JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

I want this capability without rooting my device with JWLibrary:

imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20160527%2F921bb5cf94b71b3f6278b0584939a455.jpg&key=10555204c68569324c155f96832647e83d525078888a05bb8eda0397f1babeb6

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It'll be available on the new Android N natively.

At this point I use some hacks on Android 6.0 to achieve that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks for info. Interesting. JW Library told me I have to upgrade to Windows 10 in order for me to get updates!  I  have a 2 in 1 Asus 8.1 computer I can use it like a tablet because it comes apart and I use it for meeting. However, Windows 10 cannot upgrade due to not enough storage space. Anybody else have same situation and how can you free up space?  JW Library does take up a lot of space. I have deleted a lot of  stuff already but still no room. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanking you in advance.:help:

12 minutes ago, cresyj said:

Thanks for info. Interesting. JW Library told me I have to upgrade to Windows 10 in order for me to get updates!  I  have a 2 in 1 Asus 8.1 computer I can use it like a tablet because it comes apart and I use it for meeting. However, Windows 10 cannot upgrade due to not enough storage space. Anybody else have same situation and how can you free up space?  JW Library does take up a lot of space. I have deleted a lot of  stuff already but still no room. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanking you in advance.:help:

I think you can use a SD Card or USB drive as a storage area for the upgrade.

5 hours ago, cresyj said:

You might also be able to remove your ASUS recovery partition. I did on mine.  Windows 10 has its own recovery system. 

I have Windows 10 on my desktop.  I downloaded JWLibrary app to my desktop computer a long time ago.  It sits right there next to Watchtower Library 2015.  I am not sure I will need the Watchtower Library next year.  Using JWLibrary and JW.ORG may be sufficient.

For now I like both on to my windows 10 devices (tablet,  desktop and laptop computers). JW Library has all the current material to be downloaded and used for off line use and 2015 wtlib has deeper resources for off line viewing (hopefully will change in future for recent material). And online library for the newer material that's not on JW Library. So for now I like the 3 ways for obtaining literature. Not to mention the JW broadcasting website. We are really spiritually fed well. :uhhuh:

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

42 minutes ago, ouzo said:

Is this happening only to me? 

Screenshots_2016-06-01-15-26-03.png

It happened to me but it refreshed and came back. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Me too.  By the way, I noticed that my "refresh" button got up and left a couple of updates ago.  How do you refresh now without it? Do you just hope it does it on it's own? 

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

In my gadget (Android 5.1.1), it appeared that way, refresh many times, still blank. I suspect server-side change, as it is first day of month. Rest of the app works fine.

And the famous "Convention Releases" section appeared under by type. (Nope, not touching it until August 26-28)

2 minutes ago, shali said:

Me too.  By the way, I noticed that my "refresh" button got up and left a couple of updates ago.  How do you refresh now without it? Do you just hope it does it on it's own? 

Dragging down the screen and releasing it.

2 minutes ago, richietj77 said:

Dragging down the screen and releasing it.

That doesn't seem to do anything on my Android phone.  I'll have to see if it is operational on my tablet.

Yesterday I tried the "swipe down from the top" method and it worked.  I had trouble finding the right spot to swipe down from but it eventually worked on my tablet.  I can't seem to get it to work on my phone.  When I tried to get the process to work on my tablet today, I don't see any results.  I do not know if this is because I already refreshed and nothing is new or something else.

Yes, grabbing the far right of the screen works to refresh my tablet and my phone.  Still have the "no new publications" screen on both afterward though.

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

It happened to me but it refreshed and came back. 

Mine is blank again and the refresh doesn't help.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D