JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

1 hour ago, JohnFromOz said:

I noticed that too, but I actually preferred the more vivid blue, green and purple. Oh well. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Neither one works really well in the "reverse-mode" with white print on a black background.  Not even with Ipad's "Smart-Invert".

I keep hoping for underlining.

“See the Good Land” in English in JW Library just got an update to include maps. This update has previously been available in some other languages.

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&prefer=lang&docid=1102003100&par=0

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 1/14/2021 at 3:10 PM, Thesauron said:

“See the Good Land” in English in JW Library just got an update to include maps. This update has previously been available in some other languages.

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&prefer=lang&docid=1102003100&par=0

Very nice! I hope it’ll be available in Spanish soon. 

Edited by leoperales

I especially like now that when you make a note in a pubication (like the Watchtower or the Pure Worship Book) the paragraph number you made the note in is above the note in big numbers in the study pane now.  Really makes it easy to find your notes in the study pane without having to click on the correct icon for it in the actual article you made the note in. 

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

On 1/14/2021 at 10:10 PM, Thesauron said:

Thank you. 

This are very good news.

I am a map Enthusiast.

I like viewing maps to imagine how the people walked the region.

For windows- one could use prt screen button to screen capture and then paste onto Word processor app and then print out on printer. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

18 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

Question:
Is there way to print a note(s) created in JWLibrary app?

The only way I can think of is to do a 'screen capture' and print that out like you would a photo. It would be nice if you could go to the personal study tab and find the note and they had "print" in the 3 dot menu but all they have is "delete".

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I wish there was a way to add more bookmarks to the Study Bible.  10 doesn't cut it!

I remember in my physical Bible I'd have certain scriptures written on the blank pages that were found at the very front and at the very back.  I must have had more than 50 scriptures written there!  

Is there anywhere we can suggest ideas to the development team?  Or would it be just in our review on the App Store?  I have a feeling those reviews don't get read very often, only because there are so many of them. . .

Unless you only give it 3 or 4 stars.  That might grab their attention.  But I'd hate to do that!  

Edited by LRJW

My windows 10 and android are getting an update. Seems to fix some bugs it says.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I don't know if this is new or if I just haven't noticed it before.  On the Android update there are now two views which you can change between in the Study Bible's Outline of Contents, and when you swipe left and right it goes to the previous or next book of the Bible.

Outline of Contents.PNG

3 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Study Bible updated, now includes study notes on Philippians & Colossians.

Wow, philippians 1:1 shows I got a promotion I think. Study note shows some are assistants! YAY. 😎

I don't know if this is new or if I just haven't noticed it before.  On the Android update there are now two views which you can change between in the Study Bible's Outline of Contents, and when you swipe left and right it goes to the previous or next book of the Bible.

Outline of Contents.PNG

Isn't new

On 1/20/2021 at 2:45 PM, LRJW said:

I wish there was a way to add more bookmarks to the Study Bible.  10 doesn't cut it!

I remember in my physical Bible I'd have certain scriptures written on the blank pages that were found at the very front and at the very back.  I must have had more than 50 scriptures written there!  

Is there anywhere we can suggest ideas to the development team?  Or would it be just in our review on the App Store?  I have a feeling those reviews don't get read very often, only because there are so many of them. . .

Unless you only give it 3 or 4 stars.  That might grab their attention.  But I'd hate to do that!  

You can use the Tags feature to get around this. Add a note to a scripture, then add a tag and voila! You can add as many notes as you want & more importantly, keep them organized so you can find them easily. They are grouped in “personal study”

Outline of Contents.PNG

Cool find.

I use my iPad to read the bible or a hard copy bible.

On the iPad the Outline shows up on the side panel, but handy to know for smaller device.

Php 2:6 study note really shuts trinity DOWN! (seizure)