JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

8 hours ago, AH173 said:

For whatever reason there was I couldn't host meeting using my pc because JW library kept crashing when I went to meetings >media. 

7 hours ago, pholmes38 said:

As well as this small update, I have an update for the English ASV Bible

After coming home from work and before field service, with update installed all is well again.

Sure was inconvenient last night.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

On 11/10/2020 at 9:00 AM, jwhess said:

My JW Library on my Windows PC updated this morning to version 12.2.69

Also shows update on my Android phone version 12.2.1

It is not on my Ipad or Iphone yet.

Hhmm. I got the update. But I had to install it manually by going into Microsoft Store. Isn't it supposed to update automatically? Mine never does that.

3 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Hhmm. I got the update. But I had to install it manually by going into Microsoft Store. Isn't it supposed to update automatically? Mine never does that.

Sorry, I go to the Microsoft Store, Android Playstore and Apple App Store at least once a day so my updates are almost always manually started.

For some reason, Google Play Store never update automatically even if I set it to automatic update. I have to periodically check it once in a while. (Even if I set the download to “always download regardless of wifi status.”)

Of course, this isn’t a problem with JWL, but a problem with something else.

13 hours ago, Hinata said:

For some reason, Google Play Store never update automatically even if I set it to automatic update. I have to periodically check it once in a while. (Even if I set the download to “always download regardless of wifi status.”)

Of course, this isn’t a problem with JWL, but a problem with something else.

Your phone has to be on (and charging) and mostly inactive to update. if you charge it at night don't turn it off and it will update (at least that is the way with my Android phone). i usually turn my phone off at night when it's on tthe charger so I always have to manually update.

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

On my iPhone, I no longer have the ability to select text in the study pane/side panel. 

Like when I click on a publication reference or a cited scripture, I used to be able to select it and copy it. 

Now I have to download the publication it’s referencing and then select it from that. 

Anyone else having this issue? 

16 minutes ago, LRJW said:

On my iPhone, I no longer have the ability to select text in the study pane/side panel. 

Like when I click on a publication reference or a cited scripture, I used to be able to select it and copy it. 

Now I have to download the publication it’s referencing and then select it from that. 

Anyone else having this issue? 

I just tried it in this week's Midweek Meeting Workbook.  I selected a reference from the Insight Book, went to the study pane and held my finger down for a moment and dragged it right for a selection.  I hit the selected text and chose copy.  I went to Iphone Notes and pasted the selection.  It seems to work for me.

Well the copy and paste thing works now, weird!

Anyway, another question.  When you try to share a link from a publication or video within the app, do you just get a big blank space with no options for sharing?  I get that on my iPhone. 

A friend has a different problem when trying to share - he can email the link, but then an error comes up saying "Send failed (#368) The action attempted has been deemed abusive or is otherwise disallowed"

:confused:

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, ChrisC said:

Audio for Numbers now showing in JW Library on iPadOS.

07CA0F54-9920-426D-847A-704415C0F13B.jpeg.91ef1115e0faef835332c7109c89c871.jpeg

This is great. I am in Numbers for my personal daily Bible reading.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to version 12.3 on iOS.

When reading an article, the fonts and styles have been updated to improve readability, better support accessibility, and are consistent with JW.org and Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I guess all the updates we get from now till the book is released, will be most probably to make the book look and feel like a real **Hardcopy** publication

The idea is to improve readability and to make JW.org, wol, and JW Library get a similar look. When was the last time they updated the WTL readability?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”