no idea would be sooo hightened!

...   it's almost like Jehovah is calling them out - and all they will soon want to do is fold

should be exciting watching the crushing of all parties involved in the future (KotN, BtG, etc)

the greatest Biblical drama ever, now being played "LIVE" on the current World scene -  stay tuned, the best is yet to come!

Edited by timpin

11 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

I agree Tim - the best is yet to come, the next few weeks is going to be very interesting. 

...or very disappointing,  it all depends on Putin...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

16 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

...or very disappointing,  it all depends on Putin...

Nothing absolutely nothing depends on imperfect humans including Putin and so called powerful men.

Only what Jehovah allows to develop really counts. He is in perfect control and knows already the outcome of the ruling on 5th April 

Jehovah like in a game of chess will surprise his opposers in a final move "checkmate"

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Actually, it all depends on Jehovah! This is Jehovah's show, they're just actors having to go by the script. Yes, if Jehovah allows the ban, our Russian family will be taken care of. Yes, they'll be unseen by the world, but will always be seen by Jehovah.

A sister and I talked about this earlier today, and she feels that the friends, if the ban is a reality, won't be able to speak Jehovah's name. WHAT!!! 

I-DON'T-THINK-SO! Who says speaking Jehovah's name has to be in service only? Jehovah didn't train us in informal witnessing for nothing!  (And speaking of such, I have to do that more often. Though living in these states of the Americas, things can happen in less time it takes to blink an eye. The whole world lies in the power of the wicked one). 

I'm totally convinced and certain that whatever happens now with Russia is because Jehovah allowed it! And since that is so, nothing but good, eventually, will come of it even if Jehovah allows the ban. Yes, it'll be hard on the family, heartbreaking, etc. Yet, he promises that "For Jehovah will not forsake his people..." Heb. 94:14

I mean, frankly, I don't see the purpose of a ban...outside of the officials purpose. The only thing I can think of, so know, is that if our God allows it, then it has to be for a good purpose. To have his name declared. But wait. He's having his name declared now. But since we'll never know everything about Jehovah, we have to trust, completely trust, that Jehovah knows best, if he allows the ban.

Edited by Luezette

I agree that Jehovah can intervene WHEN IT IS IMPORTANT TO HIS PURPOSE.  But He does not control every vote in every government every day.  There are lots of decisions that go against us and it is not because Jehovah was weak that day.  In some countries in the last few decades (like Albania) it was illegal to have or discuss ANY religion.  Our brothers survived.  Look at some of the Muslim nations, look at China.  God will act on behalf of His people world-wide but only as it advances His purpose.  It would be unrealistic to believe He would only influence Putin but not Assad or Trump or any other ruler.

We will see His mighty hand but the Russian Court may find against us.  Even our FDS said it is "likely" or imminent".  So we do not mail letters to direct Jehovah's will or "force" His hand in matters. We mail letters to support our brothers whatever the outcome (and show obedience to the direction from the GB).  So we should not pounce to hard on Richard's comment.

42 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I agree that Jehovah can intervene WHEN IT IS IMPORTANT TO HIS PURPOSE.  But He does not control every vote in every government every day.  There are lots of decisions that go against us and it is not because Jehovah was weak that day.  In some countries in the last few decades (like Albania) it was illegal to have or discuss ANY religion.  Our brothers survived.  Look at some of the Muslim nations, look at China.  God will act on behalf of His people world-wide but only as it advances His purpose.  It would be unrealistic to believe He would only influence Putin but not Assad or Trump or any other ruler.

We will see His mighty hand but the Russian Court may find against us.  Even our FDS said it is "likely" or imminent".  So we do not mail letters to direct Jehovah's will or "force" His hand in matters. We mail letters to support our brothers whatever the outcome (and show obedience to the direction from the GB).  So we should not pounce to hard on Richard's comment.

I agree with this ... it could go either way ... of course we all want the ban to be lifted and our brothers and sisters set free ... this WILL happen, especially now Jehovah is maneovering his people,but it may NOT happen with this court case ... Jehovah may want to make his case MORE abundantly clear than we have already ... this will certainly though go some way to making Putin annoyed and against us even IF the court case goes in our favour, it won't mean Putin has given up. 

Just by way of analogy, I think our role in this is important and if we are to compare it with the Israelites there seemingly small acts of loyalty made a big difference to life and death ... that was putting the blood of the lamb above their doorposts ... we never know when something is asked of us becomes life and death ... so doing just so now ... whether this be the blood over the doorpost action or whether that be sometime in the near future ... we have done just so. 

I'm constantly scanning the internet for NEW news items. The other thing that has been brought out to me by a brother and i would like comments on this please ... is jw.org has a share button at the bottom of the page ... and we can share emails ... now all brothers who have email will probably have access to the site ... so whose emails are we to share this page with?  Interesting thought.

6 minutes ago, kejedo said:

I still use Turtle Wax on my car, but am willing to give it up if it is offensive to turtles or in any way damaging to a Tortuga.

Yeah I had to throw away my tortoiseshell comb too ... because I don't want that turtle hurt in any way (or any turtle).

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Just now, hatcheckgirl said:

I'm thinking the PO's that ran out of stamps would have reordered a whole batch, thinking the campaign will be ongoing. But since it stops yesterday/today, they won't see anyone buying their stamps on Monday. :(

Good point. The Amnesty International campaign that ended up in the Guiness book of records was over a period of a year not a few short weeks.  

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

I think we are all looking forward to some reaction from Putin about all the letters the Russian authorities will receive,  it will be disappointing if he doesn't acknowledge they exist. It will be disappointing if the news media ignores them too. Nevertheless, we have joy that we have done our assignment. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

35 minutes ago, Bjern said:

Just thinking because Russian Embassies were not on the list of addressees for the letter writing campaign.

Ok, however the brother had said the embassy was on their list so I didn't understand why they wouldn't flood it with letters. Don't forget that it appears the list of addresses may be different for different areas.

I understand your comment about not flooding embassies that aren't on any list...Thanks.

Edited by Tortuga

I counted that the instructions for the letter writing campaign is available in 67 languages. Wow, that's pretty impressive..

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Ok, however the brother had said the embassy was on their list so I didn't understand why they wouldn't flood it with letters. Don't forget that it appears the list of addresses may be different for different areas.

I understand your comment about not flooding embassies that aren't on any list...Thanks.

Ok, if it's on their list then that is fine.