JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Collaborative singing our songs

On 12/5/2017 at 4:40 PM, Intercore said:

What do you all think if we choose one song (it can be from tv.jw.org or one of our songbook), split into some pieces (it depends from how much collaborators will be) and record it?

Funny, I was having the same idea at about the same time this thread was posted, but didn't see this thread until now.  Admittedly I was thinking it about a Kingdom Song rather than one of the 'original songs', one of the ones that's still arranged as a four-part harmony.  When I fill in the form, am I supposed to just select one song, like a vote, or just click any song I'd be willing to participate in?  I'd be willing to participate in any really.

On 12/11/2017 at 10:09 AM, ivy said:

Where to send? It seems my file is too big to be sent by PM? :confused:

I uploaded my part (14MB) to my OneDrive Public and PM'ed

Brother Irmantas the web addy.

From there, he can download it to his computer.:D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

10 hours ago, Ferb said:

Funny, I was having the same idea at about the same time this thread was posted, but didn't see this thread until now.  Admittedly I was thinking it about a Kingdom Song rather than one of the 'original songs', one of the ones that's still arranged as a four-part harmony.  When I fill in the form, am I supposed to just select one song, like a vote, or just click any song I'd be willing to participate in?  I'd be willing to participate in any really.

Now it doesn't mean anything because we decided to sing "Just Around The Corner". But of course, if you want, you can participate! You can record it till the end of the week or over a longer period of time, if it will be needed. 

9 hours ago, CouveBro said:

This sounds like so much fun...I don't have the best voice but that's not what it's about, right? HAHA  Can I still join in?

Of course you can!

12 hours ago, sunshine said:

I'd like to do some harmony too.   Maybe if I can receive Mandy's harmonies I can work around them.  I guess its in the same key as the Original?

Yeah, it's the same A major.

55 minutes ago, Hope said:

You know what?  The song is both too low and too high for me to sing well :(  I could sing the harmony to a male voice singing the melody... but I don't think I can do this proper justice as it is.  I'm so sorry...  

Next song, for sure!

Yeah... me too... maybe because it's a male tone? But, I just sang ahead no matter how unstable my voice was singing this song...

:bouncing:

2 hours ago, Hope said:

You know what?  The song is both too low and too high for me to sing well :(  I could sing the harmony to a male voice singing the melody... but I don't think I can do this proper justice as it is.  I'm so sorry...  

Next song, for sure!

So you won't sing the song this time?

1 hour ago, sunshine said:

Have we got a male voice?  Can you post it? It's true its too low for most female voices ... (girls will sing it an octave higher)

I dont sing higher for my cover up now sis rosie :)

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

On 12/5/2017 at 11:40 AM, Intercore said:

Sister Lucy indirectly gave me another collaboration idea :D

What do you all think if we choose one song (it can be from tv.jw.org or one of our songbook), split into some pieces (it depends from how much collaborators will be) and record it? Then I would try to mix it up, edit a little bit and voila! It's not important if you have amazing voice or not, it's just for fun and happiness. 

Who's interested?

When you get ready to actually start this topic, please start it in the Deep Research forum and we'll pin it like we did the collaborative reading.  

7 hours ago, Intercore said:

So you won't sing the song this time?

I can't manage it... it doesn't sound good. I'd need a different key... it's too high for me to sing an octave higher and too low to sing as is.  We need a nice male tenor voice or a proper soprano.

I want to sing but only if I can do it proper justice :(

5 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

When you get ready to actually start this topic, please start it in the Deep Research forum and we'll pin it like we did the collaborative reading.  

It already started :D So it can be pinned.

5 minutes ago, Hope said:

I can't manage it... it doesn't sound good. I'd need a different key... it's too high for me to sing an octave higher and too low to sing as is.  We need a nice male tenor voice or a proper soprano.

Sad, but understandable. Not every song can fit to singer. 

10 hours ago, Hope said:

I have the same problem, maybe you have heard what I have recorded? I have sent it to you through e-mail @Intercore

:bouncing:

22 hours ago, sunshine said:

Have we got a male voice?  Can you post it? It's true its too low for most female voices ... (girls will sing it an octave higher)

19 hours ago, Intercore said:

Not yet.

Denise and I will give it a try. ..she has a beautiful singing voice and I don't. ..

12 minutes ago, sunshine said:

Is there a way for others to hear not just Brother Irmantas - I don't know if I can do a harmony but I certainly can't unless I hear the lead and/or other harmonies.

You can hear my contribution here:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=45EB4F58006663B6!109&cid=45EB4F58006663B6

Remember, we won't attain to perfection until the end of the thousand years. ^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif