JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting November Edition of 2017

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2320 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I'm loving the broadcast so far and I know I'll  love the rest, however, the first topic about having a reliable source as to what is printed in our publications is awesome!  So much hard work go into the finding and choosing  sources of information printed, even updating those sources to make sure they are still reliable today. Wow!

It relieves my mind to be able to explain to householders guestions or inquiries about past statements made in our publications the reason such as taken place. 

Oh! How humble! To admit that things change or new information arise and we have to go with those changes as the spiritual light gets brighter. I love knowing Jehovah and our brotherhood!  "Every good gift comes from above " (James 1: 17)

Edited by Life4u

Add

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

The best Monday of the month is always the Broadcast Monday!! Loved the song, the segment on the three sisters (where's my tissue) and a thought provoking intro about reliable sources, no fake news with JW.org :):) but a timely reminder for us all. Thank you brothers for all your hard work and so much work that goes on behind the scenes that we really don't know about. Faith strengthening :)

BEST ONE EVER!

So many lies about our research methods debunked, how we use quotes, and even the "two-witness" rule was explained as regards to why we have it and how it applies. Wow!

What a lesson about getting personally involved with helping a sick NON-WITNESS boy with giving into the pressure to violate bible principles.

By far the best one, in my view.

Edited by Bob

Can someone confirm please, I’ve watched the broadcast several times, is it just my tv glitching, or did anyone else notice there’s a little edit over bro splane’s voice!?

It’s when he’s talking about, “ In 325 C.E, the Roman Emperor Constantine establishing Christianity as the official religion of the Roman empire”....

Then he says, ‘Apostate Christianity didn’t become the official religion, until 391 C.E.’ 

Well you can see bro Splane don’t actually say 391 C.E but it’s dubbed over!! I’m confused, what does this mean & what did he really say?? Any help please....

Its at the 13min mark from the beginning of the broadcast.

Edited by Jothob

If his statement was dubbed over, my informed guess would be an incorrect statement was replaced with a corrected statement.:D

Serves as a visual aid for the talk's subject. ^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

6 hours ago, Guri said:

WilliamsChew,

Thank you for the transcript. How do you get it? 

The subtitles are embedded in the .mp4 file by jw.org. You will need to do the following:

How to extract subtitles from mp4 file?

http://www.talarczyk.com/how-to-extract-subtitles-from-an-mp4-file/

1. Download and install the utility ffmpeg

2. Check if subtitles exist in the file.
(the filename containing the mp4 video in this example is file.mp4)
ffmpeg -i file.mp4

3. This extracts the subtitles from the file file.mp4 into file.srt
"C:\Program Files (x86)\SoundBox2014\ffmpeg.exe" -i file.mp4 -vn -an -codec:s:0.2 srt file.srt

1 minute ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

If his statement was dubbed over, my informed guess would be an incorrect statement was replaced with a corrected statement.:D

Serves as a visual aid for the talk's subject. ^_^

Hehe! I thought perhaps it was deliberate so as to make the point of ‘accuracy’!! :-)

Lyrics to JW Broadcasting's Original song for November:

Inspired by Your Wonders

JW Broadcasting—November 2017

I hear the birds singing out to the sunrise.

I see the stars fading away in the morning light.

Golden sun shines on down through the treetops,

Where there is a summer breeze that whispers so soft.

And I sing, “O Jah, Jehovah my God,

The work of your hands fills us with awe.”

I stare at the stars,

Wondering how you care who we are.

I see your wonders, and I sing to you.

I sing to you.

These wondrous, moving, breathing creations—

Oh, in the night, in the day— can you hear what they say?

From mountaintops to the bottoms of oceans,

Let ev’ry living thing sing out to your praise.

I stare at the stars,

I sing to you.

Looking past what we can see with our eyes,

We will come to know more about the One who gave us life.

I stare at the stars,

I see your wonders, and I—I sing to you.

I sing to you.

Lyrics to Original Songs from October 2014 through November 2017

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

10 hours ago, Guri said:

WilliamsChew,

Thank you for the transcript. How do you get it? 

Or better yet, download it straight from the website. 
For example, this months subtitle can be found at : https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_broadcasting/5c/jwb_E_201711_01_r720P.vtt

1 hour ago, And_Ray said:

Or better yet, download it straight from the website. 
For example, this months subtitle can be found at : https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_broadcasting/5c/jwb_E_201711_01_r720P.vtt

I am unfamiliar with .vtt.  What program will open it?

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

58 minutes ago, rocket said:

I am unfamiliar with .vtt.  What program will open it?

Any WORD processing program... even notepad will do. So, notepad, and MS word among the others. I use notepad++ (advanced notepad), and it even breaks the text into new lines.

VTT files are used for displaying subtitles in web videos. There are online converters as well, which will convert vtt to srt, for example.

8 hours ago, Jothob said:

Can someone confirm please, I’ve watched the broadcast several times, is it just my tv glitching, or did anyone else notice there’s a little edit over bro splane’s voice!?

It’s when he’s talking about, “ In 325 C.E, the Roman Emperor Constantine establishing Christianity as the official religion of the Roman empire”....

Then he says, ‘Apostate Christianity didn’t become the official religion, until 391 C.E.’ 

Well you can see bro Splane don’t actually say 391 C.E but it’s dubbed over!! I’m confused, what does this mean & what did he really say?? Any help please....

Its at the 13min mark from the beginning of the broadcast.

Woww! You've got a keen eye for detail! I noticed it too, but I didn't think anyone else would. :ok:

I am thinking he may have made a mistake in filming the original broadcast and said the wrong year. I can't read lips though so I can't see what he's really saying. But since they're discussing accuracy of statement, it was corrected afterwards.

26 minutes ago, cerebral ecstasy said:

I need one of those, I have this horrible wireless keyboard which sometimes deletes letters so sometimes my posts are riddled with errors!  I'd have to get a new keyboard before typing anything to anyone!!!  LOL

Do you have a tablet with Spellcheck maybe?.

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

23 minutes ago, cerebral ecstasy said:

I need one of those, I have this horrible wireless keyboard which sometimes deletes letters so sometimes my posts are riddled with errors!  I'd have to get a new keyboard before typing anything to anyone!!!  LOL

This subject was brought this up in another topic. Maybe the suggestion will help you too.

Speaking of spelling... and accuracy... when was the last time you ever saw a typographical error in one of our publications? A simple spelling mistake could easily creep into a magazine, but one of those eagle-eyed proofreaders at Bethel always seems to catch it! Yes, I have seen some over the years, but they are extremely rare.

To draw on someone's statement in the broadcast, if they're that meticulous over spelling, they are definitely that meticulous about teaching us the truth!

11 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Speaking of spelling... and accuracy... when was the last time you ever saw a typographical error in one of our publications? A simple spelling mistake could easily creep into a magazine, but one of those eagle-eyed proofreaders at Bethel always seems to catch it! Yes, I have seen some over the years, but they are extremely rare.

To draw on someone's statement in the broadcast, if they're that meticulous over spelling, they are definitely that meticulous about teaching us the truth!

I've only seen one...in 55 years, and it was decades ago. And I was shocked..:o :lol:

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

3 hours ago, Dove said:

I'd like to be a proofreader  :)

You’re missing a period at the end of the sentence. :lol:

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”