JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NEW VIDEO - David Splane - I Do Not Know You - (Matt 25: 12)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2065 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I immediately took away this point from this outstanding talk: ultimately, it doesn't really matter if the Bible allows for an evil slave, even though he proved it doesn't, because not keeping on the watch will result in destruction when Jesus comes during the GT. The evil slave will be destroyed for becoming "evil".

I am happy they took the time to thoroughly answer the questions about the evil slave in the manner that they did; using biblical proof, letting the Bible explain itself, and reasoning on the matter.

Well done!

Edited by Bob

16 minutes ago, Bob said:

I am happy they took the time to thoroughly answer the questions about the evil slave in the manner that they did; using biblical proof, letting the Bible explain itself, and reasoning on the matter.

The WT 7/15/13 has a good article about it, so I assume the 2012 Annual Meeting had the clarified belief talk. Too bad JWB doesn't have the 2012 AM...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Few questions arise in my mind after watching the video.

So this is about (mainly) anointed ones..

If the "evil slave" is hypothetically found out during Christ' coming and he is cast out (lack of oil)

From the transcript: If the virgins are faithful they will be rewarded if not they will be punished.

Will immediate replacement of that person be in place ? from other sheep? (set number of anointed is 144.000)

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

7 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

If the "evil slave" is hypothetically found out during Christ' coming and he is cast out (lack of oil)

From the transcript: If the virgins are faithful they will be rewarded if not they will be punished.

Will immediate replacement of that person be in place ? from other sheep? (set number of anointed is 144.000)

Great question!

Its logical that any “evil” individual will be immediately replaced. The number 144k is fixed, the other sheep is not fixed. So that makes sense.

Since we believe the anointed will be in heaven sometime after the start of the GT but before Armageddon, the interval in between should be long enough for a replacement to be chosen if need be.

Just my opinion.

I must apologize.  I answered without listening to the video first.  The reference in Br. Splane's presentation is from our 2013 RNWT and he is noting the regular marginal references (center cross-reference).  At the end of the printed line in Matthew 24:48 there is a marginal note citation marked with the small italicized letter "j".  That indicates that we should look in the center cross-reference (about half-way down the center of the page) and find the matching italicized letter "j".  When you do, you will see it suggests that you look at Luke 12:45,46 as a related scripture.

This is the "j" he was referring to in this instance.  At other times a comment might be made referring to another manuscript that offers insight on a particular verse and that manuscript may be designated as one of the "J" numbers that I cited earlier.  Again, my mistake.

18 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

I think we can credit our anointed brothers who have made it to the exact moment of the Groom's appearance to be of the faithful "fully-oiled" variety.  The apparent "delay" has lasted over 100 years.  Those who left to look for oil may have already gone shopping years ago (and not necessarily waited until 30 seconds before the Christ arrives in judgement).  So it probably will not happen at the last instant.  But to address the question...yes there will be 144,000 anointed...so if there is a need for a last minute replacement, Jehovah will make that call.  He intends to have a "complete" bride for his son.

6 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I think we can credit our anointed brothers who have made it to the exact moment of the Groom's appearance to be of the faithful "fully-oiled" variety.  The apparent "delay" has lasted over 100 years.  Those who left to look for oil may have already gone shopping years ago (and not necessarily waited until 30 seconds before the Christ arrives in judgement).  So it probably will not happen at the last instant.  But to address the question...yes there will be 144,000 anointed...so if there is a need for a last minute replacement, Jehovah will make that call.  He intends to have a "complete" bride for his son.

Yes i know John, it was just hypothetical question ..although it could happen in real life

satan will try to the end to mislead the "chosen ones" and take "oil" from them

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

13 hours ago, jwhess said:

I must apologize.  I answered without listening to the video first.  The reference in Br. Splane's presentation is from our 2013 RNWT and he is noting the regular marginal references (center cross-reference).  At the end of the printed line in Matthew 24:48 there is a marginal note citation marked with the small italicized letter "j".  That indicates that we should look in the center cross-reference (about half-way down the center of the page) and find the matching italicized letter "j".  When you do, you will see it suggests that you look at Luke 12:45,46 as a related scripture.

This is the "j" he was referring to in this instance.  At other times a comment might be made referring to another manuscript that offers insight on a particular verse and that manuscript may be designated as one of the "J" numbers that I cited earlier.  Again, my mistake.

Thanks John. I understand about marginal references but in the study bible, it not a j. That’s why I was asking.   Rlyem, answered, he had the printed copy, there’s a difference in the letters for that reference.  Never knew that before.   Same reference, just different letters.  

On 7/30/2018 at 8:44 PM, Tortuga said:

The WT 7/15/13 has a good article about it, so I assume the 2012 Annual Meeting had the clarified belief talk. Too bad JWB doesn't have the 2012 AM...

I think all of us treasure that entire Watchtower. The clarifications were so well explained. 

i really like it when the information starts out by saying  something like: this is how we originally understood these verses. But after further study we feel the need for some clarification. And than they explain it in such a way that it make it so easily understood. 😁😁

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

4 hours ago, momma said:

Thanks John. I understand about marginal references but in the study bible, it not a j. That’s why I was asking.   Rlyem, answered, he had the printed copy, there’s a difference in the letters for that reference.  Never knew that before.   Same reference, just different letters.  

Yes, I see the reference note is a "B" not a "J" in the Study Bible online.

On 7/31/2018 at 11:38 AM, Bob said:

Since we believe the anointed will be in heaven sometime after the start of the GT but before Armageddon, the interval in between should be long enough for a replacement to be chosen if need be.

I'm not sure I'm understanding the question correctly. :)

The GT begins only after the remaining of the 144,000 are sealed in their foreheads (Rev. 7:3). That means that from that point onward, Jehovah guarantees that all of them will be faithful to the end. So no replacements will be needed after the GT begins.

Now if the question means is there can be replacements just before they are sealed, I guess that's technically possible but quite unlikely. Whoever becomes a silly virgin will probably have left some time before that.

We say 'IF', an anointed one is unfaithful during the Great Tribulation. But that WON'T happened. Because ALL of the remnant of the anointed ones, will have ALREADY EARNED THEIR FINAL SEALING, just right BEFORE the start of the Great Tribulation. Down to the VERY LAST ANOINTED ONE. That choice to award each faithful anointed one with their FINAL SEALING, will be by Jehovah with his PERFECT CHOICE to determined that award ON TIME. So no, ALL ANOINTED during the Great Tribulation, will NOT MESS UP INSIDE IT. Again, Jehovah ALREADY MADE HIS PREFECT CHOICE, based on each anointed one, PERFECTLY for their Final sealing BEFORE the start of the Great Tribulation.