JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russian spy Sergei Skripal and daughter 'targeted with nerve agent', police confirm

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2238 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

For those unfamiliar, there was report of spies here in the UK that were said to be poisoned. 

There is more recent news, this time going further into Russian relations with the UK. 

http://www.itv.com/news/2018-03-07/russian-spy-sergei-skripal-and-daughter-exposed-to-nerve-agent-police-confirm/

Evidence of foul play will put further strain on already tense relations between Whitehall and the Kremlin.

Theresa May has backed calls to boycott the World Cup in Russia if Moscow is shown to have been involved.

Mrs May told MPs at Prime Minister's Questions that the Government would "look at whether ministers and other dignitaries should attend" the tournament.

A Cobra meeting was convened on Wednesday, while Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson has described Russia as a "malign and disruptive force".

A Kremlin spokesman described Mr Skripal's illness a "tragic situation", but added that it didn't have "any information".

The Russian Foreign Ministry accused Western media of using the incident to "incite an anti-Russian campaign".

Police have made a fresh appeal for witnesses and maintain that they do not believe there is a risk to the wider public.

Counter-terror police took over the investigation from Wiltshire Police on Tuesday owing to the incident's "unusual circumstances".

Richard Walton, the former head of Scotland Yard's counter-terrorism unit, warned that if a Kremlin link is established it could have "grave consequences for UK-Russia bilateral relations".

Police have not speculated on a link with Moscow.

Putin was accused of ordering the murder of Alexander Litvinenko, after a public enquiry.  The deaths of 14 others are being reexamined, they may be Russian-ordered executions, but mistaken as 'suicide', natural causes, etc.

It is really like a return to the cold war ethos. I think Putin sees himself as a modern Stalin.

The world goes on, with you know who, cheering away! For now. Can you imagine his rage, knowing he’s about to be put, “in jail”?

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I think this is interesting and potentially significant.

I also think there's a lot more to come on this.

I may be going out on a limb here but I personally believe Russia is the "King of the North". Not sure if that's the general consensus currently, but I've been of this opinion for some time and especially so in light of recent developments regarding our freedom of worship there (or lack of it).

I'm particularly interested in Daniel's prophecy, chapter 11, verses 44 & 45 in particular. I can't help feel that what Russia has done by outlawing JW's in that country shows he has 'planted his royal tent between the grand sea (the general population) and the holy mountain of decoration (Jehovah's organisation)' effectively preventing anyone from attaching themselves to Jehovah's organisation in that country. He appears to have gone out in a 'great rage to annihilate and devote many to destruction'.

The last part of verse 45 says 'he will come all the way to his end, and there will be no helper for him'.

If this is indeed the case, then the first verse of chapter 12 helps us to appreciate where we are in the stream of time, as it says: 'during that time Michael will stand up...in behalf of your people'.

That being the case, the Great Tribulation may be upon us imminently!

I'll definitely be watching this closely.

For sure. This is going to be very interesting to say the least. Next weeks midweek is sure named properly with what is going on in the world. Even how trump has thrown the US support in backing the UK. Incredible. Even france has said it was criminal.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

16 hours ago, Dave said:

I think this is interesting and potentially significant.

I also think there's a lot more to come on this.

I may be going out on a limb here but I personally believe Russia is the "King of the North". Not sure if that's the general consensus currently, but I've been of this opinion for some time and especially so in light of recent developments regarding our freedom of worship there (or lack of it).

I'm particularly interested in Daniel's prophecy, chapter 11, verses 44 & 45 in particular. I can't help feel that what Russia has done by outlawing JW's in that country shows he has 'planted his royal tent between the grand sea (the general population) and the holy mountain of decoration (Jehovah's organisation)' effectively preventing anyone from attaching themselves to Jehovah's organisation in that country. He appears to have gone out in a 'great rage to annihilate and devote many to destruction'.

The last part of verse 45 says 'he will come all the way to his end, and there will be no helper for him'.

If this is indeed the case, then the first verse of chapter 12 helps us to appreciate where we are in the stream of time, as it says: 'during that time Michael will stand up...in behalf of your people'.

That being the case, the Great Tribulation may be upon us imminently!

I'll definitely be watching this closely.

I totally and utterly agree with you.  I wouldn't be surprised if Russia launched a cyber attack as well as dispel  people.

Im sure that everything thats happening.. is happening for a reason. 

Watch this space !

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

21 hours ago, Dave said:

I can't help feel that what Russia has done by outlawing JW's in that country shows he has 'planted his royal tent between the grand sea (the general population) and the holy mountain of decoration (Jehovah's organisation)'

Isn’t that scripture referring to the attack of the GOM which will happen during the GT just before Armageddon?

On 3/13/2018 at 2:38 PM, Whitley M said:

Whats going on? 

Spy poisoning: Russia 'underestimates UK allies' - Nato - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43429152

Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said Nato was undergoing its biggest strengthening of collective defence since theend of the Cold War.

The UK believes Russia is behind the 

poisoning, although Moscow denies this.

Meanwhile, investigators say 131 people may have been exposed to the chemical used in the attack in Salisbury.

On 15/03/2018 at 11:14 AM, Awakened said:

Isn’t that scripture referring to the attack of the GOM which will happen during the GT just before Armageddon?

You may be right about the timing. The way things have developed in recent times seems to indicate we're heading in that direction. It could escalate.

Its fascinating to watch.

Edited by Dave

Gog of Magog as spoken of in Ezekiel is a coalition of nations (most likely including Russia), but Daniel is speaking of the king of the north specifically which is quite different from GOM. 

I find it interesting that in the UN, Russia hasn't had anyone stand up support it yet. They're acting alone here.

Edited by Dave