JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1452 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

19 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

*WAVES to everyone .... have I got the time right? I'll be conveying updates to an elder in our cong and a few other friends who don't have internet.

8:00       Moscow, Povarskaya street. Fresh morning. Frozen fingers. More than 200 people at the entrance. Those in the beginning of the queue came by taxi by 5:30, but they were not the first: brothers in cars parked nearby already warmed themselves, coming to the court where the case of worship freedom in Russia is under consideration.

We had an excellent Memorial, the brother mentioned our Russian friends in his prayer, whatever the outcome of this case, we know the Russian authorities will like Satan, simply withdraw for another occassion but we also know that the sheep will continue to come in, Jehovah's name will be vindicated and  the world will take note.  This case has already achieved grand things.  Let us stand still and see what  Jehovah has chosen to do.

Edited by sunshine

8 minutes ago, Margaret said:

Where do you get the news from? 

Always jw-russia.org - through google translate Sister Margaret.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

ENGLISH

On April 12, 2017, at 10:00 am the lawyers of the religious organization will continue to give their explanations, as well as answer questions from the court and the representative of the Ministry of Justice. There is a report from the courtroom.

9:58   "I ask you all to stand!" The court announces the continuation of the hearing and to give explanations to speak lawyer Anton Omelchenko. Omelchenko said that his explanation will concern how the claim of Justice violated the provisions of the Constitution and international treaties.

10:12   Omelchenko loudly and convincingly proves that the action of the Justice Ministry in contravention of articles 9, 10, 11 of the European Convention, Articles 28, 29, 30 of the Russian Constitution and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights. He quotes from the judgments of the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR), in which an authoritative court establishes the right of Jehovah's Witnesses to freedom of religion. Something that requires the Ministry of Justice, is not justified and proportionate measure.

I really like our lawyers strategy as they are now going to show the Supreme Court how this attempted ban & liquidation by the Ministry of Justice is illegal and unethical, as not only does this go against the foundation of Russian beliefs, the Constitution of Russia, but also this goes against international laws and signed treaties!

Now the Supreme Court will have to consider if it is worth it to criminalize Jehovah's Witnesses, because if they do so, they will be making a ruling against their own constitution as well as causing friction and problems with the international community

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)