JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

I'm glad those updates worked for you but for nexus 10 and nexus 7 2013 tablets still can't go to publications tab. Just waiting patiently. 

For older nexus 7 2012, note 4 and Windows 10 tablet  is usable for now. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I'm glad those updates worked for you but for nexus 10 and nexus 7 2013 tablets still can't go to publications tab. Just waiting patiently. 

For older nexus 7 2012, note 4 and Windows 10 tablet  is usable for now. 

Works perfectly on my n7 2013. So it might not be a application problem, but device problem... Try clearing the cache of the app.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Andrejrulz said:

Works perfectly on my n7 2013. So it might not be a application problem, but device problem... Try clearing the cache of the app.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks for suggestion. Will try. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Clearing cache doesn't work for nexus 10. Thanks though for suggesting it. 

For nexus 10, doing uninstall/reinstall. Wish I didn't have to though. It seems to work. 

17 hours ago, shali said:

I just got home and noticed two "donation acknowledgement" letters in my inbox.  They were sent today but they were for donations I made in May!  I've never gotten these letters so far after the donation before!  Wonder what's up with that.

I also got one for May and one for June. May's letter mentioned "computer error."

I noticed the return address also changes from May to June.

10 hours ago, AH173 said:

For nexus 10, doing uninstall/reinstall. Wish I didn't have to though. It seems to work. 

Seems the uninstalled /reinstall and re-download of files seemed a work for nexus 10 and nexus 7 2013. All is well for now. :bringiton:

On Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 5:00 PM, mserskine said:

Can anyone tell me where Songs 136-150 are on JWL on android?  Mine went missing.  They're not under NEW SONGS or ORCHESTRAL

They're back!....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The brochure Listen to God and Live Forever has appeared. Or did I forget to click the cloud before?

(iOS)

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

On 6/21/2016 at 10:58 AM, Hope said:

People were "deeper" back in the day. :) Many people read books for fun and for learning... and without pictures! :yes:  Comprehension of complex subjects was normal and it wasn't expected that adults needed everything broken down in to bite sized pieces with very descriptive verbiage.  People enjoyed heavier topics.

If you wanted to study to get baptized, you studied the "Truth" book, no matter how old you were.  I was 10 when I started studying; baptized at 13.  That was a more seemly age than 11.... baptizing young ones was not the thing.

I think it's much the same as why we now have 50 talks at conventions and even more videos, rather than 45 min/hour-long talks.  People's attention spans are shortened for whatever reasons - having been heavily educated via video rather than books, internet reading, etc... It actually kinda makes me nutty, this ADD trend.  I like to "sink" into talks, books and let my mind rest and absorb the info.  Nowadays, I barely get five lines written from a talk and it's a new speaker -- or a video.  I don't come away with the great notes or the "soaked in" feeling from assemblies/conventions anymore.  They're great as always.... it's just not *my* particular preference.

We all adapt. :) 

Funny you should mention the reason that the WT articles aren't as "deep" as they were in times past. The newer articles are a bit bland, if you compare them to subject matter of past years.

Truly thankful the the GB  gives us meat to chew.

3 hours ago, MizPeg said:

Funny you should mention the reason that the WT articles aren't as "deep" as they were in times past. The newer articles are a bit bland, if you compare them to subject matter of past years.

Truly thankful the the GB  gives us meat to chew.

I am thankful also.

I sometimes think of our situation as passengers and crew on a cruise ship that is going to sink.  We all have assigned duties and places in the event of an emergency.  I would love to discuss the nature of the special steel fabrication of the ship's hull or the special turbines that make this a fast ship.  However, the ship is sinking, so we will discuss emergency procedures, cooperation with passengers and crew, how to find our assigned lifeboats, how to check for food and water and so on.  These might seem to be mundane topics at any other time, but right now they are essential to our lives in the immediate future.

I am sure there are great researchers at Bethel who can dazzle us with historical investigations or amaze us with prophetic insights as to the meaning of the number of teeth in one of the beasts in Revelation.  But what is important right now?  Saving as many lives of untrained people as we can.  We need to address them on a level equal to their abilities and their need as this ship sinks.  We have billions of years to figure out the history, geography and the stars.  Now is a special time.

Does anyone know why the video for Soith African Literture Distrbutin is in the multimedia section for our midweek meeting this week?  I couldn't find a part that it's connected to.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

7 minutes ago, shali said:

Does anyone know why the video for Soith African Literture Distrbutin is in the multimedia section for our midweek meeting this week?  I couldn't find a part that it's connected to.

Its for the Local Needs part.  There will be a new video every three months.

28 minutes ago, shali said:

Thank you brother Jonathan!  But here's another puzzler - the local needs part is only alotted 7 minutes but the video is 8 and a half minutes long!

The last time our congregation had a video like this, they played it at the end of the meeting and the meeting went overtime.

Since the talks are now  - 2 minutes or less, 4 minutes or less and 6 minutes or less - if all or just two go more toward the "less" side in timing, there will be time to pay this video without going overtimes even though it's 1 minute an a half longer than what is alotted for local needs.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

1 hour ago, shali said:

Since the talks are now  - 2 minutes or less, 4 minutes or less and 6 minutes or less - if all or just two go more toward the "less" side in timing, there will be time to pay this video without going overtimes even though it's 1 minute an a half longer than what is alotted for local needs.

Our CLAMMO gives counsel if you aren't close to the time limit...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D