JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

47 minutes ago, AnnieB said:

The updates for the JW Library Version 13 is also available for IPhone,Ipad and Android tablets in the app stores.

I REALLY like the update on an Android.

It now has the same layout as Apple with the menu along the bottom. That is easier to get to.  :thumbsup:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

1 hour ago, trottigy said:

I REALLY like the update on an Android.

It now has the same layout as Apple with the menu along the bottom. That is easier to get to.  :thumbsup:

They will need to update the tutorial videos..

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=802013031&srcid=share

:thumbsup:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Michał said:

And the navigation in Library section is more user friendly. I'm sure elderly or not tech-savvy will really appreciate that.

Perhaps... but it's interesting how people get used to things looking and being a certain way. I look forward to "exciting" conversations with my dear mama about how she can't find anything anymore on the app 😄  She was just getting the hang of the old way! 😉

*** JW Library 13.0 crashing for me every time I select the new Library tab. ***

(iPadOS 15.3, iPad Pro 2018, with 202GB JW Library installation.)

Publications/videos opened from other tabs do not crash JW Library .

So I will sometimes need to use another device with un-updated JW Library until this is fixed. 

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Just now, pholmes38 said:

I have dark mode set on my android phone.

But the new version of JW Library is set in "white" background mode.

Too bright.

Can't find a setting to change it

I'd love to be able to have a dark mode IN the app... for a future update, maybe.

3 minutes ago, pholmes38 said:

Too bright.

I use the Android "color inversion" to set the dark background with white text.  Unfortunately the photgraphs and pictures get inverted also.  It still works with my JW Library app update.

54 minutes ago, Dages said:

I'd love to be able to have a dark mode IN the app... for a future update, maybe.

According to an article recently published in JW.ORG, the Dark Mode is coming to the app “in the future”. It seems it could take a while, though. It takes time to add new features 

Some improvements I’ve noticed is that the app loads really fast. Where I live Internet is expensive and I’ve downloaded all the JWPUB files to have them offline. I have all the publications installed in both English and Spanish. So as you added more and more publications the app would take a while to load. But not anymore. 

On the other hand, now I don’t see any Pending Updates tab for the Publications that are updated (I do see it for the videos). So we’ll see how that works. In the Watchtower I can’t start plying an audio from a specific paragraph anymore. But in the Bible or a any other book I can do it. 

Something that Zoom Hosts will find usable. From a good old pioneer partner of mine. Don't ask me where or how he figured this out, but I trust he won't post on our local Zoom users Whatsapp group if he did not know.

Just got some info that may be of use to you all with Zoom too.
With the latest update of JW Library to version 13, there are a number of improvements, one of which is greatly reduced CPU load for background.
Another tip is that you can activate Display Media on 2nd Screen even if you only have 1 monitor. In Zoom you can then select that as the Share source, thereby eliminating having the side clutter and its automatically full screen. Additionally, you can use the onscreen Down arrow to move to the next image without stopping the share

Some improvements I’ve noticed is that the app loads really fast. Where I live Internet is expensive and I’ve downloaded all the JWPUB files to have them offline. I have all the publications installed in both English and Spanish. So as you added more and more publications the app would take a while to load. But not anymore. 

On the other hand, now I don’t see any Pending Updates tab for the Publications that are updated (I do see it for the videos). So we’ll see how that works. In the Watchtower I can’t start plying an audio from a specific paragraph anymore. But in the Bible or a any other book I can do it. 

The ability to play from any paragraph is not removed. It should still be there if the audio is available.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

The Pending Updates tab will be used for both media and other publications.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

9 hours ago, Hope said:

Perhaps... but it's interesting how people get used to things looking and being a certain way. I look forward to "exciting" conversations with my dear mama about how she can't find anything anymore on the app 😄  She was just getting the hang of the old way! 😉

I know what you mean. I'm sure I'll have trouble finding what I'm looking for too.

(But I won't ask you about how the new version works…)

10 hours ago, pholmes38 said:

Too bright.

Do you have a reading mode icon in your notification panel? I use that plus keep the brightness low. I am thinking the white background might change when we get nite mode.

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

21 hours ago, .Ivan. said:

Finally tools on android version are on bottom of app like on ios, instead on left side. Good..

I never liked it on the bottom. It takes up screen space unnecessarily. I don't need the menu to be visible all the time. I want the menu to disappear.  But I guess I will get used to it. 

I never liked it on the bottom. It takes up screen space unnecessarily. I don't need the menu to be visible all the time. I want the menu to disappear.  But I guess I will get used to it. 

As soon as you start to read and scroll down, or start a video, it disappears.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 1/29/2022 at 2:59 AM, Hope said:

Quoting myself to say that after a thorough explanation and going ovet the new format on all three of her devices yesterday, my mother phoned me in a panic this morning saying she could not find her Bible or meeting lit anywhere. 😔  I reminded her about the banner at the bottom.  Problem is, her eyesight is failing and the banner is hard to see and read. I told her to just count- two over for Bible, four over for Meeting goods.  Crisis averted. 😊

I knew this would happen.. she'll get used to it 😉

As soon as you start to read and scroll down, or start a video, it disappears.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”