JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Having a problem with my online library when I choose the index for 1986 to 2019 and then I choose either subject index or scripture index it gives me a little pop up that says sorry the document does not exist in English pub location 1950 to 2020 and that's in a little brown box in the top portion of my screen I'm using an Android phone I've tried updating and nothing helps

35 minutes ago, Todd komaniak said:

Having a problem with my online library when I choose the index for 1986 to 2019 and then I choose either subject index or scripture index it gives me a little pop up that says sorry the document does not exist in English pub location 1950 to 2020 and that's in a little brown box in the top portion of my screen I'm using an Android phone I've tried updating and nothing helps

I'm a little confused here...

Are you talking about the JWL JWLIBRARY app, the WOL Watchtower Online Library or the WTL Watchtower Library? 

Edited by Bro Richard
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Todd komaniak said:

Is this the index we are discussing?

index1.JPG

16 hours ago, Todd komaniak said:

Br. Todd, the 1986-2019 Index is a publication that is only available in WT Library-DVD(for Windows) or as a 2001-2015 Index PDF download from JW.ORG...in any case it is not available for use on an Android phone with JW Library app (as a jwpub file). So I am not sure what you are doing or why it is not working...sorry.

pub.JPG

Edited by jwhess

51 minutes ago, Todd komaniak said:

This is a screenshot of what I get when I chewed scriptural index in the online library

Screenshot_2019-11-28-17-35-59.png

I understand now, you are streaming the WOL and choosing Publication Index from JW.ORG.

Since you have this page showing, you must be connected (internet, wifi, etc).  Do any of the other menu tabs work?  Such as, the Bible or one of the Watchtowers?  When you select one of them, do they open normally or do you get the "brown Box" with them also?

I tried my Android phone.  It is an LG 7 ThinQ with Android 8.  My system works OK when I am online.  The entire screen goes blank with an internet message when I am disconnected from the Internet and WOL.JW.ORG

This is a screenshot of what I get when I chewed scriptural index in the online library
Screenshot_2019-11-28-17-35-59.thumb.png.67315fbabb2612b316034c448e61f178.png

Are you clicking a link in wol and it then says the publication doesn’t exist? Try clearing your cache.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 12/5/2019 at 3:15 AM, Bro Richard said:

1208916868_Screenshot_20191204-161320_GooglePlayStore.thumb.jpg.d3f89257a0a76c301437ff372ace9995.jpg

I updated my JW Library with this latest update, but still my problem persists. Hasn't been solved with this update. The "Frequently Used" section won't open. And the publications section is still not opening. Each time I try to open the app closed altogether.  So frustrating.

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

6 hours ago, Maris said:

I updated my JW Library with this latest update, but still my problem persists. Hasn't been solved with this update. The "Frequently Used" section won't open. And the publications section is still not opening. Each time I try to open the app closed altogether.  So frustrating.

Could you remind me of your type of device (iphone, Samsung tablet, Surface Pro or whatever).  And what Operating System does it run (Android 8, Windows 10 or IpadOS 13, etc)?  Thank you for the information.

2 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

Just noticed all but 1982-1999 Awakes added to WTL! Waiting eagerly for Watchtowers and Index!!!:loopy: 

We know that you meant JWL, not WTL. 👍🏻

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Something I would like to see "improved" if there is a way ... 

What I am talking about is scrolling in the Windows version of JWL on my PC. When I position my mouse over the page and try to scroll down, it will start to scroll ... but, as soon as one of the "selection strips" goes under the mouse, the scroll down stops and the selection strip scrolls to the left. In order to keep it scrolling down I have to keep moving the mouse down the screen each time it reaches one of the selection strips - or, I have to move the mouse to the very narrow scroll bar on the right side of the screen.

I do not have that problem on my phone or tablet since they are touch screens - my PC is not a touch screen and I scroll with the mouse.

I'm not sure just how it would be done - I don't have the answer ... but a solution would be nice.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Yes, it functions just fine ... it is just a rather small target to hit - especially since it goes away when the mouse is not over it (I am referring to the home screen - it scrolls just fine inside the publications)

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 minute ago, Qapla said:

Yes, it functions just fine ... it is just a rather small target to hit - especially since it goes away when the mouse is not over it (I am referring to the home screen - it scrolls just fine inside the publications)

Yeah, same here.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 11/6/2019 at 2:06 PM, Bro Richard said:

That's why I wonder if JWL will get the older Watchtowers. 

The older Watchtowers have arrived..:thumbsup: