JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

3 hours ago, helenrose70 said:

Yes I have 360 gig left

That is very impressive on a phone...so it is not a storage problem.  Apple Iphones do not have external SD card access so it is not a card setting problem either.  When you choose a song to download from the library (not just stream or play), does it download and stay downloaded on the phone?  Or does it refuse to stay "downloaded" as well?

Hi I have downloaded it and listen to it but then when I come off of it it disappears again I also downloaded the new watchtower this morning that stays on that on that on the app so I don’t know why the Bible verses explained won’t stay downloaded

Edited by helenrose70

For those with Android phones, make sure you update your google playstore apps.

My yahoo mail crashed on opening, plus opera crashed when opening jwtalks on my Xiaomi MI10T.

Another phone user with the OPPO R15 Pro also had similar problems.

I suspect its the Android System Webview app that caused the problem. The problem disappeared after installing these 2 updates.

WebView.thumb.jpeg.3a7007898b2d803a3a0cf4454f911be4.jpeg

9 hours ago, helenrose70 said:

Hi I have downloaded it and listen to it but then when I come off of it it disappears again I also downloaded the new watchtower this morning that stays on that on that on the app so I don’t know why the Bible verses explained won’t stay downloaded

Sr, Helen, I am getting a little lost in our discussion.  I have attached several pictures.  See if this is what you see and use when you try to "download".  Each step from opening JW Library to the download is shown.

app1.PNG

app2.PNG

app3.PNG

app4.PNG

app5.PNG

app6.PNG

15 hours ago, helenrose70 said:

I have the same problem

6 hours ago, jwhess said:

Sr, Helen, I am getting a little lost in our discussion.  I have attached several pictures.  See if this is what you see and use when you try to "download".  Each step from opening JW Library to the download is shown.

it downloads but was a open another publiction and go back to it they not downloaded.

If i download them all at once of individually and the open Bible Question Anwserd and then open Bible Verses Explained the downloaded one are gone.

Edited by Luigi62

3 hours ago, helenrose70 said:

That’s all I can say I download them then when I go back to play them again they’re gone really don’t understand it

Hopefully the Brothers and Sisters in the JWL APP Department are already working on a solution. I’ve had this same issue for a while now and I sure they are lots of Brothers & Sister worldwide with this same problem.

And maybe is only affecting iOS devices and not android devices.

Edited by Luigi62

8 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

Hopefully the Brothers and Sisters in the JWL APP Department are already working on a solution. I’ve had this same issue for a while now and I sure they are lots of Brothers & Sister worldwide with this same problem.

And maybe is only affecting iOS devices and not android devices.

As a starting point, are you using IOS 14.4.1 or IPad IOS 14.4.1 on your Apple device?

My IOS devices download properly in JW Library. (we have four of them)

On 3/26/2021 at 8:35 AM, jwhess said:

As a starting point, are you using IOS 14.4.1 or IPad IOS 14.4.1 on your Apple device?

My IOS devices download properly in JW Library. (we have four of them)

iOS 14.5 on my iPhone and 14.4.1 on my iPad. Bothe devices have the same promblem.

On 1/20/2021 at 7:45 PM, LRJW said:

I wish there was a way to add more bookmarks to the Study Bible.  10 doesn't cut it!

I remember in my physical Bible I'd have certain scriptures written on the blank pages that were found at the very front and at the very back.  I must have had more than 50 scriptures written there!  

Is there anywhere we can suggest ideas to the development team?  Or would it be just in our review on the App Store?  I have a feeling those reviews don't get read very often, only because there are so many of them. . .

Unless you only give it 3 or 4 stars.  That might grab their attention.  But I'd hate to do that!  

here is a tip that I'm using:

Download other languages and you can have 10 different bookmarks for each language

I have the portuguese for ministry related bookmarks, Brazilian portuguese for more ministry related bookmarks, the english for personal study bookmarks, the french for more of this and the spanish for more if needed

When you click on the bookmark you can easily swtich to your natural language

1 hour ago, jayrtom said:

here is a tip that I'm using:

Download other languages and you can have 10 different bookmarks for each language

I have the portuguese for ministry related bookmarks, Brazilian portuguese for more ministry related bookmarks, the english for personal study bookmarks, the french for more of this and the spanish for more if needed

When you click on the bookmark you can easily swtich to your natural language

I like this idea except for the fact that when I want to switch between Spanish and English (I do Spanish for meeting prep and English for personal study), I may get a whole series of languages to choose from.  But that isn't a big deal, I know. 

Right now I just have a tag named "Bookmark" and use that. 

But you have a great idea!  Thank you!

Something to be wary of when changing the default Bible on the right hand side:

I briefly set the Reference Bible as the default and when I reset it to the Study Bible all the audio had been deleted. 😳

The videos and pictures remained.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

• 4 weeks later...

I like the option the brothers have added where you tap any verse in a Bible chapter and in the toolbar that pops up there is a play icon..Also, in the Pure Worship book we can tap any paragraph number and choose the play option..We always listen to that book and the Watchtower when preparing for the meeting.

Screenshot_2021-04-30-23-32-59-1.png

Edited by SUNRAY

add photo

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Does anyone have issues using the "Put video on second display" option? I was able to make the "second screen" smaller and share screen on Zoom with that (so you can't see the borders, mouse, etc). But recently it has started crashing during videos. I even left it full screen and it eventually crashes.

I'm running an i7-9700k with an RTX 3070 so I really doubt its my setup. Embarrassingly enough, it happened during a meeting unexpectedly and another brother had to take over while I figured it out.

1 hour ago, Jersey Man10 said:

Does anyone have issues using the "Put video on second display" option? I was able to make the "second screen" smaller and share screen on Zoom with that (so you can't see the borders, mouse, etc). But recently it has started crashing during videos. I even left it full screen and it eventually crashes.

I'm running an i7-9700k with an RTX 3070 so I really doubt its my setup. Embarrassingly enough, it happened during a meeting unexpectedly and another brother had to take over while I figured it out.

Ok I found a better solution lol

I made the JW Library app "taller" and selected what to share on screen on Zoom to match the video dimensions. That way the brothers can't see all the buttons and borders. I think this will definitely suffice. Excellent :)

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Jay said:

There's also a support code thing in the settings. What does it do?

It seems this might possibly be for those who are having technical difficulties with the app. (e.g. errors or bugs) The branch would tell those brothers to input a secret codes in order to assist in fixing the said errors. This can also be seen in other secular apps and softwares as well.

3 hours ago, Jf800 said:

Android version updatd to 12.4 

This seems new. 

jw library update .jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible