JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

2 minutes ago, shali said:

???

?

It probably would of been a while before I figured that out - it replaces the bar that used to be there instead (I hated that bar!) Thanks for the heads up Richard! (or the head "out" (of your shell)

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I don't notice it when I scroll, but if I hold my finger on the right edge for a couple of seconds I see it.  I'm cooking supper now but will mess around with it more to see how it works!  Thanks again for letting us know!

it replaces the bar that used to be there instead (I hated that bar!

I'm sure there is a joke in there about staying away from bars....:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

I love the 'refresh' in the android update, a quick down-swipe instead of going to the menu..

How long do you think it will be before we get the Meeting schedule on Android Richard?  Less than 2 weeks?

2 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I love the 'refresh' in the android update, a quick down-swipe instead of going to the menu..

Yeah... *I* like it, too.  Trying to explain that move to my mom over the phone... not so much. :P  I just got her in the habit of looking for "refresh"... 

Edited by Hope

1 hour ago, Skye said:

How do I shuffle the audio? All that's new on my device is a play bar at the bottom of the page....see pic below. How do I select more than one song to play?

I

There should be a "SELECT" button at the top right hand corner of the screen. Tap that and when you do a play icon(looks like a small triangle) as well as 2 crossing X's show up next to the select button.

Tap the play icon to play the songs in sequence. Tap the crossing X's to shuffle the songs. Also, when you tap either one, a vcr type bar will pop up on the bottom showing which song is playing. This is on my ipad only, not yet on my android. Songs will play even if not downloaded, so I think to have to be connected to WIFI.

Edited by mserskine

Not sure if this is new or not but I never noticed it before ....

If I swipe from the left of the screen the "Main Menu" slides open without closing the publication that is open on my Android tablet

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 hours ago, leoperales said:

:nope: Nope, unfortunately I can't do that. But...:uhhuh: oh, just holding it in my hands feels so good :bouncing:

16 GB is my sustenance for now :P

I have almost all the books and magazines and about 3/4 of the available videos and music on my SD card and it's currently at 20GB (out of an available 60 GB).  I mostly load videos at 480 (still really good quality on a tablet) so I'd guess if you downloaded everything off the site at the highest resolution it might be about 50 GB or so.  The nice thing if I get a new tablet I just pop out the SD card and put it in the new one and I'm ready to go AND I can make back-up copies for people with limited or no internet access. :batman:

Baseball is in the Bible... Gen 1:1 "In the big inning".

Got my new iPad Pro 7.9 today and just clicked on updated JWLibrary and it crashes on opening.  Working fine on my iPad 3 so I'd better file a bug report.

Good job I have my trusty eQuipd.

Working fine on my Android.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

3 hours ago, dozerman5676 said:

I have almost all the books and magazines and about 3/4 of the available videos and music on my SD card and it's currently at 20GB (out of an available 60 GB).  I mostly load videos at 480 (still really good quality on a tablet) so I'd guess if you downloaded everything off the site at the highest resolution it might be about 50 GB or so.  The nice thing if I get a new tablet I just pop out the SD card and put it in the new one and I'm ready to go AND I can make back-up copies for people with limited or no internet access. :batman:

I see...:drool:

Not sure if this is new or not but I never noticed it before ....

If I swipe from the left of the screen the "Main Menu" slides open without closing the publication that is open on my Android tablet

Has always been there as far as I remember... I use that feature to go from one scripture to the other. Instead of pressing 'back' several times, I press 'bible' after sliding

14 hours ago, ChrisTheConfused said:

Got my new iPad Pro 7.9 today and just clicked on updated JWLibrary and it crashes on opening.  Working fine on my iPad 3 so I'd better file a bug report.

Good job I have my trusty eQuipd.

Working fine on my Android.

Working fine after reinstalling. I should have tried that first!

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

21 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

You can expand iPad's memory at least here Down Under ! (Works in similar ways to usb via lighting jack connection on tablet I think maximum at this stage is 128gb ) it's expensive though ! 

Does this mean that videos etc from JWLibrary can be transferred to external memory? I have seen the expansion flash drives with iPad connections but does it work as I want it to?  

3 hours ago, bohemian said:

Does this mean that videos etc from JWLibrary can be transferred to external memory? I have seen the expansion flash drives with iPad connections but does it work as I want it to?  

I have not done any research on the subject, but logic dictates that the device will support certain types of files so if they are in that format it should not be a problem

I am planning to buy one and put some movies on it for my international flights because quite often I end up with broken in-flight entertainment system.

Also you can always download videos from jw.org or broadcasting and convert them easily. 

Review below:

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/reviews/sandisk-ixpand-flash-drive-review-useful-but-expensive-703602

Edited by Gregexplore

added more info and link

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

23 hours ago, 1gemstone said:

I can't download the JW Library app on my brand new computer with Windows 10 already installed,  the dots keep going back and fore like it downloading, but it is not downloading,. I tried a few times to no avail, any suggestions?

Did you go to the Window's store to download?  Check your "tiles" and find the Windows store and try downloading it from there.  (You have to set up a Microsoft account first).  It could also be the time of day you are trying to download.