JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

This is always in the news. Please share this and show this video with all you kids and loved ones.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2340 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The new law in Oregon forbids having the phone in your hand even at a stoplight. It is now a primary offense which means they can pull you over for it. First offense $260 to $1000 fine. A second offense can be a $6250 and up to a year in jail.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

10 minutes ago, Old said:

The new law in Oregon forbids having the phone in your hand even at a stoplight. It is now a primary offense which means they can pull you over for it. First offense $260 to $1000 fine. A second offense can be a $6250 and up to a year in jail.

I think California is similar, even being stopped at a red light is considered to be legally operating the vehicle.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Guys just because its illigal doesnt stop kids from doing it. Show them this video to shock them into not doing it. Sometimes its the only way to get them to stop. Sometimes a shocking video like this is the only way to get them to stop. 

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

23 minutes ago, Greg Dent said:

Guys just because its illigal doesnt stop kids from doing it. Show them this video to shock them into not doing it. Sometimes its the only way to get them to stop. Sometimes a shocking video like this is the only way to get them to stop. 

Thanks

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

In Florida, it is illegal to text and drive - but, it is still legal to do it while "stopped" .... and this includes red lights.

Back when it was still "legal" to text and drive, well, before they passed an specific law against it - we had a good friend who was the victim of someone texting while driving - this fine Brother is now waiting the New System in Jehovah's memory.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Every social cause takes this route...

Smoking, drinking, domestic violence, homelessness... Everything bad in the background of all our lives has some series of commercials or short films. I've taken to writing epilogues in my head. Whenever someone dies in a medical show, I picture the moment they take their first breath in paradise.

That doesnt ease the pain of someone being severly injured or worse in this system. The new system will fix everything but until then its still out respicibility to treat our life and others as a gift. This includes following the direction in this video and admonition we get about safety matters. Do treat it as a small thing is akin to treating our lives as meaning very little. 

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

All my phones are home, except for one, and that stays in my pocket, fullly charged and used during emergency stops or if am not dead a call for help.  I do use my little cell phone if I pull over somewhere safe and call to let the friends know how far I am to meet them in the ministry.  Once I do that (I don't text), I leave a message.  The cell has voice mail and it goes there, when I get to my distination, that's when I retrieve messages, when I am parked.  I live in Maryland, and we have the same laws just about as every state has too, but when am out, I see people not so many young teens, but more mature people who drive with the phone up the their ear.  I mean, these people have Iphones that can snap on to their suv or car dashes.  Some hae voice over the radio through their steering wheels.  Why is ther a handheld?  The video above, was an eye opened for these kids, but their kids, and listen today, but gone tomorrow.  

My cousin who is an elder is a Fireman and Paramedic.

One of the scenes he was called to one day involved a teenage girl who was texting while  driving.  She ended up hitting a four year old and sadly the child died.  The child was already

deceased when the Paramedics got there.

It's so sad.   It goes to show that we should always be careful.

19 hours ago, juliansan said:

Once I read a newspaper article about a man who hit a person with his car and the victim died. The driver was a brother. The article stated he was disfellowshiped because of bloodguiltiness later

The newspaper reported that he was disfellowshipped? :o

I don't know how many of you remember that I lost a great nephew last February.

His Mom plowed into the back of a county road grader while driving him to school.

Well, I recently was informed that she may have been (and most likely was) texting and driving at the time.

The most unbelievable part for me to swallow is that she is STILL texting and driving to this very day.:(

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 minute ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

His Mom plowed into the back of a county road grader while driving him to school.

Well, I recently was informed that she may have been (and most likely was) texting and driving at the time.

The most unbelievable part for me to swallow is that she is STILL texting and driving to this very day.:(

I'm so sorry to hear that.

The most unbelievable part for me to swallow is that she is STILL texting and driving to this very day.
OMG I'm so sickened to hear this. look forward to meeting him in paradise... a sad reminder to keep your eyes on the road...

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

What does it take if the loss of a son doesn’t make her hate texting and driving..:confused:

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..