JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Collaborative singing our songs

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:31 AM, Friends just call me Ross said:

You can hear my contribution here:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=45EB4F58006663B6!109&cid=45EB4F58006663B6

Remember, we won't attain to perfection until the end of the thousand years. ^_^

Very nice! But I have a couple of questions. I'm trying to record mine tonight, but I wondered, how did you know how long to pause for the music that will be added?

I was thinking about listening in headphones so I can tell how long to pause, but then I thought that might be confusing if I'm singing in a different key.

Help!

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

Okay, I've recorded it using Audacity as a WAV file. Can you take it? Or does it need to be an MP3?

Now, I'm going to try to upload it, but I didn't have much success in the past.

Here goes...

Nope, it tells me I can only upload 1003.52 kb

What do I do now?

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

11 minutes ago, JudyO said:

Okay, I've recorded it using Audacity as a WAV file. Can you take it? Or does it need to be an MP3?

Now, I'm going to try to upload it, but I didn't have much success in the past.

Here goes...

Nope, it tells me I can only upload 1003.52 kb

What do I do now?

Do you have a One Drive? 

If you don't, pm Brother Irmantas for his email addy and send it to him.^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

5 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Do you have a One Drive? 

If you don't, pm Brother Irmantas for his email addy and send it to him.^_^

Did you play the instrumental version he posted? I tried to sing it just now and the key is too high for me. I couldn't sing it as low as you did (it hurts my throat) so I sang it in my normal key--I don't know which key--maybe a "C"? I hope he can work with it.

51 minutes ago, JudyO said:

Did you play the instrumental version he posted? I tried to sing it just now and the key is too high for me. I couldn't sing it as low as you did (it hurts my throat) so I sang it in my normal key--I don't know which key--maybe a "C"? I hope he can work with it.

I tried to sing it to the instrumental version he posted, but it kept stopping and starting. 

So I finally just sang to the JW Broadcast version.

Brother Irmantas is very talented.  I believe it will all work out. :D

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

5 hours ago, JudyO said:

Very nice! But I have a couple of questions. I'm trying to record mine tonight, but I wondered, how did you know how long to pause for the music that will be added?

I was thinking about listening in headphones so I can tell how long to pause, but then I thought that might be confusing if I'm singing in a different key.

Help!

2 hours ago, JudyO said:

I synchronise voice with music by the visual waves, I make them look like the others. Key isn't important, tempo is important. So, if you sang this song in the same tempo as original, it's okey. And what about key.. At least I can try to rise your voice up to E key, if I will know how to do this. :)

51 minutes ago, JudyO said:

Here's my rendition. Warning: listen at your own risk.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArNkTtXAgvGC1jzvIVLOqz7sW9nc

That was AWESOME, Sister Judy!!!

BEAUTIFULLY done!!! ^_^

2 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

That was AWESOME, Sister Judy!!!

BEAUTIFULLY done!!! ^_^

You are so sweet to say that! I am well aware of my flaws, but I do love singing the Kingdom songs, whatever form they come in! 

On 12/17/2017 at 11:48 PM, Intercore said:

Brother, but let's try! I know, our voice always sounds worse for us than it really is. So, probably it's not so bad! 

As self-conscience as I already am, this just made it all the more worse for me. I'm not even singing as loud as I once did at the meetings because of how I know I sound, now that I've heard my voice without music. Thank goodness for music and volume...to drown me out.  

4 minutes ago, CouveBro said:

As self-conscience as I already am, this just made it all the more worse for me. I'm not even singing as loud as I once did at the meetings because of how I know I sound, now that I've heard my voice without music. Thank goodness for music and volume...to drown me out.  

Hmm... So? Your verdict? :D:)

2 hours ago, cerebral ecstasy said:

You sound lovely! 

I did a trial run in the bathroom, mine sounds not even close to as lovely as yours! 

Thank you, but my tempo was off and so I will need to do it again. Hope the second time is what we need! I'm so excited about this project and can't wait until all our voices are blended.

1 hour ago, cerebral ecstasy said:

I've also discovered, this particular song doesn't touch my heart at all.  I mean I look forward to it all of you, but none of my family are inheriting it and frankly that makes me a bit sad.

But I cry every time I see the couple welcome their child back.

Agreed, I do like seeing the child be resurrected. 

Am also worried about my tempo, since having this health issue, I can't manage my breathing as well as I used to, and I get breathless from reading and singing.  I'm waiting to sing it again when I can put some positive feeling into it.  Right now I'm feeling a bit negative :zipmouth:

24 minutes ago, cerebral ecstasy said:

Agreed, I do like seeing the child be resurrected. 

Am also worried about my tempo, since having this health issue, I can't manage my breathing as well as I used to, and I get breathless from reading and singing.  I'm waiting to sing it again when I can put some positive feeling into it.  Right now I'm feeling a bit negative :zipmouth:

What is great about the collaborative effort is that when our voices blend, we won't be so self-conscious. Drink hot tea with honey and keep your throat wrapped up. Do some breathing exercises. Think "we" not "I". Of course, I'm feeling pretty good tonight. I had the RV talk tonight for the CO's visit. I was nervous, but it went well. tomorrow I might be more negative, too. 

Edited by JudyO

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mx_pXjODb-FAxNI4KY7qpQa7RLUzcrnP/view?usp=drivesdk

I totally understand what Hope was saying about this song being difficult to sing. It took me at least 25 takes :sweat:  before I realized that I can't sing it... I had to just talk. Listening to Ross and Judy's contribution helped a lot. They did good and made it sound so easy. :)

Psalms 51:6 "In the secret self...may you cause me to know sheer wisdom"

Just the list of collaborators and these which have sent their records (will be updated every time):

@Alexa (sent)

@sunshine

@Friends just call me Ross (sent)

@Ferb (sent)

@hatcheckgirl (sent)

@tekmantwo

@ivy (sent)

@JudyO (almost sent)

@cerebral ecstasy

@2EVES (sent)

@campanula

@Dages