JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Collaborative singing our songs

On 19/12/2017 at 3:06 PM, JudyO said:

Here's my rendition. Warning: listen at your own risk.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArNkTtXAgvGC1jzvIVLOqz7sW9nc

Here is my contribution - NOTE: I am singing harmony to JUDY's voice and key.  (I've made a few dud notes but maybe Bro Irmantas can fix that).

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjL2klJxlNRppWnTjYgIgF_9FW83

R

Edited by sunshine

3 hours ago, sunshine said:

Here is my contribution - NOTE: I am singing harmony to JUDY's voice and key.  (I've made a few dud notes but maybe Bro Irmantas can fix that).

R

Lovely!!!  Just lovely!!!^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I'm sorry, but I just cannot sing this song.  I don't know what it is, maybe I'm a tone deaf cow, but I do know I cannot sing this song.  Sorry, but I'll be bowing out.  I have tried to record it no less than 50 times and it sounds more and more horrible. 

11 hours ago, cerebral ecstasy said:

I'm sorry, but I just cannot sing this song.  I don't know what it is, maybe I'm a tone deaf cow, but I do know I cannot sing this song.  Sorry, but I'll be bowing out.  I have tried to record it no less than 50 times and it sounds more and more horrible. 

It was hard for me, too. I can sing it in my own key and at my own pace, but I really had to change the way I sing it to make it work for this collaborative effort. Please don't let this affect your everyday enjoyment of the Broadcast or Kingdom songs. We sing for joy, and to Jehovah, not for others. :crush:

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:40 PM, sunshine said:

R

Thanks very much! Will you sing the main part?

Just the list of collaborators and these which have sent their records (will be updated every time):

@Alexa (sent)

@sunshine (harmony sent)

@Friends just call me Ross (sent)

@Ferb (sent)

@hatcheckgirl (sent)

@tekmantwo

@ivy (sent)

@JudyO (sent)

@2EVES (sent)

@campanula

@Dages

@Nnaemeka

5 minutes ago, JudyO said:

It was hard for me, too. I can sing it in my own key and at my own pace, but I really had to change the way I sing it to make it work for this collaborative effort. Please don't let this affect your everyday enjoyment of the Broadcast or Kingdom songs. We sing for joy, and to Jehovah, not for others. :crush:

Well said! ^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

2 minutes ago, Intercore said:

Thanks very much! Will you sing the main part?

Just the list of collaborators and these which have sent their records (will be updated every time):

@Alexa (sent)

@sunshine (harmony sent)

@Ferb (sent)

@hatcheckgirl (sent)

@tekmantwo

@ivy (sent)

@JudyO (sent)

@2EVES (sent)

@campanula

@Dages

@Nnaemeka

Are you going to wait until everyone sends in their recordings, or have you already started and just add others in as you receive them?

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

Just now, JudyO said:

Are you going to wait until everyone sends in their recordings, or have you already started and just add others in as you receive them?

I have started, but I can't work on this fully, only preparing voices, editing them and etc. When I will have all the voices, then I will start to work seriously, cut/clip them, make duos, trios, chorus... :D

10 minutes ago, Intercore said:

I have started, but I can't work on this fully, only preparing voices, editing them and etc. When I will have all the voices, then I will start to work seriously, cut/clip them, make duos, trios, chorus... :D

That sounds like SO much fun!

A couple of years ago, I did readings for Librivox and did editing, etc, using Audacity. I just loved it!

Wish that was what my real, day to day job was about!

2 minutes ago, JudyO said:

That sounds like SO much fun!

A couple of years ago, I did readings for Librivox and did editing, etc, using Audacity. I just loved it!

Wish that was what my real, day to day job was about!

Mm, you have some experience! Yesss, this is so interesting job, it's not a job really, it's entertainment! :D

Edited by Intercore

12 hours ago, cerebral ecstasy said:

"I have tried to record it no less than 50 times"

I believe you... I did at least 25 recordings because I sing much higher than this song, but it didn't work. I had to do in a lower key which felt & sounded horrible, but I reasoned that this is not meant to be a professional recording, just another fun project like with Lucy's collaborative reading. Besides, when the brother edit and polish it up, it'll be alright. So, submit what you got.... it's all beautiful to Jehovah's ear! :)

Psalms 51:6 "In the secret self...may you cause me to know sheer wisdom"

9 minutes ago, Skye said:

I’d like to sing....please assign me a portion of the song?

I'm not sure if it's too late to join, but we just sang the whole song and sent it to Irmantas (he'll need to give you his email, as the file is too big for our site).  Ask him if he can ease in another singer!  More is better :)

3 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I'm not sure if it's too late to join, but we just sang the whole song and sent it to Irmantas (he'll need to give you his email, as the file is too big for our site).  Ask him if he can ease in another singer!  More is better :)

Everything is alright, Lucy!

@Alexa (sent)

@sunshine (harmony sent)

@Ferb (sent)

@hatcheckgirl (sent)

@ivy (sent)

@JudyO (sent)

@2EVES (sent)

@campanula

@Dages

@Nnaemeka

@Skye

@yelxab (sent)

I have to say bad news about records... If it would be too hard for you to record it again, never mind then. :)

@Alexa, I tried to reduce your recording's noise as much as possible but it's too strong and intense. I thought I could hide it as it would interblend in chorus, but that didn't happen. Unfortunately, that noise is very loud and doesn't sound nice. If you will record your voice again, please be closer to microphone.

@sunshine, your harmonies are very good! But sadly, when I rise up it to E major (the original key), your voice sound very unnatural and it become distorted. You've said that this song is too low for you to sing it, but is it the same situation with harmonies?

Edited by Intercore