JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Examining the Scriptures Daily - 2017

katielou

Tuesday, April 4

The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.—1 John 5:19.

Much of what this world promotes runs counter to the standards set forth in the Bible. Of course, not everything the world offers is evil. However, we should expect that Satan would use his world to exploit our desires and try to induce us to sin or to develop love for the world and neglect our worship of Jehovah. (1 John 2:15, 16) Evidently, love for the world affected some first-century Christians. For example, Paul wrote: “Demas has forsaken me because he loved the present system of things.” (2 Tim. 4:10) The Bible does not specifically say what aspect of the world Demas loved, causing him to abandon Paul. It could be that Demas began to love material things more than spiritual pursuits. If that was the case, Demas missed out on thrilling spiritual privileges—and for what? Could the world possibly offer Demas anything that would surpass the blessings Jehovah could give him as an associate of Paul?—Prov. 10:22. w15 5/15 2:10, 11

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Unfortunately I know someone like Demas and is so hard to motivate him to return to Jehovah ..hmm love of the world. :(

11 hours ago, GrumpysWife said:

Could the world possibly offer Demas anything that would surpass the blessings Jehovah could give him?

What price can be put on immortality in heaven?

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

2 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

What price can be put on immortality in heaven?

Right, that's what I thought. He gave up being one of Christ's brothers. Can you imagine? I guess that how strong that love can be sometimes , and why we are warned over and over about it. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Wednesday, April 5

Jehovah is merciful and compassionate.—Ps. 103:8.

Jesus sensed the pain of others, even those whose exact circumstances he had never experienced. For instance, the common people lived in fear of the religious leaders, who deceived them and burdened them with many man-made rules. (Matt. 23:4; Mark 7:1-5; John 7:13) Jesus was never frightened or deceived, but he could understand situations that he had not lived through. Therefore, “on seeing the crowds, he felt pity for them, because they were skinned and thrown about like sheep without a shepherd.” (Matt. 9:36) Like his Father, Jesus was loving and compassionate. When Jesus saw people suffering, he was moved to show them love. Thus, he perfectly reflected the love of his Father. After one extensive preaching tour, Jesus and his apostles were about to go to an isolated place to get some rest. Because he felt pity for the crowd awaiting him, however, Jesus took time “to teach them many things.”—Mark 6:30, 31, 34. w15 5/15 4:3, 4

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Thursday, April 6

I was especially fond of the sons of men.—Prov. 8:31.

God’s firstborn Son was the earliest and most complete expression of Jehovah’s unfathomable wisdom. He was wisdom personified, “a master worker” alongside his Father. We can only imagine the joy and satisfaction that he experienced as his Father “prepared the heavens” and “established the foundations of the earth.” However, though appreciating these inanimate things, God’s firstborn Son “was especially fond of the sons of men.” (Prov. 8:22-31) Yes, Jesus has a fondness, or tender affection, for mankind that stretches back to his prehuman existence. Later, as proof of his loyalty and love for his Father, as well as of his deep love for “the sons of men,” God’s Firstborn willingly “emptied himself” and came to be in the likeness of men. He did so in order to provide “a ransom in exchange for many.” (Phil. 2:5-8; Matt. 20:28) What love he has for the human family! w15 6/15 2:1, 2

Friday, April 7

God sent his only-begotten Son into the world so that we might gain life through him.—1 John 4:9.

Do you appreciate what Jehovah has done for you? Then it would be fitting to dedicate your life to Jehovah and get baptized. Remember, dedication involves a solemn promise to Jehovah to do his will forever, no matter what happens. Should you be afraid to make such a commitment? Not at all! Bear in mind that Jehovah has your best interests at heart, and he is “the rewarder of those earnestly seeking him.” (Heb. 11:6) Dedicating yourself to Jehovah and getting baptized do not make your life worse. On the contrary, serving Jehovah will make your life better. How different Jehovah is from Satan, whose interest in you is only selfish! Satan offers no lasting reward to those who side with him. And really, how can he give you something that he does not possess? w16.03 2:16, 18, 19

Memorial Bible reading: (Daytime events: Nisan 9) Luke 19:29-44

Yes !today is the start of memorial bible reading . I read it! then as  I was going through my work locker I come across this book JESUS, The way, The truth ...yes u know it. Well , page 238 ,paragraph 1 say; The next day Sunday Nisan 9 JESUS leaves Bethany ...question;  Does this mean "today" would have been "Nisan 9 "or we just reading it from that point...in the scriptures.? I feel it is.but decided to check..

Saturday, April 8

Father, I thank you that you have heard me. True, I knew that you always hear me.—John 11:41, 42.

For your relationship with Jehovah to be real, you must be convinced that he is hearing prayers. Consider this: From his prehuman existence, Jesus observed firsthand Jehovah’s response to the prayers of His human servants. Then, during his earthly ministry, Jesus used prayer as his means of communicating his feelings to his Father in heaven. Would he have done so—even spending an entire night in prayer—had he thought that Jehovah was not really listening? (Luke 6:12; 22:40-46) Would he have taught his disciples to pray had he thought that prayer was nothing more than a psychological crutch? Clearly, Jesus knew that prayer is real communication with Jehovah. We too can have confidence that Jehovah is the “Hearer of prayer.”—Ps. 65:2. w15 4/15 3:11, 13

Sunday, April 9

Abba, Father, all things are possible for you; remove this cup from me. Yet, not what I want, but what you want.—Mark 14:36.

When you pray humbly in the presence of your children, they will learn to rely on Jehovah. Ana, who lives in Brazil, states: “When there were problems, such as when my grandparents were ill, my parents would ask Jehovah to give them the strength to cope with the situation and the wisdom to make good decisions. Even when under terrible pressure, they left their problems in Jehovah’s hands. As a result, I learned to rely on Jehovah.” When you pray with your children, do not pray just for them. Ask Jehovah to help you too—perhaps to help you speak to your employer about getting time off for a convention, to give you courage to witness to your neighbor, or to help you in other ways. Humbly rely on God, and your children will learn to do so too. w15 11/15 1:7, 8

Memorial Bible reading: (Daytime events: Nisan 11) Luke 20:1-47

To all, praying to cope with situations and have wisdom to make good decisions is a prayer we needed for ourselves while we pray for the brothers and sisters in need and in persecution... 

Prayers imitates others :) 

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

Monday, April 10

You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.—Matt. 22:37.

One of the best ways that you can grow in your love for Jehovah is to meditate on the greatest gift Jehovah has provided—the ransom sacrifice of his Son. (2 Cor. 5:14, 15;1 John 4:9, 19) Thinking about the ransom and what it means for you will motivate you to respond appreciatively. Your response to the ransom might be illustrated this way: Imagine that someone rescued you from drowning. Would you simply go home, dry yourself off, and forget about what was done for you? Of course not! You would certainly feel indebted to the person who rescued you. The fact is, you would owe that person your life! We owe Jehovah God and Jesus Christ much more. Because of this great act of love, we now have the incomparable prospect of living forever on a paradise earth! w16.03 2:16, 17

Memorial Bible reading: (Daytime events: Nisan 12) Luke 22:1-6; Mark 14:1, 2, 10, 11