JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting November Edition of 2017

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2347 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

4 hours ago, procarvalho said:

In the video about anniversary the jw family is the same family of the other video about a man who is in doubt about baptism. Do you remember? 

Sorry, but my English is horrible! 

Yes its the same brother Paulo :)

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

When brother Splane talked about that we would never deliberately misquote anyone, he was referring to an actual mistake that did happen in one of our publications a while ago, where we quoted a scientist as someone who did not believe in evolution, when in actuality he did. I think we got into trouble for accidentally misquoting him. Scientists who believe in evolution get really upset when someone says they don't....

On 13/11/2017 at 10:17 PM, ChrisTheConfused said:

Those ‘find the error’ questions were great fun. I need to go back over the ‘why the Bible might not be the oldest book’ question though.

A thoroughly enjoyable broadcast! :)

I understood that part about the Bible maybe not being the oldest book of mankind as saying that we don't know if any man wrote any book before the flood... I told an RV of mine that the Bible is the oldest book of mankind in existence...

If I'm mistaken on this, someone please let me no because I may need to clarify what I said to the RV...

We are one of the few congregations around here that still projects the broadcast. It is always announced although it's always on the 2nd Sunday of the month. I'm the one responsible to project it every month and I rather wait to see it there ;)

On 14/11/2017 at 9:24 PM, Hope said:

2 hours ago, jayrtom said:

I understood that part about the Bible maybe not being the oldest book of mankind as saying that we don't know if any man wrote any book before the flood... I told an RV of mine that the Bible is the oldest book of mankind in existence...

If I'm mistaken on this, someone please let me no because I may need to clarify what I said to the RV...

We are one of the few congregations around here that still projects the broadcast. It is always announced although it's always on the 2nd Sunday of the month. I'm the one responsible to project it every month and I rather wait to see it there ;)

Cant clearly recall but haven't they always thought that Adam may have penned information and it may have been passed down and even came through the flood with Noah. Noah and other early faithful ones may have recorded information as well. It does appear that Moses was referencing certain sources. 

The writings of Moses are probably not the oldest writings. He probably learned to write from his Egyptian upbringing, but his writings may be the oldest still being published.

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

11 hours ago, annakot said:

When brother Splane talked about that we would never deliberately misquote anyone, he was referring to an actual mistake that did happen in one of our publications a while ago, where we quoted a scientist as someone who did not believe in evolution, when in actuality he did. I think we got into trouble for accidentally misquoting him. Scientists who believe in evolution get really upset when someone says they don't....

I was thinking of that too! I recall this being used by apostates and twisted into something it wasn't, that GB "did it on purpose", knowing it was dishonest.  

"A nation needs laws. The Israelites were therefore given ten basic laws, commonly known as the Ten Commandments, as well as an additional 600 or so regulations. (Exodus 20:1-17) It was a law code based upon fundamental truths that have always applied to true religion, and still do, even in our 20th century.
Were these laws based upon the already existent Code of Hammurabi? Some people might think so, since Hammurabi, king of Babylon’s first dynasty, ruled well over a century and a half before Israel became a nation." --- g89 2/22

The Society produced a video in 1994 titled, "The Bible ---- Mankind's Oldest Modern Book." So, it may not be the oldest book ever written, but apparently it's the oldest book still being produced and read today.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

On 11/6/2017 at 6:10 PM, Life4u said:

It relieves my mind to be able to explain to householders guestions or inquiries about past statements made in our publications the reason such as taken place. 

Oh! How humble! To admit that things change or new information arise and we have to go with those changes as the spiritual light gets brighter. I love knowing Jehovah and our brotherhood!  "Every good gift comes from above " (James 1: 17)

Sis,

Indeed!!! I will be saving this November in pdf file...just reminders on inquiries in FS. 

And...thank you!!!:D

On 07/11/2017 at 5:43 PM, And_Ray said:

Or better yet, download it straight from the website. 
For example, this months subtitle can be found at : https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_broadcasting/5c/jwb_E_201711_01_r720P.vtt

Thank you brother Andrej. You always help to simplify for us. 

Actually I would really love a copy of the subtitles for another video, its a 5 minute video which comes from the May 2016 broadcast. For an upcoming Living as Christians part.

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/pub-jwbai_201605_2_VIDEO

Do you know if this can be obtained?

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."