JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

5 minutes ago, jwhess said:

So all of our JW Library apps are now in version 12.3.1

Windows  12.3.109 (91183)

Apple IOS 12.3.1

Android    12.3.1 (91192)

So there is UNITY in mobile devices!? 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

5 hours ago, Dandelion said:

I don't know if this is new or if I just haven't noticed it before.  On the Android update there are now two views which you can change between in the Study Bible's Outline of Contents, and when you swipe left and right it goes to the previous or next book of the Bible.

Outline of Contents.PNG

That's not new, been like that for a while.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

5 hours ago, jwhess said:

So all of our JW Library apps are now in version 12.3.1

Windows  12.3.109 (91183)

Apple IOS 12.3.1

Android    12.3.1 (91192)

My Android just says 12.3 and my Windows says 12.3.106 (and my Mac is 0.0.0 😁). Is there a way to manually get it to search for an update? My Study Bible has not updated yet to include the new study notes.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

My Android just says 12.3 and my Windows says 12.3.106 (and my Mac is 0.0.0 😁). Is there a way to manually get it to search for an update? My Study Bible has not updated yet to include the new study notes.

Not all devices update at the same time.  Sometimes my wife's tablet updates a day later than mine.  For your windows device, did you go to the Windows Store icon and check to see if there is an update waiting?

Go to the "Store" and click to open

Click on the "three dots" in the upper right corner

Click on the blue box marked "Check"

it will turn gray and when it is done checking, any new updates will list at the top.

For your Android device, open the "PlayStore" icon

Click on the "three bars" in the upper left corner

Click on the first item "My Apps & Games"

It will list any updates waiting or show what has been updated recently

Edited by jwhess

8 hours ago, ROA said:

You can use the Tags feature to get around this. Add a note to a scripture, then add a tag and voila! You can add as many notes as you want & more importantly, keep them organized so you can find them easily. They are grouped in “personal study”

I have been using that feature for a long time. Unfortunately my slight OCD/extremist bent resulted in about 160 tags. It’s nice to be able to just look at my bookmarks and see a list of scriptures that I happened to love when I read them. It’s like a list of long-loved friends that remind me of certain things even if my mind wasn’t thinking about anything along those lines. 

But you gave me a great idea - I’ll name one of my tags “bookmarks” and just look at that! 

I know I’m strange; I just sometimes need a little “jump” to my thinking process by seeing a bookmarked scripture instead of thinking which tag to look at....

On 1/22/2021 at 2:56 PM, AH173 said:

Php 2:6 study note really shuts trinity DOWN! (seizure) 

Yap. Although the problem seem to be on the placement of "not", not just "seizure" .

The verse is kind of loose to two different interpretations at least for imperfect people like us. They can still have there way with their flawed interpretation.

On 1/22/2021 at 8:23 AM, AH173 said:

Wow, philippians 1:1 shows I got a promotion I think. Study note shows some are assistants! YAY. 😎

I noticed that too. However, in the French NWT the term for "ministerial servant" was changed to "ministerial assistant" back in 1995! (A new French Bible was released at the convention that year.)

9 hours ago, Sheep said:

I noticed that too. However, in the French NWT the term for "ministerial servant" was changed to "ministerial assistant" back in 1995! (A new French Bible was released at the convention that year.)

Yes and now since 2018 we only say “assistant” but you can find “ministerial assistant” in footnotes.

Edited by Romain

Hey guys- I'm having a problem.  I just bought my Mom a new Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.4" tablet. It's nice 😊

However, I'm trying to load this up with everything to make it as "Mom proof" as possible.. and the JW Library app is not looking right (photo below).

As it stands, it looks like I'll have to think of every possible piece of literature and download it, rather than choosing from the Library (the one WT is one I manuallyselected) . I downloaded the Toolbox, songbook, Bibles.. but as you can see from the pix, What’s New and the full list of Publications is not here.

What do you think? Has anyone experienced this? I've installed this Library on probably 10 devices since it's been out but I've never seen this before- please, can you help me?  😢

20210125_212307.jpg

20210125_212639.jpg

28 minutes ago, Hope said:

Hey guys- I'm having a problem.  I just bought my Mom a new Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.4" tablet. It's nice 😊

I’ve seen this problem quite a few times. It happens when you install JW Library on a new device afresh. Apparently, it takes some time for it to load the list of publications from jw.org. Try waiting some times to see if it helps.

2 hours ago, Hinata said:

I’ve seen this problem quite a few times. It happens when you install JW Library on a new device afresh. Apparently, it takes some time for it to load the list of publications from jw.org. Try waiting some times to see if it helps.

