JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

4 hours ago, Dove said:

Brother Hess, I have the same phone and I'm interested in what you meant by placing a HOME icon on the desktop to turn it on or off.

By desktop, are you referring to the home screen, and also how do you get the icon for that?

I always have a problem turning mine off and on, so the icon on the home screen would be so much easier, if that is what you mean....

This is a feature under settings.

Go to Settings

Go to Accessibility

Go down to Touch

select the top item "Assistive Touch" and turn it on

select the top item "Customize Top Level Menu"

It shows a grouping of icons and asks you to choose how many you want.  I only chose 3 (you can use up to 5 choices). To add or remove an icon use the Plus or Minus keys on the screen.  Home is one of the choices.

When you are done there will be a small white circle icon on your screen (every screen you go to).  You can drag it around so it doesn't block your view.  Here are the instructions.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202658

20211231_184628.jpg

Edited by jwhess

8 hours ago, Dove said:

Thank you 

There are new settings on jw.org for dark mode on the website 

Yes, they are on the portion of the page with the languages (that is on the bottom of the page on my PC)

image.thumb.png.e3da49908f77ae4e52188b6416911dae.png

and clicking the option should give you this box

image.png.03b8f933e09e4bc59b110d7d6b245b69.png

Selecting "Dark" will give you that mode on jw.org - it does not extend it to other sites - but it does remember your setting for the next time you visit

Personally, I like the Dark Mode as I am one of the few that use the Dark Mode here on JWT as well.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

Yes, they are on the portion of the page with the languages (that is on the bottom of the page on my PC)

image.thumb.png.e3da49908f77ae4e52188b6416911dae.png

and clicking the option should give you this box

image.png.03b8f933e09e4bc59b110d7d6b245b69.png

Selecting "Dark" will give you that mode on jw.org - it does not extend it to other sites - but it does remember your setting for the next time you visit

Personally, I like the Dark Mode as I am one of the few that use the Dark Mode here on JWT as well.

How do you set it for on here?

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

On the very bottom of the page(s) you will find this option

image.png.186a45aaa531362ee63209dd13814d24.png

clicking on Theme will give you this dropdown

image.png.5fd44673bef27393eb943ad24ed3e663.png

Just select the bottom option and it will refresh in dark mode and stay that way until you change it back

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

57 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Just select the bottom option and it will refresh in dark mode and stay that way until you change it back

Th

58 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Thank you

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

On 9/27/2021 at 2:44 PM, Jmystro said:

Is there a setting so one can see the marginal references on the side like above?

IOS IPhones

A few of the friends have the same phone and some can see the references on the side and others can’t.

Phone XR, 12 Max, 13 Max and 11 regular it works.

Others with 13 Max and 13 Pro it doesn’t show on the side.

I know it’s been a while since this was posted, but has anyone solved this?

It’s very unusual that some iPhones with smaller screen size show the study pane side-by-side but those with larger screen don’t.

8 hours ago, JohnFromOz said:

I know it’s been a while since this was posted, but has anyone solved this?

It’s very unusual that some iPhones with smaller screen size show the study pane side-by-side but those with larger screen don’t.

Back on post #4225 in October, Br. Chris showed this solution.  Go to settings, choose "display and brightness" and go to the bottom of the page and select "standard" (instead of zoom).

It fixed my devices.

F2236838-C23C-42A8-B03C-B40D120D4AD6.thumb.jpeg.d9db6f944f49f93a1a5c6884ccb83ac5.jpeg

Thanks brother John but there must be another setting, as I already have that.

It’s very unusual. For example in landscape mode . . . 

iPhone 7 Plus - 5.5” screen

Displays study pane side-by-side

iPhone 11 - 6.1” screen

iPhone 12 Pro - 6.1” screen

Doesn’t display study pane side-by-side

🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

If anyone can help or explain that would be much appreciated.

1 hour ago, JohnFromOz said:

Thanks brother John but there must be another setting, as I already have that.

It’s very unusual. For example in landscape mode . . . 

iPhone 7 Plus - 5.5” screen

iPhone 11 - 6.1” screen

iPhone 12 Pro - 6.1” screen

Doesn’t display study pane side-by-side

🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

If anyone can help or explain that would be much appreciated.

Sorry, I clicked on standard and my Iphone XsMax (6.5" screen) and my Ipad Pro (10.8" screen) all work as they should.  If I turn the selection to zoom it stops.  Sorry that it didn't work to fix your device problem.

• 2 weeks later...

At our meeting for FS today, the brother demonstrated, using the Enjoy book, how we can go to a chapter or even a paragraph in a chapter and tap or click it and in the pop-up box there is a share icon. We can share, even in a text message, that paragraph, to an interested person and if they tap the link, and choose a  browser, it takes them to JWorg and the exact paragraph. If the person taps the play icon that is always displayed, it will be read to them. If they tap a scripture, it comes up and also has a play icon! Wow! :D

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Your point may be the new features to jw library app. 

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/global/Use-Enjoy-Life-Forever-More-Effectively-With-Features-in-JW-Library/

I didn't know that Mac os was jw library supported. 

Screenshot_20220121-110543_kindlephoto-49647744.png

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

7 hours ago, AH173 said:

Your point may be the new features to jw library app. 

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/global/Use-Enjoy-Life-Forever-More-Effectively-With-Features-in-JW-Library/

I didn't know that Mac os was jw library supported. 

Screenshot_20220121-110543_kindlephoto-49647744.png

I have this Mac:

1121759200_ScreenShot2022-01-21at6_22_52PM.png.61da81518e12824092571994442ba5d7.png

But it apparently is lacking the Apple M1 chip necessary to run JW Library. :( 

1181288814_ScreenShot2022-01-21at6_21_15PM.png.48ac429da3185f0125e0477c726fee10.png

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

JW Library runs on M1 Macs (not intel) but some minor features don’t work. I didn’t FAQ item about running JWL on macOS so maybe an imminent update is coming to JWL to fully a available and the brothers just put this new system in this news item. 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

On 1/5/2022 at 10:05 AM, LRJW said:
Has anyone been using JW Library on Windows 11 yet?  I'm thinking about upgrading from Win 10, but don't want to break anything. . .

Seems to work ok.
JW Library app on PC now version 13

Old (Downunder) Tone

13.0.138.jpg

WhatsNew.jpg

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

On 1/4/2022 at 3:05 PM, LRJW said:

Has anyone been using JW Library on Windows 11 yet?  I'm thinking about upgrading from Win 10, but don't want to break anything. . .

I bought two new computers and both are running W11, there hasn't been any problem running JWLibrary.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D