JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Collaborative singing our songs

I have read all your suggestions, and probably we're going to sing "Just Around The Corner". There are a lot of beautiful songs, some are a little bit difficult to sing, some are easier. Maybe we can start from it at the first time! What do you all think?

I have made instrumental version of this song, but I think I will remake it a little bit.

Edited by Intercore

37 minutes ago, Intercore said:

I have read all your suggestions, and probably we're going to sing "Just Around The Corner". There are a lot of beautiful songs, some are a little bit difficult to sing, some are easier. Maybe we can start from it at the first time! What do you all think?

I have made instrumental version of this song, but I think I will remake it a little bit.

What were the top 3 songs, most of the friends selected from the list?

Psalms 51:6 "In the secret self...may you cause me to know sheer wisdom"

2 hours ago, Intercore said:

I'm happy to record melody and harmony parts, if you like  

So, just record our song....upload in MP4 format....and you'll do the rest?

How soon do you need them? What's the deadline?

Edited by JudyO

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

4 hours ago, JudyO said:

So, just record our song....upload in MP4 format....and you'll do the rest?

How soon do you need them? What's the deadline?

Okay, that's all info.

Cause it's decided to sing "Just Around The Corner", at first, I will remake it a little bit. It will be instrumental version. Then I will send all you the song. Is it okey to have a week to record it? Later on, you will send your records to me, probably via e-mail.

Info about recording. Please record whole song. It would be nice if you would record with headphones/earphones that your voices wouldn't be recorded together with song, I mean, that I wouldn't hear the music in background, only your voices. It would be perfect if you used app called "Audacity", but if it's not possible or it's hard enough to understand how to use that app to record, it's okay. 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I've got audacity.  I didn't realise you can record directly onto it.  Can you put up the steps to do this?  Maybe include preferred output (.wav ok?)

Do you have the link to the words for the song, please?

STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL HOW TO USE "AUDACITY" TO RECORD YOUR VOICE

1. Upload instrumental version what you'll get later. You can drag it from desktop/any folder or click "File" --> "Open" --> select MP3 file --> "Open". After that it should look like this.

5a2cffca2f879_1step.thumb.JPG.006fb7c4cf87d4b5e9eb203c030a49c7.JPG

2. Select your microphone with what you will record your voice. Then be sure that sound come through headphones, not your speakers. It probably will be selected automatically because you will put your headphones into your computer earlier (if you're laptop user and don't have external microphone, use your laptop's microphone). If it still selected as "Speakers", choose "Headphones". Leave everything else as it is.

5a2d01ebbeb8c_2step.JPG.becdef6a15ecff1f007482dcf647488d.JPG

3. Be calm, relax, take your time. And then click that red button to record. Your voice will go exactly along with song. Sing from the heart! :)

P.S. Pay attention to distance from the microphone. Microphone should be a little be closer your lips but not very close. You can try several times and listen, if there are any noise, distortions or something like that. I know that you'll hear it while listening your recorded voice :)

5a2d027a45d1c_3step.JPG.9a8b31cecf26a4686ee6237cac8f8b89.JPG

4. Your recorded voice will be under the song. Don't forget to delete the song from the whole record. It's simple - just click that little cross on the top left of song. DON'T DELETE YOUR VOICE RECORD ACCIDENTALLY! :D

5a2d04f341de8_5step.JPG.dbe3b10d02c597c9af0c5a466af1c967.JPG

After all, It should look like this.

5a2d05773843c_6step.thumb.JPG.1629e6e783882f82fe82836ae53f1747.JPG

5. Then click "File" --> "Export Audio" --> save it somewhere in your computer. Save the audio in .wav format.

5a2d05dce0bfc_7step.JPG.ee984f4bcf266fd74da5471a74960b16.JPG

5a2d05fbe0173_8step.thumb.JPG.62540daa86429c1eea9337c16170aaaa.JPG

THAT'S ALL!

Edited by Intercore

This is the song what you'll use to record your voice.

There won't be main instrumental melody in the final record of our song, it's only for now, for all your records. Your voices will replace this melody later. :)

1 hour ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Do you have the link to the words for the song, please?

"Just Around The Corner " lyrics

You can hear the songbirds singing,
And you watch the clouds roll by.
Then you’re walking in the valley,
As the sun shines in a clear blue sky.
You’re welcoming your love ones,
And you can’t believe your eyes.
Yes this earthly Paradise,
Was just around the corner.

There’s a house down in the valley,
And a house high on the hill.
There is singing by the river,
As the water flows and turns the mill.
The golden fields are waiting,
Let the harvesting begin.
Once the world we’re living in,
Was just around the corner.

It’s great to share with friends who care,
The things that we look forward to.
Now every tear has disappeared.
The world is young, and life is new.

There’s a sound of happy voices,
And the scent of new mown hay.
Now you’re calling to your loved ones,
As you start another perfect day.
Then we thank our God, Jehovah,
For His tender loving care.
Yes the blessings we all share,
Were just around the corner.

And ev'ry day I smile and say,
"How good to see your happy face!"
'Cause once, it seemed, I only dream,
That you’d be in my warm embrace.
Waiting 'round the corner,
Is a world I long to see.
It’s a promise from Jehovah,
It’s a guaranteed reality.
And it’s hard to get downhearted,
When I think of what’s in store.
It’s the day I’m waiting for,
And it’s just around the corner.

Edited by Intercore

3 hours ago, Alexa said:

Brother irmantas, does audacity works for smartphones? :)

3 hours ago, ivy said:

I'm in... But, I don't have earphones/ headphones, and I'm from smartphone :(

Sisters, you can record using voice recorder on you smartphone. If you have tablet or other smartphone, from one you can play the song, and record your voice to other device.

Sister @ivy, maybe you can borrow phones from someone?

Edited by Intercore