JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

On 2/16/2021 at 2:26 PM, LRJW said:

We use a "virtual information board" on padlet.com.  You can upload that month's announcements to the congregation, the mid-week and weekend meeting assignments, and schedule for field service.  Really, you can post anything on there.  Then just share the link to the publishers (not everyone in our congregation has Whatsapp).  We are careful, however, to never put personal information such as addresses, phone numbers, etc., just in case. 

We do the same. Without quoting directly elders instructions say we can use online storage for anything that would be put on the information board. Padlet has apps as well that make it easy.

On 2/16/2021 at 8:26 PM, LRJW said:

We use a "virtual information board" on padlet.com.  You can upload that month's announcements to the congregation, the mid-week and weekend meeting assignments, and schedule for field service.  Really, you can post anything on there.  Then just share the link to the publishers (not everyone in our congregation has Whatsapp).  We are careful, however, to never put personal information such as addresses, phone numbers, etc., just in case. 

Thanks for the tip. We'll be using Padlet from now on. My body of elders is a little conservative, but they loved Padlet from the first moment.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, richietj77 said:

Noted today that the new songs of the previous songbook was updated on Spanish. But also appeared on the upper carrousel on the Meetings section.

Maybe a glitch? emoji848.pngemoji2371.pngInShot_20210303_191624965.jpg

Sent from my T790W using Tapatalk

In Polish as well. I’m curious why, I mean why in the Meetings section? It’s understandable in languages that don’t have (yet) our current Songbook but I wonder about the reason in language s that have it. 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

6 hours ago, On the huh said:

The 1989 YPA book was added to JWL today.  Not in the "Older Publications" category.  That's good, I still remember receiving my copy at the convention.  So does that mean I'm not in the "Older" category either :) .  Aid book coming soon.

My copy of the 1989 version went to the "Older Publications" section.  The newer YPA vol-1 and vol-2 were already in the regular book section.  The cover is shown as a large, blank, blue square.

I'll start with Chapter 1

As you get older, you will notice changes happening to your body.  What was once lean and toned is now flabby.  Other parts may start to sag.  That is called middle-aged spread.  Those "natural highlights" in your hair is actually you going grey.  You are no longer the young physically fit man you think you are in your head.  And no, getting a sports car won't help you either.

You will find yourself digressing off the main topic ...

8 minutes ago, On the huh said:

I'll start with Chapter 1

As you get older, you will notice changes happening to your body.  What was once lean and toned is now flabby.  Other parts may start to sag.  That is called middle-aged spread.  Those "natural highlights" in your hair is actually you going grey.  You are no longer the young physically fit man you think you are in your head.  And no, getting a sports car won't help you either.

You will find yourself digressing off the main topic ...

I resemble that remark ... Now where was I?

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, helenrose70 said:

Hi I was just wondering I tried to download the Bible verses explained recordings I have downloaded it but it’s not download it when I listen to it I don’t know if you can help me please thank you

Sr. Helen, When you go to the "Publications" tab and select "Article Series", doe the series show that it is ready to use or is there a "download" or "update" icon in the lower right corner of the little square for the "Bible Verses Explained" icon?

If it is ready to use (just the 3-dots in the upper right corner), open the icon and look at the page.  It should show a list of all the verses to be explained.  to the right side of the page, you should see the little "headphone" icon for you to listen to the verse.  Look carefully at the picture.  I s the "headphone" icon light or dark colored?  If it is light, the file has not been downloaded.  When you click on the headphone icon it will give you 2 choices, [1] play audio, or [2] download audio.  You can choose "download audio if you want it on your device (phone, tablet, computer).

If the "headphone icon is darker colored it means the file is already downloaded on your device.  When you click  or select it, it will show you a different choice, [1] play audio, or [2] delete audio.  

When you play the audio without downloading it, it will stream the file from the JW.ORG servers each time you play it (but it requires an internet connection each time.  When you play the file from the download on your device, it only uses the internet the first time you store it on your tablet.

What kind of tablet or phone or computer do you have? Windows, Apple, Android, Kindle or Chromecast?

Edited by jwhess

31 minutes ago, helenrose70 said:

Thank you I have tried this but it doesn’t stay when I come off the app it doesn’t stay there still needs to be downloaded again and I’m using an iPhone 11 promax

Thank you.  When you download other material (like songs or videos) do they stay downloaded or do they go back to "streaming"?

If you go to the Iphone settings, can you see how much storage is left on the Iphone?  It would be under "Settings" then "General" (you may have to scroll down a little bit to see "General") and then look under "Storage".  The first line in that section should say...IPHONE - 42 GB of 64GB used (or something like that)