That was exactly the problem!  All is well now! 😊

5 hours ago, Hope said:

That was exactly the problem!  All is well now! 😊

How long did it take?

One glass of wine or two?

😁👍

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

9 hours ago, Tortuga said:

How long did it take?

One glass of wine or two?

😁👍

I WISH I had wine... :P. It took a 45 min conversation with my mother.  She was excited last night but today she is mad at me because she can't keep straight where her text messages show up.  I'm trying to hook her tablet up under her name and the two-step verification requires entering a code sent to her text messaging.  She keeps replying to the text - even though I'm telling her it's not FROM me, it's from the account... then she's mad I'm not receiving it... and she says forget the whole thing, this is stupid, she doesn't have the patience, etc...

I told her today to stop saying that because it's hurting my feelings and she doesn't need the patience, I do.  I'm hoping SHE has wine before I call her back in about an hour or so to try and finish this mess up.  What is it they say about, "no good deed..."?  :( 

2 hours ago, Hope said:

I WISH I had wine... :P. It took a 45 min conversation with my mother.  She was excited last night but today she is mad at me because she can't keep straight where her text messages show up.  I'm trying to hook her tablet up under her name and the two-step verification requires entering a code sent to her text messaging.  She keeps replying to the text - even though I'm telling her it's not FROM me, it's from the account... then she's mad I'm not receiving it... and she says forget the whole thing, this is stupid, she doesn't have the patience, etc...

I told her today to stop saying that because it's hurting my feelings and she doesn't need the patience, I do.  I'm hoping SHE has wine before I call her back in about an hour or so to try and finish this mess up.  What is it they say about, "no good deed..."?  :( 

I turned the dual authentication off.

According to the February announcements,  an updated version of JW Library has been released that will add features specifically for the Enjoy Life Forever! publications.
Do they mean the current version 12.3, or are we to expect a new one (maybe version 13)?
Perhaps the delay in the publications in jwpub has a relation with the capacity of the program to visualize them. Maybe other update is necesary...

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 9S mediante Tapatalk

The announcement seems to be open-ended.  Get updated now and check regularly in the days to come.  This may have to be a regular reminder by Field Service Group overseers.  I try to remind publishers when they join the group.  Since many do not check to see if their Bible updated in JW Library, they don't check to see if any media has been added to their Bible, they are not updating their Zoom apps and so on, I believe there will be a lack of updating in some publisher's JW Library app as well.  Here is the part of the S-147 announcement for this MidWeek Meeting.

2. JW Library Updates: An updated version of JW Library has been released that will add features specifically for the Enjoy Life Forever! publications. All publishers are encouraged to make good use of the electronic copies of these publications when they become available. Since the JW Library app is updated frequently, please be sure that you have the latest version of JW Library prior to downloading the new book or brochure. This may involve regularly checking the app store for updates or turning on automatic updates for this app on your device.

15 hours ago, On the huh said:

According to the February announcements,  an updated version of JW Library has been released that will add features specifically for the Enjoy Life Forever! publications.

Do they mean the current version 12.3, or are we to expect a new one (maybe version 13)?

On my iPhone I have 12.3.1

I just had JW Library update this afternoon (Friday 2-5-2021).

Windows 10 - version 5.3.114 (92319)

Apple IOS      - version 5.3.2

Android          - no update yet on my phone

We had an announcement this week at our Mid Week Meeting to keep updating the Library as it advances.

2 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I just had JW Library update this afternoon (Friday 2-5-2021).

Windows 10 - version 5.3.114 (92319)

Apple IOS      - version 5.3.2

We had an announcement this week at our Mid Week Meeting to keep updating the Library as it advances.

Those look like Zoom update numbers..?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

21 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Those look like Zoom update numbers..?

My zoom updated and my Chrome updated and my JW Library updated at the same time.  I got the notes confused.  They are just mixed up numbers (parts of each).  The first number should be "12".  Sorry...🙄

Windows 10 - version 12.3.114 (92319)

Apple IOS      - version 12.3.2

Chrome has updated to an "88" series number (not 87)

42 minutes ago, Margaret said:

Mine says apple 12.3.1 downloaded around midnight today

I wonder how long before the new publication is out

I just updated an hour ago.  I have included a camera shot of the update so you can see version number and date.  This is my Iphone XS max

EDIT:  My android phone (LG ThinQ) shows the version of 12.3.1 (91192)

20210205_154439_Burst01.jpg

Edited by jwhess