JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Letters to Russia: False report

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2700 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I know this thread is supposed to be dedicated to false reports related to the "Letters to Russia," but is there no true media coverage or reports regarding the letters at all? Seems like someone is trying to ignore or cover up the elephant in the room. The only thing I've read on this forum is an unconfirmed report that the government officials, to whom the letters were addressed, have refused delivery and that the letters are being held in storage in a Moscow postal warehouse.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

We've been searching for some indication Russia has received the letters and the only thing we have is one report that someone received a reply.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

You know how we all can be safe and make sure we never forward anything that is false?  Don't forward anything.  I know that seems simple and an obvious point.  But even if, and these days that's a big if we can confirm something, again I can't help to think what was in the watchtower a few weeks back when it asked "do we always have to be the first one to forward information?  I can't help but to imagine some of the brothers back in New York are really having a hard time not wanting to say more than has already been said on the subject of social media.  I suppose though we might see in the future more pointed and direct counsel on this subject. 

Just now, The Deej said:

You know how we all can be safe and make sure we never forward anything that is false?  Don't forward anything.  I know that seems simple and an obvious point.  But even if, and these days that's a big if we can confirm something, again I can't help to think what was in the watchtower a few weeks back when it asked "do we always have to be the first one to forward information?  I can't help but to imagine some of the brothers back in New York are really having a hard time not wanting to say more than has already been said on the subject of social media.  I suppose though we might see in the future more pointed and direct counsel on this subject. 

:thumbsup:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Could the mail room of boxed letters have just been a reference picture used to  get a point across of the massive amount of letters being mailed out?  I saw a HUGE argument once where someone on a recipe blog I frequented posted a photo of a dish she had made for her family the night before.  She did not claim to have made the dish that was pictured but simply stated something like ' this is what we had for dinner last night'. And she posted the recipe from her cook book.  Many replied that it looked delicious and they could not wait to try it.   A few cruelly slammed her stating that it was a professional photo and you could tell it was a staged photo.  I guess I could see how some may have misunderstood and thought she was posting a dish she had made but in actuality that was not what she claimed.  Innocent misunderstanding but a few chose to be malichious and hurtful and make a drama out of nothing. 

Could this not have been the same?

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

5 minutes ago, LeslieDean said:

Could the mail room of boxed letters have just been a reference picture used to  get a point across of the massive amount of letters being mailed out?

Not according to the text with the picture. The text claimed the picture was taken by a sister in Russia. It was not...

12 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Not according to the text with the picture. The text claimed the picture was taken by a sister in Russia. It was not...

The photo was taken years ago to show the impact Netflix had on the US Poatal service. The red and white envelopes are easily recognizable. (Most of our campaign envelopes would be business white.) I saw this  years ago but am unable to locate it currently

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

3 minutes ago, Old said:

The photo was taken years ago to show the impact Netflix had on the US Poatal service. The red and white envelopes are easily recognizable. (Most of our campaign envelopes would be business white.) I saw this  years ago but am unable to locate it currently

If you follow the link provided earlier about the 8 year old burn victims Christmas cards, it is the 3rd image in the article.

I would say that....................... Probably the Turtle. 

The picture he cites looks very similar though most of the pictures with the 8 year old burn victim have a variety of envelopes and packages.

:(

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 3/29/2017 at 1:37 PM, Tortuga said:

58db8425e226d_FakePics.jpg.51a0bfa19f7176c5ea2c5621c895f04d.jpg

It looks like the same picture....

58e81c246ba6e_TimesUnion.JPG.7f820a42a3fcc9dbc46a8e754e0e1a98.JPG

13 minutes ago, Old said:

I would say that....................... Probably the Turtle. 

The picture he cites looks very similar though most of the pictures with the 8 year old burn victim have a variety of envelopes and packages.

:(

In all modesty...the information was provided by Bro Walker..:)

1 hour ago, LeslieDean said:

Could the mail room of boxed letters have just been a reference picture used to  get a point across of the massive amount of letters being mailed out?

It is interesting that if the original poster had changed the second sentence from "This is only a fraction of the letters that have gone out to Russia" to "This is what the Post Office in Russia will look like" or "This is only a fraction of what the letters that have gone out to Russia will look like"

I would have understood and liked her message...

I couldn't find the above picture where I thought I had seen it, some slightly similar, but definetly not the same. Netflix for the most part had a tiny white band on the top the envelope of which I see few if any in that picture.

2 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

In all modesty...the information was provided by Bro Walker..:)

Got the message. :lol:

Up until now I was only knowingly wrong once and that turned out to be a mistake.  Please don't let my wife know.

Just now, Old said:

Up until now I was only knowingly wrong once and that turned out to be a mistake.  Please don't let my wife know.

April 7th 2017. Got it...

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Correction: the text does not say the sister in Russia took the picture, it says she sent it..

Correction: the text does not say the sister in Russia took the picture, it says she sent it..

But to be fair on you, dear Turt,  when you read the text, although it does not actually say she took it, the implication that they could be our letters is there in the way it is worded.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

On Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 9:51 AM, DancesWithWife said:

Have you seen this site and it is different than jw.org because that site is banned.https://jw-russia.org/news/17032811-115.html

That page doesn't open anymore. Wasn't that the article that had pictures of letters?

That page doesn't open anymore. Wasn't that the article that had pictures of letters?

Interesting, the regular link jw-russia.org works, possibly the brothers removed the information for some reasons

"Laughter cannot mask a heavy heart. When the laughter ends, the grief remains."-Proverbs 14:13 Living Bible Translation

On 4/7/2017 at 5:34 PM, The Deej said:

Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  For emphasis sake for reminding me..me..me!!!:uhhuh:

Just saw this on Instagram. Id say this was very much fake news. I just don't understand why people make this stuff up in the first place...or why people are so willing to believe very un-official looking things like this! 

Screenshot_20170414-082158~2.png

Edited by Peanuts

Trying to remove a screen print with someone's name in it!

Just saw this on Instagram. Id say this was very much fake news. I just don't understand why people make this stuff up in the first place...or why people are so willing to believe very un-official looking things like this! 

58f07ab902fc4_Screenshot_20170414-0821582.thumb.png.af5a6ca1382cba3bb0bcf75941dd75b2.png

That is widespread and wrong, and seems to have originated with an apostate site. A simple search at guinnessworldrecords.com makes that clear.

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

5 hours ago, Peanuts said:

Screenshot_20170414-082158~2.png

It seems someone looked at one of my comments....:angry: