JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library

1 hour ago, JohnG said:

I am no expert, but I have been using JW Library on Windows 10 and Android systems for some time now (I love it).

I too have had some problems with JW Library, especially in Windows 10.

1.  Keep Windows 10 up to date (automatically get updates).  (We live in a dangerous world.  Those updates are helping to keep you safe!)

2.  The JW Library programmers are doing their best to keep up, but there is no way to tell YOU of every tiny change they make. 

SO, go to the Microsoft Store and install the JW Library AGAIN.  (Do this as needed.)

I know, it says you already have it, but trust me, you need to re-install JW Library to get the latest updates.

3.  I have seen a few cases where I had to completely un-install, and then re-install JW Library, to get it working properly again.

4.  Be SURE to BACKUP your JW Library from time to time.  This is the best way to insure you do NOT lose your high-lighting and notes.

I will cover "Backing Up" in another post, later today.

YLB: JohnG

Welcome Br. John, these are good reminders, thanks.

If you are having to reinstall JW Library to get the latest updates, then something is wrong.  Apps from an app store are automatically updated as and when an update is made.  Or, as in the case of the Microsoft Store, you can click on Get Updates to force it to check for updates.  This way, app writers do not need to tell you, the app store does it for you.  You can tell when an app has updated as it will be listed, together with the build number.

6 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

Apps from an app store are automatically updated as and when an update is made.  Or, as in the case of the Microsoft Store, you can click on Get Updates to force it to check for updates.  This way, app writers do not need to tell you, the app store does it for you.

Br. Jonathan, not all of us have the "auto-update" feature turned on.  I have experienced some bad updates in the past and now I manually update my devices.  You are correct in saying that the updates should function without re-installing the app.

On 12/12/2018 at 8:07 PM, jwhess said:

Sr. Gloria, when you open the app and click on the Bible (holding it horizontally might help in "landscape mode). Do you see the language choices in the upper right corner?  The language icon is a rectangle with the letter "A" and a foreign letter.  It is between the "bookmark" ribbon icon and the "history" clock icon.  Click on the language rectangle.  It will show the versions of the Bible you have already loaded.  Is the English Study Bible listed first?  If it is, look to the right.  Is there a "cloud" symbol shown?  If there is, you need to click on theat "cloud" symbol to update your Bible.  Then close the app and restart it.

Thank you so much for this post.  My wife could 't get the gems on her mobile phone.  I tried all things to sort it, couldn't figure it out at all.  I'm looking forward to learning more from this forum.  I appreciated the moderation and the two step approval process.  Your Brother Colin

check that you have the  Windows 10 with build greater then 14393.0  

Keeping up with Windows updates isn't good enough, check that its the correct build. If not, run "Windows10Upgrade9252.exe" its free on Microsoft's Web Site.

Even if its the correct build, run this program regardless.It will update the windows and then your JW app will work correctly.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
24 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

The updated S-38-E 10/19 has just been posted to JW Library.

For those who either don't remember or did not know ... S-38 is the "Instructions for Our Life and Ministry Meeting" ... the "-E" is for the English version

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

It has been updated on my Android devices as well as my PC (Windows)

All the new changes for this year are specified - 

There is an interesting change for the Congregation Bible Study

13. Congregation Bible Study: Thirty minutes or less. This part is assigned to a qualified elder. (Where the number of elders is limited, qualified ministerial servants may be assigned, as needed.) The body of elders should determine who is qualified to conduct the Congregation Bible Study. Those approved should be able to preside in a meaningful way so as to keep the study on time, emphasize the key scriptures, and assist everyone to appreciate the practical value of the points covered. They will find helpful principles by reviewing published direction regarding how to conduct the Watchtower Study. After the assigned material for the week has been thoroughly covered, there is no need to prolong the study.

BTW - it has not been updated yet on the WT Library (DVD for PC)

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

3 hours ago, Thesauron said:

The updated S-38-E 10/19 has just been posted to JW Library.

I just updated JWL app on my android devices and under pending updates the S-38 was there, and after updating it, at the bottom of the instructions it still says 9/18..no change in the info. about the Bible Study..:(

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

I just updated JWL app on my android devices and under pending updates the S-38 was there, and after updating it, at the bottom of the instructions it still says 9/18..no change in the info. about the Bible Study..

You might need to perhaps restart the app and/or download the file again. Then file has changed quite a lot.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

might need to perhaps restart the app and/or download the file again

Thank you! I restarted my phone and the app, deleted the manual and re-downloaded it again, and now it is the 10/19 copy!👍

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif