JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Shooter in Las Vegas

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2081 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

8 hours ago, Jothob said:

Thank you for this update...that's also one of my favourite songs!

I bet it was a very emotional day for all. Our dear sister will awaken soon in a world with no violence. What a great hope we have.....

I hate to say it, but Jehovah has used this attack in a wonderful way to sanctify his name and point out the Kingdom hope. The Boston Globe reaches a great deal of people and has a good reputation (as far as I know)

I wonder how her family see that, and how she will see that when she hears it.

• 9 months later...
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Are the victims also suing The Mandalay Bay hotel, I wonder....

Probably, and I think that the resort is trying to counteract that. The article says they are 'judge shopping' so I assume that mean they are preemptively looking for a judge that wont automatically rule in the victims favor.  It's a tough position for the resort. If they do nothing, it may cost millions for something they aren't responsible for. If they fight back, it's a PR nightmare...

You know that Mandalay Bay has a huge shark exhibit, I assume the lawyers in Las Vegas go there just to hang out....

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Well, 2 Timothy 3:1-3, "But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement,. . ." and, how true that is  - In a situation like this 

When you look at it for what it is, the man who did th shooting was the bad guy. The ones shot were victims as was the hotel. Instead, the victims want to make the bad guy and the hotel is now painting the victims as bad guys ..... they truly are "not open to agreement". They all want something for themselves at the others expense instead of placing the fault on the guy who did the shooting.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~