JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

How do I download the audio?  Yes I am connected to the internet.

Make sure to go to SETTINGS > JW LIBRARY and make sure that stream and download over cellular are toggled off (green) if you plan to download over cellular, and that offline mode is toggled off.

If you then wish to download the Bible audio, you open up the JW LIBRARY app, open up the Bible folder, find the cloud in the upper right corner. You might need to press a ‘check’ button to search for what is available in the cloud. Press Download All under the earphone symbol. It will download all the available audio. You do not actually need to have the audio downloaded to your device, but it might help if you are charged for your downloads.

Now try to open up a Bible book that has the earphone symbol. It should now play from the selected verse.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

If that does not solve the issue, check in the appstore to see if there is an update there for JWLibrary.

At appstore, click the little icon on a person at the top right, then drag down to see if there are any iPad app updates pending.

0332D78B-F224-45B8-BCEE-E94F1C458E34.thumb.jpeg.dbf337ad1f7a3f2ac8f28d238e507786.jpeg

A1F0C1E0-186E-4D18-9513-0642633951C2.thumb.jpeg.cb557bbd9f6bbf8cff9c500c8d0fe558.jpeg

Edited by carlos

Has anyone else noticed that older audio files attached to publications are downloadable, but not really playable within the app.

Ex., Awake! for July 2011 has audio files downloadable through the cloud, 26 MB, but there is no way to play them. The audio files are playable on jw.org.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

15 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Has anyone else noticed that older audio files attached to publications are downloadable, but not really playable within the app.

Ex., Awake! for July 2011 has audio files downloadable through the cloud, 26 MB, but there is no way to play them. The audio files are playable on jw.org.

I noticed that some of the older magazines have audio files and some dont. Some will have the headphone symbol but still wont play the file. It must be a work in progress...

Edited by Mephibosheth
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Maybe the audio encoding in them?? 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

The recent update affected all of the JWL media on my PC. The Teaching Tool Box disappeared and there was a message to connect to the Internet . The videos in the WhatsNew section also disappeared and had the same message.  Everything in the Media section disappeared except for the media I had downloaded, even the media links in the Workbook didn't work.

The Internet connection is fine, that wasn't the issue. I was still able to check for new publications and download publications. I tried to delete one of the Audio files that I had downloaded and the app shut down. I rebooted the PC and the problem still existed.

I opened Settings and I switched Offline Mode to ON, then closed the app, reopened the app, opened Settings, switched the Offline Mode back to OFF, closed the app, reopened the app and all of the media appeared as the app refreshed. Whew...

Edited by Mephibosheth
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Mephibosheth said:

The recent update affected all of the JWL media on my PC. The Teaching Tool Box disappeared and there was a message to connect to the Internet . The videos in the WhatsNew section also disappeared and had the same message.  Everything in the Media section disappeared except for the media I had downloaded, even the media links in the Workbook didn't work.

The Internet connection is fine, that wasn't the issue. I was still able to check for new publications and download publications. I tried to delete one of the Audio files that I had downloaded and the app shut down. I rebooted the PC and the problem still existed.

I opened Settings and I switched Offline Mode to ON, then closed the app, reopened the app, opened Settings, switched the Offline Mode back to OFF, closed the app, reopened the app and all of the media appeared as the app refreshed. Whew...

The same here in German.

I have to play the videos for zoom on other players.

My laptop has not loaded the update. I disconnected it from the internet.😅

5 hours ago, ren'z said:

This is my problem too, the Media section is always loading no video or audio files appears. I Hope they have new update that fix some problems.

Try what I did and see if it helps.

Did anyone notice the menu item at the top of the "Pending" page in publications that said "Update All"?

There were so many Watchtowers needing updating so I pushed the button and they all began updating at the same time.  It took a little while but several years worth updated without needing my input.

I had many years of Awake magazines that needed "downloading".  There was no "Download All" button to help me.  At least it was a step in the right direction.

8 hours ago, jwhess said:

Did anyone notice the menu item at the top of the "Pending" page in publications that said "Update All"?

There were so many Watchtowers needing updating so I pushed the button and they all began updating at the same time.  It took a little while but several years worth updated without needing my input.

I had many years of Awake magazines that needed "downloading".  There was no "Download All" button to help me.  At least it was a step in the right direction.

I just checked and did not see this.... ( my large update came a few weeks back in the Media section )

( JW Library on iPad )

I just noticed that the yearbooks are available back to 1970. When did that happen? 

6 minutes ago, Mephibosheth said:

I just noticed that the yearbooks are available back to 1970. When did that happen? 

A lot of material is being added, uploaded and updated (years worth of stuff).  The comment I made about the "update all" button went away after it completed the task.  It did not "download all" for the remaining books, Kingdom Ministrys and magazine issues.  They had to be done manually.  Much of it back to 1970 and earlier.