JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

I just updated my android to v12.0. The features are really good at what they say😄. The space consumed by the app is now decreased by at least 800 mb. Very happy for the newly freed space. Can download videos in higher quality 😅😅

Edited by BrotherJay

I've just tried to update my Windows Library on my laptop twice. Each time after the download, it says that another version of WT Library is running and it cannot update.  :(  There is no other version running.  What can I do?

1 hour ago, Hope said:

I've just tried to update my Windows Library on my laptop twice. Each time after the download, it says that another version of WT Library is running and it cannot update.  :(  There is no other version running.  What can I do?

Sr. Hope, are you talking about the DVD Watchtower Library on Windows or the JW Library app?  The description you gave of the error is usually connected with the Watchtower Library...

I've just tried to update my Windows Library on my laptop twice. Each time after the download, it says that another version of WT Library is running and it cannot update.    There is no other version running.  What can I do?

The update is for JW Library, not WT Library. Windows Library is something else entirely.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

4 hours ago, Hope said:

See Theme Watchtower Library on DVD last page.

Edited by The German

8 hours ago, Hope said:

https://jwtalk.net/topic/45323-update-watchtower-cd/?do=findComment&comment=736875

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

15 minutes ago, jwhess said:

My Android device finally updated to the version 12 like all of my other systems...👍

It's a very small update but it frees up a lot of space. I gained almost 1 GB of space on one of my devices.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 hours ago, jwhess said:

Sr. Hope, are you talking about the DVD Watchtower Library on Windows or the JW Library app?  The description you gave of the error is usually connected with the Watchtower Library...

Yes, the DVD WT Library on Windows. After meeting since my laptop was open, I decided to check to see if any updates were available. There was, I did the usual and got that message.  :(

But I think @Mephibosheth has provided a help for me... I'll try it later!  Thank you! 🤗

I was looking forward to this :

And it works nice! 

Jw library update.jpg

Bible verse example.jpg

Edited by AH173

update

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Hi everyone, for some reason, even after installing the latest update, I do not have the ‘play’ function in my app....neither for the Bible nor for the publications. I cannot play a whole chapter, let alone a specific verse. Only 

What am I not doing right? Appreciate any and all help. I have updated the Study Bible but still don’t have that feature to play audio.

E524639E-9BC7-4A12-90A5-C185D6B7BA6D.jpeg

What is your Version number?

I did not have this option until Version 12.0.98 (72482) [Windows] and Version 12.0 (72581) [Android]

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

5 hours ago, Skye said:

Hi everyone, for some reason, even after installing the latest update, I do not have the ‘play’ function in my app....neither for the Bible nor for the publications. I cannot play a whole chapter, let alone a specific verse. Only 

What am I not doing right? Appreciate any and all help. I have updated the Study Bible but still don’t have that feature to play audio.

E524639E-9BC7-4A12-90A5-C185D6B7BA6D.jpeg

Do you have the audio downloaded, or are you connected to the internet?

It seems the issue is with her ios software (apple). Can anybody help her with that type of device. It seems the helpful ones have windows-pc and android devices from the pictures shown.

I do not own an apple device.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

The JW Library version should be 12.0. After updating you might have to restart the app or alternatively the entire iPad. If you plan to stream items, make sure that stream offline mode is deselected in settings, and that cellular stream is enabled, should you wish to stream over cellular rather than WiFi.

The play function will first try to play your downloaded files, and then stream from our servers. The play button will appear when the app can sense that a media file is accessible.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

7 hours ago, Qapla said:

What is your Version number?

I did not have this option until Version 12.0.98 (72482) [Windows] and Version 12.0 (72581) [Android]

iOS 13.5.1 and JW Library 12.0 (72496)

Edited by Skye

On 7/10/2020 at 1:09 PM, AH173 said:

I was looking forward to this :

And it works nice! 

Jw library update.jpg

Bible verse example.jpg

I am going over the meeting Bible reading for midweek meeting and now (similar to wol.jw.org) the text changes to black as the other verses stay gray as the reading occurs. 

So Cool!!!:bouncing:

1 minute ago, Skye said:

How do I download the audio?  Yes I am connected to the internet.

On Android, a headphone icon appears where we can choose between downloading and playing the audio. Or, alternatively you could go to the Bible home page and select download media. 

But, that's for my Android I am iOS illiterate 😂

1 hour ago, AH173 said:

It seems the issue is with her ios software (apple). Can anybody help her with that type of device. It seems the helpful ones have windows-pc and android devices from the pictures shown.

I do not own an apple device.

51 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

The JW Library version should be 12.0. After updating you might have to restart the app or alternatively the entire iPad. If you plan to stream items, make sure that stream offline mode is deselected in settings, and that cellular stream is enabled, should you wish to stream over cellular rather than WiFi.

The play function will first try to play your downloaded files, and then stream from our servers. The play button will appear when the app can sense that a media file is accessible.

5 minutes ago, BrotherJay said:

On Android, a headphone icon appears where we can choose between downloading and playing the audio. Or, alternatively you could go to the Bible home page and select download media. 

But, that's for my Android I am iOS illiterate 😂

It seems that Sis, Skye needs those with IOS knowledge like Bro Johan's assistance because it seems that he is familiar with IOS platform.

on the Bible tab of JWLibrary, you probably have the 2013 translation or the Study Bible on view. Go to the cloud icon top right for downloads and it will check what audio files are available on you iPad or in the cloud. You can then choose to download the audio files or the video files.

It may stop during this process but if so just do it again and it will continue from where it stopped.  Finally there will be files in the cloud and all available on your device.

I hope this helps.