JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

On 7/3/2021 at 6:00 PM, Thesauron said:

The app works fine on my iPad Pro running iOS 15 beta, even though it is a bit on the old side these days, I suppose. Try restarting your device.

I now have iPadOS 15 beta installed and everything seems fine except for occasional scrolling glitches with the keyboard-with-trackpad.

Specifically, after scrolling the Bible view (and some others) it becomes unresponsive to attempts to scroll again for about 3 seconds, once the scrolling animation stops.

A workaround is to scroll with actual touch, or to nudge the app with 3 fingers on the trackpad.

The seems to be very slight glitches with the trackpad throughout the system. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

34 minutes ago, On the huh said:

When will the Young People Ask article series jwpub file get updated?  Its in a constant state of Pending Update.

Br. Jonathan, which update are your discussing.  My JW Library shows both the book and the Article Series as current and no updates pending?  I do not have a "pending" notice at the top of the menu either. Here are the screen clips that I just took....

ypa1.PNG

ypa2.PNG

ypa3.PNG

48 minutes ago, On the huh said:

When will the Young People Ask article series jwpub file get updated?  Its in a constant state of Pending Update.

It is not pending on my devices.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I second that. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/12/2021 at 10:21 PM, ChrisC said:

I now have iPadOS 15 beta installed and everything seems fine except for occasional scrolling glitches with the keyboard-with-trackpad.

Specifically, after scrolling the Bible view (and some others) it becomes unresponsive to attempts to scroll again for about 3 seconds, once the scrolling animation stops.

A workaround is to scroll with actual touch, or to nudge the app with 3 fingers on the trackpad.

The seems to be very slight glitches with the trackpad throughout the system. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Scrolling issue seems to be fixed in Beta 5. 😊 

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, pholmes38 said:

I have today had a 118mb update to study bible on my app, but not sure yet what it includes

I looked to see if there were any more diamonds (study notes) and it doesn't go beyond 2 Thessalonians. Maybe an update to previous study note materials. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

37 minutes ago, pholmes38 said:

I have today had a 118mb update to study bible on my app, but not sure yet what it includes

It looks like it added an introductory video to Joshua. It probably added research material to Joshua too...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

You can also go to "Publications" from the menu ... at the top will be some headings

image.png.07653c72b298df050fec77a67cd9a0df.png

If there are any updates available for any publications you have downloaded (this includes the Bible) you will also have a heading that says "Pending Updates" just past "BY TYPE    DOWNLOADED".  Clicking on that heading will take you to a screen that shows which ones need updating

Since mine are all up-to-date I cannot show you that heading since it does not show unless you need to update something

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

19 hours ago, Qapla said:

You can also go to "Publications" from the menu ... at the top will be some headings

image.png.07653c72b298df050fec77a67cd9a0df.png

If there are any updates available for any publications you have downloaded (this includes the Bible) you will also have a heading that says "Pending Updates" just past "BY TYPE    DOWNLOADED".  Clicking on that heading will take you to a screen that shows which ones need updating

Since mine are all up-to-date I cannot show you that heading since it does not show unless you need to update something

Thank you Br. John..  The suggestion to check the publication section for updates manually is important.  But remember that the "pending updates" in the publications area will not show updates for the various Bibles you have installed.  You have to go to "Bibles" for that.

1b.PNG

3a.PNG

48 minutes ago, jwhess said:

remember that the "pending updates" in the publications area will not show updates for the various Bibles you have installed

Mine had the recent update for the Study Bible in the "Pending Updates" section ... that is where I updated it from

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~