JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

How can it be in your favorites when it prompts you to add to favorites?

When I click on the three dots in the upper right-hand corner, I get these prompts:

(picture removed)

Maybe you should add it again and then see if you can delete it?

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

(picture removed)

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

"Maybe you should add it again and then see if you can delete it?"

Of course I tried to do this also, and when I tap "add to favorite" then I see 2 the same icons of publication.

Then in 3 dots the option Remove from Favorites show's up. When I removed, the one icon of this publication still there..

Screenshot_20201006-212501.jpg

That's odd. Have you used JWMerge to sync your JWL settings with another device?

I had the same problem that you do and it eventually went away by itself, I thought JWMERGE caused it but I'm not sure.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

JWMerge? I've never used this.

When I saw this problem first time, I thought this added item is from Catalog date, and it'll be fixed. But not. When I installed "new" JW Library, Favorite section is clear and empty of course. The problem is when I restore a backup - extra position still there.. Looks like permanent position in Favorite section. On my iPad and Surface pro is the same problem with this backup file.

I also tried to open the backup file in other app like SQLite Database Editor, and removed "manually" this extra item, but can't find "Favorite section".

Other ways also I tried (switch items in section and removed).

But thank you for asking. I see that I'm not alone 😔

2 hours ago, Margaret said:

Go to the publications section

find the publication 

IF it has a star on it then it is a favorite

but if the cloud is there it means you still have to download it

Yes, I tried in that way. Its not the problem to download or delete item, from Publications section also (By type / or Downloaded).

With cloud or not (depending on if downloaded or not) is still in Favorites section on the homepage..

I removed all other items from Favorites to check, but this one is still there.

21 minutes ago, Piotr Gonczar said:

Yes, I tried in that way. Its not the problem to download or delete item, from Publications section also (By type / or Downloaded).

With cloud or not (depending on if downloaded or not) is still in Favorites section on the homepage..

I removed all other items from Favorites to check, but this one is still there.

I will say I had the same problem a while back - two or three publications - nothing worked. Then they were gone. I assumed from an update or fix. Maybe you'll just have to wait? 

14 hours ago, Piotr Gonczar said:

JWMerge? I've never used this.

When I saw this problem first time, I thought this added item is from Catalog date, and it'll be fixed. But not. When I installed "new" JW Library, Favorite section is clear and empty of course. The problem is when I restore a backup - extra position still there.. Looks like permanent position in Favorite section. On my iPad and Surface pro is the same problem with this backup file.

I also tried to open the backup file in other app like SQLite Database Editor, and removed "manually" this extra item, but can't find "Favorite section".

Other ways also I tried (switch items in section and removed).

But thank you for asking. I see that I'm not alone 😔

Favorites are usually found in the TagMap table where TagId refers to the entry in the Tag table with the name "Favorite" and LocationId refers to the entry in the Location table with the favorited item's details. Make sure you have a copy of your backup before editing it.

If you'd like to PM me a backup file I could look into it. 

On 10/7/2020 at 3:05 PM, Trey said:

Favorites are usually found in the TagMap table where TagId refers to the entry in the Tag table with the name "Favorite" and LocationId refers to the entry in the Location table with the favorited item's details. Make sure you have a copy of your backup before editing it.

If you'd like to PM me a backup file I could look into it. 

Ok, I will text you.

Thanks

Just noticed it on my pc also.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Also update on Ipad and Iphone.  It says we can "share" from JW Library (not just JW.ORG) and you can share a paragraph (not just and article).

True, and the recipient can now open the link in JW Library.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

17 hours ago, Hinata said:

This is such a nice update. I hope I may use the full extent of the share feature.

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&prefer=lang&bible=58010024&pub=nwtsty

58 010 024

I’ve cracked the code! 😁

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

That particular code is simple. 58th Bible book, 10th chapter, 24th verse.

Simple is my middle name.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

1 hour ago, pholmes38 said:

I notice that since I updated this morning, that every one of the 2020 study WTs has update

Mine only updated the ones from September to December.

PS: Does anyone know why they were updated?

Edited by Sheep

Added a PS