JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

53 minutes ago, nicolette said:

When you re-installed JW Library, were you able to find your save Personal Study notes ? 

I had just purchased this used laptop

so it was a new install.  

All my study notes are on my phone and tablet.

Sorry to hear you lost all your personal

study stuff. :(

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

On 4/9/2020 at 5:24 PM, Friends just call me Ross said:

I was super excited to see the additional highlight colors...until I discovered

that they cannot be erased. :( Since the last update, the trash can feature no

longer functions on my Motorola Droid MaxxII phone. :( 

So, I guess that means I will have to get it right the first time. :D

Did you ever get the "trashcan" back to delete colors?  It works on all my apple Ipad & Iphone devices.

Just now, jwhess said:

Did you ever get the "trashcan" back to delete colors?  It works on all my apple Ipad & Iphone devices.

Trashcan works on my windows, Amazon and android devices. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

39 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I hasn't been working on my Motorola Droid MaxxII for the past two weeks,

but, when I tried it just now, it worked. :D 

Thanks for askin'. :D 

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

14 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

so it was a new install.  

You can send the backup from your phone to your PC by emailing the back to yourself. I know that sounds change but i works. 

My iPhone, iPad and PC all have the same notes and highlights.

33 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

You can send the backup from your phone to your PC by emailing the back to yourself. I know that sounds change but i works. 

My iPhone, iPad and PC all have the same notes and highlights.

You can sync several devices with JWMerge, it will combine your back up files and create a single back up file that you can download to each device.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 4/17/2020 at 8:43 AM, Friends just call me Ross said:

so it was a new install.  

It’s ok. Other things out there can be more depressing. Lesson learned.❤️

Up to now I have been relying on Watchtower Library to study my Watchtower and CBS. But more recently I installed the JW Library app (Windows version) and have been trying it out. The problem seems to be the same as the one I used to have on my Android tablet (I don't have the tablet anymore), in that some time after JW Library finishes its search for updated publications, it abruptly closes with no explanation. This happens even if I'm in the middle of reading something, such as the Daily Text. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this an ongoing issue?

(I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling JW Library.)

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

Up to now I have been relying on Watchtower Library to study my Watchtower and CBS. But more recently I installed the JW Library app (Windows version) and have been trying it out. The problem seems to be the same as the one I used to have on my Android tablet (I don't have the tablet anymore), in that some time after JW Library finishes its search for updated publications, it abruptly closes with no explanation. This happens even if I'm in the middle of reading something, such as the Daily Text. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this an ongoing issue?

(I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling JW Library.)

It is a well-known "feature" and cannot be eliminated on some systems. Start the update and only work when it is completely finished. If there is a crash in between, start the update again. Do not work with the library until the update has been successful.

On 4/13/2020 at 1:45 PM, Friends just call me Ross said:

Sorry if this has been asked before,

and if it is not in the correct thread.

I have spent the last two days trying to resolve this problem but, despite all

my efforts, I cannot fix this problem.

I cannot download any video or audio files onto my JWLibrary running on the latest version of Windows 10 because it will not allow me to choose a location for these files.

No download location available.

Screenshot_20200413_133731.thumb.jpg.6145864c2c9e60f0739b659c6fe2e2cc.jpg

I put JWLibrary on my phone and tablet and never had this problem.

New update a few minutes ago.

On winndows 10 surface

image.thumb.png.093edf905194e6e188ef1bdbb8865298.png

image.png.2312e15cbe4ac7390fe1c6320c377a42.png

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

25 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Even with this new update, I still don't have a place to download videos or audio files... :depressed:

Brother Eric, just create a folder labeled JWLibrary and stick it in your device's MUSIC folder.

Create a folder labeled JWLibrary and stick it in your device's VIDEO folder.

That was the advice I was told to follow and it worked!  (At least, on my laptop it worked. :D )

Brother Manfred knew exactly what to do to fix my laptop's problem:

49 minutes ago, AH173 said:

On winndows 10 surface

I am soooooooooooooooooooo glad posted this, Brother Ashley. :D 

Brother Manfred had already figured that out. :D 

25 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Brother Eric, just create a folder labeled JWLibrary and stick it in your device's MUSIC folder.

Create a folder labeled JWLibrary and stick it in your device's VIDEO folder.

That was the advice I was told to follow and it worked!  (At least, on my laptop it worked. :D )

Oh my, Rosanne. All our fellow-JWTalkers really helped out! It worked! :ecstatic:

I've just got internet access and wifi again and I don't know if my pc computer will update on jw.org library and other things. It has updated on some things but I don't know what they were. It's been over a year since I had internet other than on my phone. That's why I am not sure if it will update itself on everything. Didn't windows update last year?  I'm still on windows 10. And do I have to update on virus protection, I'm with the same company but unsure about that part of protection. Please, and thanks for your input. 

Edited by Life4u

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

4 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

Moses, Aaron  and Miriam all have Aussie accents.

Our son just said in an Aussie accent, “Not another bush fire!”

He’s so quick!

Edited by ChrisC

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

10 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

Moses, Aaron  and Miriam all have Aussie accents.

Yes, you're right! I guess an Aussie accent in Egypt is not all that unusual.

I find this curious. Brother Jackson did the reading of Genesis. And I thought that since Moses wrote Genesis and Exodus, maybe Brother Jackson would be doing the reading of Exodus also. Well, that part played out right. But besides that, it's Brother Jackson doing the reading of the parts where Moses speaks!

I guess this means Brother Jackson will be doing the reading all the way to the end of Deuteronomy (at least up to 34:4).

Maybe I'm an old-timer, but I personally think the brother doing the voice of Pharaoh just doesn't measure up. He does well, but I think Brother Dan Sydlik was a classic doing that.

On 4/21/2020 at 9:01 PM, AH173 said:

On winndows 10 surface

Well, the above update used to work fine. But now it's gone back to telling me there's nowhere to download audio and video files to (unless I have my external hard drive connected).

11.5_154.JPG.59b9a70af6662d6c3ee7d1246ffdfeb3.JPG

Is anyone else having this experience?

Edited by Sheep