JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

14 minutes ago, LRJW said:

If I remember correctly, the January announcement indicated that we would have the full book in JW Library some time in April. 

Here is the announcement S-147 for January. 

The digital brochure available March 1st. 

The digital book is available after mid-April.

FOR CONGREGATIONS
1. Annual Meeting Releases: Two new provisions for conducting Bible studies were announced
during the first JW Broadcasting segment of the annual meeting of the Watch
Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. The PDF format of the Enjoy Life Forever!
brochure is now available for download. The full digital formats of the brochure will be available
after
March 1. The PDF format of the Enjoy Life Forever! book will be available after
March 1.
The full digital formats of the book will be available in mid-April. Printed copies of
the publications will be made available in due course. If you begin using the printed publications
prior to the release of the full digital formats, you will have to use the links in the PDF
format to access the many videos and other referenced materials that are part of the Enjoy
Life Forever! publications.

15 hours ago, jwhess said:

FOR CONGREGATIONS
1. Annual Meeting Releases: Two new provisions for conducting Bible studies were announced
Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. The PDF format of the Enjoy Life Forever!
brochure is now available for download. The full digital formats of the brochure will be available
after
March 1.
The full digital formats of the book will be available in mid-April. Printed copies of
the publications will be made available in due course. If you begin using the printed publications
prior to the release of the full digital formats, you will have to use the links in the PDF
format to access the many videos and other referenced materials that are part of the Enjoy

Thanks for the update. Must be from another letter that our chairman/cobe didn't get on monday or prior.

Thanks

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

On 2/5/2021 at 4:49 PM, jwhess said:

FOR CONGREGATIONS
after
March 1.

I appreciate this announcement, we still did not get this read to my congregation( even at today's meeting)

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

1 hour ago, AH173 said:

I appreciate this announcement, we still did not get this read to my congregation( even at today's meeting)

Here is the posted announcements:  Please note the special announcements #2 and #8.  We have to keep up the JW Library updates because the new digital releases will not function properly with the older versions.  AND Pioneers still do not have any stated hour requirements (even new Pioneers).

Paragraphs 3, 4, 5 all deal with Covid precautions.  Number 7 is a slight modification of the way we are allowed to do telephone witnessing in the US Brance.

Announcements and Reminders
February 2021
FOR CONGREGATIONS

1. Auxiliary Pioneering: March and April are ideal times to auxiliary pioneer. The special
campaign to invite as many as possible to the Memorial begins on Saturday, February 27,
2021. In most congregations, the special talk, “Have You Found a ‘Pearl of High Value’?” will
be presented the week of March 15, 2021. And this year, the Memorial will be held on Saturday,
March 27, 2021. As a reminder, during the months of March and April and during the
month of the circuit overseer’s regular visit, publishers have the option of choosing a 30-hour
requirement. We encourage you to make your plans now for increased service during these
months.
2. JW Library Updates: An updated version of JW Library has been released that will add
features specifically for the Enjoy Life Forever! publications. All publishers are encouraged to
make good use of the electronic copies of these publications when they become available.
Since the JW Library app is updated frequently, please be sure that you have the latest version
of JW Library prior to downloading the new book or brochure. This may involve regularly
checking the app store for updates or turning on automatic updates for this app on your device.

3. Maintaining Precautions During the Pandemic: Although vaccines are gradually being
distributed in various parts of the world, the COVID-19 pandemic continues to spread rapidly
and new strains of the virus are appearing. As was mentioned in 2020 Governing Body Update
#9, this is not the time to let down our guard. Worldwide over 8,600 of our brothers and
sisters have died from the virus.

4. The Governing Body has directed all branch offices and special full-time servants to maintain
various safety precautions. In most cases, this means that Bethel facilities are remaining
on lockdown and special full-time servants are sheltering in place until at least May 1, 2021.
These precautions are vital for protecting the Kingdom work. Please continue to pray for the
worldwide Bethel family and for the special full-time servants in the field. We are confident
that Jehovah values their obedience.

5. We urge all of you dear brothers and sisters to remember the principle stated at 1 Corinthians
10:12: “Let the one who thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall.” Although we
personally may have avoided being infected with the virus, we must not become complacent.
We again commend you for your faithful adherence to the adjusted theocratic arrangements
during this pandemic.

6. Special Conventions: The COVID-19 pandemic has continued to create uncertainties
about the safety of holding large international gatherings. In view of this, we have decided to
postpone special conventions until 2023, if circumstances permit.

7. Telephone Witnessing: Many publishers are having positive results in telephone witnessing.
As a reminder, householders should generally not be placed on speakerphone. (Matt.
7:12) However, when a companion is needed to assist, such as if the publisher is a child, is
hard of hearing, or is preaching in a language with which he is not comfortable, a speakerphone
may be used. In such cases, at the beginning of the conversation, the publisher should
introduce the person accompanying him. Family heads are responsible to train their children
in the preaching work. (Deut. 6:4-7) Parents should ensure that their children are always
properly supervised when their children engage in the ministry, including when witnessing by
telephone or by letter. Please remember that telephone witnessing, like all other aspects of
your personal ministry, should comply with applicable data protection laws.

8. Regular Pioneer Hour Requirement: As a reminder, until further notice, regular pioneers
are not expected to reach a specific hour requirement. This applies to all regular pioneers, including
those who are newly appointed.

