JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Just a social media witnessing posting

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2179 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Don’t know if this is the right place for this.

Thought it was worth a shot.

On one of my facebutt pages, Dr. Mercola asked, “If you could choose, would you live forever?”

Naturally I couldn’t let that one go. So I posted”

“Actually, I’m looking forward to Jesus’ promise (by means of God’s Kingdom and his son Jesus as King) of everlasting life on a paradise earth. That’s my hope, an earthly hope. But first as also promised the wicked and evil ones have to go. That’s another promise. From world conditions today things are about to change very soon.”

Naturally there were a lot of the usual beliefs posted. Well, than I get this reply:

“God does not have a son! Jesus Christ is his servant! Wake up people.”

So, I just had to reply:  

“When Jesus came up out of the water when he was baptized. Matthew 3:17 “Look! Also, a voice from the heavens said: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved”

Waiting on any further backlash. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Well you defended your belief and the Bible's teaching about Jehovah and Jesus. What they do with the information is their call..but there will be others following the conversation that will see now that his statements are not true, and may show interest..good for you however it works out...it's hard to stand by and let anyone say lies about Jehovah and/or Jesus without speaking up.. 

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

12 minutes ago, Dove said:

Well you defended your belief and the Bible's teaching about Jehovah and Jesus. What they do with the information is their call..but there will be others following the conversation that will see now that his statements are not true, and may show interest..good for you however it works out...it's hard to stand by and let anyone say lies about Jehovah and/or Jesus without speaking up.. 

I probably mentioned this before more  than once. But the hardest one that I can never ignore is the one when a loved one passes away that God needed them. :angry: Jehovah has enough mud thrown at him. 

But I never heard before that Jesus was just a servant of God....and not his son. Weird.

1 minute ago, RichardPNZ said:

Jesus's baptism account really does disprove the Trinity doctrine.  If the Trinity was true it would be this is me descending from the heavens , to land on me the son ,  so I can say this is me the son whom I have approved.  So many logic holes when you think about it.

..and telling John to look for him to land on him so John knows it's him...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I make it  a point never to get into a conversation about spiritual things online. It's been my experience that religious conversations on social media are inherently no-win-scenarios. JWTalk is my only exception to this. The whole internet is practically designed to give trolls a megaphone.

Good luck, but I wouldn't get into explaining point-for-point with the internet. There simply isn't time. :lol:

So far I’m quite surprised I had some interesting quotes of scripture going along my thought.  

Just checked and and I have 7 “likes” for my posts. 

I know it can most certainly be casting pearls before swine, but sometimes it’s hard to resist. 

Edited by Loopy

1 hour ago, Thomas Walker said:

make it  a point never to get into a conversation about spiritual things online. It's been my experience that religious conversations on social media are inherently no-win-scenarios. JWTalk is my only exception to this. The whole internet is practically designed to give trolls a megaphone.

I don't either as far as public posts go, but I have had a chance to witness occasionally by private chat when the opportunity presents itself. One lady turned out to be a former nun with mild autism who wouldn't listen to anyone who came to her door, but couldn't escape the message completely because she heard it from me. :)

19 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

I make it  a point never to get into a conversation about spiritual things online. It's been my experience that religious conversations on social media are inherently no-win-scenarios. JWTalk is my only exception to this. The whole internet is practically designed to give trolls a megaphone.

Good luck, but I wouldn't get into explaining point-for-point with the internet. There simply isn't time. :lol:

Thomas - I feel the same.....

side note - you might not want to use the term “good luck” - reference ‘goddess of Luck’

23 hours ago, Loopy said:

They could be Muslim who believe Jesus was a prophet but not the son of God. 

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

On 4/7/2018 at 2:55 PM, Loopy said:

On 4/7/2018 at 3:29 PM, Loopy said:

But I never heard before that Jesus was just a servant of God....and not his son. Weird.

Exactly as Burt mentioned above, Muslims frequently say exactly that. I used to meet lots of Muslims when I served in a French congregation, several coming from Arabic speaking countries where the second language is French (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia). I got to know their beliefs somewhat. They are monotheistic, so they do not believe in a Trinity, but they also do not believe God has a son. They only believe Jesus was a prophet, or servant, of God.

I got an English translation of the Qur'an from a Muslim once. So I found this quotation interesting from Surah (chapter) 4, verse 172:

... So believe Allah and His Messengers, and say not "They are three." Desist, it will be better for you. Verily, Allah is the only One God. Far is it from His Holiness that He should have a son...

On 7.4.2018 at 8:55 PM, Loopy said:

On 8.4.2018 at 10:14 PM, Sheep said:

Exactly as Burt mentioned above, Muslims frequently say exactly that.

That's the first thing I thought of.

Generally, I don't debate Muslims anymore because I have the opinion that if they are eager to debate, they are mostly desperately trying to keep reconvincing themself of their awkward belief system.

Still, an interesting point in this regard is that according to islamic tradition, angels are created from the "light of fire" or from water or other "elements", while demons were created from its smoke. Fire is not an element, however, but a manifestation of a chemical reaction. (in reality, all of these traditions of the origins of angels go back to ancient Arabian mythology). So a lot of Muslims now believe these concepts are more "metaphorical", meaning that these are figurative expressions and that God did not actually light a fire and then a bunch of angels scattered out of it. In the same way, it is to be believed that Jesus, as the other angels, are metaphorically sons of God and not actual offspring, similar to the same way that Adam was the son of God (Luke 3:38), created directly through God's power.