S-147-21.02-E_Us

On 2/8/2021 at 6:54 PM, AH173 said:

Honestly, I would ask two of the elders (at the same time), whether it's during service or after a meeting on zoom or something.  You could maybe word it like, "A friend of mine said there were announcements about the new book at his meeting last week, said it was from the branch.  Did we get that yet?"  It would be a gentle nudge reminding them that they need to stay on top of these things.  If you tell/text only 1 elder about it, it may be forgotten.  

I don't know why on earth the elder body wouldn't read the monthly announcements from the branch.  Technically it's the coordinator's responsibility, and there are a lot on elders' plates lately, but that is pretty important!  

10 minutes ago, LRJW said:

Honestly, I would ask two of the elders (at the same time), whether it's during service or after a meeting on zoom or something.  You could maybe word it like, "A friend of mine said there were announcements about the new book at his meeting last week, said it was from the branch.  Did we get that yet?"  It would be a gentle nudge reminding them that they need to stay on top of these things.  If you tell/text only 1 elder about it, it may be forgotten.  

I don't know why on earth the elder body wouldn't read the monthly announcements from the branch.  Technically it's the coordinator's responsibility, and there are a lot on elders' plates lately, but that is pretty important!  

Thanks. I have been knowing of these elders except for 2 (from merge about 2 years ago) for almost my whole baptized life - 35 years. 

It's good for me to wait. It's no problem at all. 

38 minutes ago, AH173 said:

Thanks. I have been knowing of these elders except for 2 (from merge about 2 years ago) for almost my whole baptized life - 35 years. 

You would not want to miss the published "final boarding call" for the ark.  Elders (in the US Branch) have been given instructions to keep up (check regularly) on some aspects weekly.  It would be a shame to be 3 "weeklies" back and not heard the first announcement yet.  All elders get the announcements, not just the COBE (but each one has to check online for himself).

Just now, jwhess said:

You would not want to miss the published "final boarding call" for the ark.  Elders (in the US Branch) have been given instructions to keep up (check regularly) on some aspects weekly.  It would be a shame to be 3 "weeklies" back and not heard the first announcement yet.  All elders get the announcements, not just the COBE (but each one has to check online for himself).

And especially during this pandemic.  Our CO has encouraged us to check the site daily, which we do.  Any time there's something new, we let the others know immediately, just in case they haven't checked in a while.  The same goes for any email sent our way from the branch, CO, disaster relief committee, etc. 

It's super important.  Brother Ashley, I understand not wanting to ruffle feathers, especially since you've known them a long time.  But I would suggest considering that.  It may turn out to help them make the needed adjustments, so that the whole congregation will benefit.  They're not bad brothers; we all need a little course correction from time to time.  

1 hour ago, AH173 said:

True, in your case but the congregation as a whole is missing out on important information, soimething only you have knowledge of.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. 

Seems the 2021 memorial invitation is on JW library. 

I'm somewhat confused when I can read content from the S-147 here on JWTalk. When an elder is logging in to jw.org he'll get this message:

Please note that electronic copies of forms and letters:

• Should not be made available to unauthorized individuals.
  • May not be incorporated into or distributed with any software program.
  • Are not to be posted on the Internet or any other electronic network.

Wouldn't posting S-147 content be a direct violation of the directions?

7 minutes ago, carlroger said:

The S-147 includes the information that is announced to the congregation, that part can be shared.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, carlroger said:

I'm somewhat confused when I can read content from the S-147 here on JWTalk. When an elder is logging in to jw.org he'll get this message:

After reading S-147 at our meetings our elder posted S-147 onto our group's whatsapp chat group.

Its a much appreciated gesture of the elders to have the pdf of S-147 as its difficult to digest all that is said at one reading.

Earlier on in our congregation, this wasn't the case. But we had some new elders joining our congregation and they started to post the softcopy on our whatsapp chat group.

During pre-zoom days, the announcement would be physically posted on our magnetic notice board and everyone would crowd around to take a picture of the announcement. ( resulting in great chaos around the notice board 😁 )

As brother Richard points out, the form comes in two parts.  The first part is more comprehensive and detailed and is addressed to the elders only.  A shorter, more concise (or even limited) version is directed to be given to the congregation.  In times past (when we attended the Kingdom Hall) it was supposed to be posted on the information board for 30 days.  It was for anyone to see and read.

EDIT: other forms (such as Zoom instructions or how to present talks on video-conferencing) are directed to others in the congregation as well.

Edited by jwhess

21 minutes ago, TRUTH04 said:

Sorry it is off topic, can I download new windows (eg windows 10) to upgrade my windows 7 online ? What size of data does it take?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/windows-10-update-assistant-3550dfb2-a015-7765-12ea-fba2ac36fb3f

My stick says 4,6 GB.

A licence-code takes 5 € here.

On 2/14/2021 at 2:12 PM, WilliamChew said:

After reading S-147 at our meetings our elder posted S-147 onto our group's whatsapp chat group.....

We use a "virtual information board" on padlet.com.  You can upload that month's announcements to the congregation, the mid-week and weekend meeting assignments, and schedule for field service.  Really, you can post anything on there.  Then just share the link to the publishers (not everyone in our congregation has Whatsapp).  We are careful, however, to never put personal information such as addresses, phone numbers, etc., just in case.