JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Lose weight

22 minutes ago, Loopy said:

a glass of water, 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and try adding a tablespoon of lemon juice to it.

I think I just found the perfect solution! I just added it to a cup of hibiscus tea (Passion by TZAO if anyone is curious). It works. Yay! Now I can drink this at least twice a day. 😁

35 minutes ago, Saffron said:

Thank you for the recommendation. I will definitely give it a try when I get to my goal weight. Maybe one day I can try lentils too. I love them. 

As of now, even what people consider to be good carbs create a problem. They also, for me and people like me, hinder fat loss. I'm still trying to lose weight, so I have to be strict for now. 

I do know a young sister who went this direction though, with great results. She stopped all sugar, but ate things like brown rice routinely. She lost all of her weight (30 lbs) fairly quickly and felt fantastic. She was young and healthy to begin with though. So yes, I agree. Anything in this direction is helpful. But people with more severe problems may need to do something more extreme to get results. Thus keto. Cutting unhealthy carbs did nothing for me. 

Millet won't put weight on and is an alkaline grain which will also help your joints.  Oily fish is good for joints.  I'm cooking sardines later - trouble is they stink the house out :D

1 hour ago, Loopy said:

To a glass of water, 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and try adding a tablespoon of lemon juice to it. 😋

...and a shot of brandy??? :whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I really like the taste of acv.. It has a clean refreshing taste. I could eat it off a spoon.

Just have to be careful to protect your teeth cos the acid could erode the enamel..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

28 minutes ago, Loopy said:

No! 😁 

Not in mine. 

I'll have one in mine :p

3 minutes ago, Dove said:

I really like the taste of acv.. It has a clean refreshing taste. I could eat it off a spoon.

Just have to be careful to protect your teeth cos the acid could erode the enamel..

Yes after drinking it I drink some more plain water and swish about

On 3/1/2019 at 10:28 AM, Naturale said:

When the emphasis is on health then a normal weight happens naturally.  I make sure to eat a massive pile of raw veg at least 3 times a week, the bigger the better.  It usually includes lettuce, chicory, celery heart, broccoli, cucumber, avocado, sweet tomatoes etc.  I usually have it with a simple dressing of lemon and cold pressed olive oil, and add fresh herbs, a dash of soy.  Served usually with a baked sweet potato and a normal potato. I'll have a handful of chickpeas or beans usually but sometimes tuna.  I'll often have pile of Sauerkraut on the side as it is good for gut bacteria. (It is good to give attention to your gut bacteria and learn about how to improve it)    I eat a lot of brown rice and millet in the week, sometimes quinoa and other whole grains with whatever else I have, usually pulses but sometimes fish or chicken, always loads of different veg and I try and make things different and interesting  in all sorts of ways.  

Breakfast is usually egg and toast and sometimes with cold salmon, sometimes cheese.

Kimchi is good for the gut as well and nice on salad too.  I quite like it with fish.

@Naturale, your eating habits sounds similar to the one I had when I was on a diet that was mostly comprised of foods that are believed to reduce inflammation.
It was based a bit on Andrew Weil's Food Pyramid.

I actually lost a LOT of weight on that diet.
I just didn't eat much soy which the pyramid recommended, because all soybeans in the US are genetically modified to be "roundup ready"

Edited by Katty

3 hours ago, Katty said:

@Naturale, your eating habits sounds similar to the one I had when I was on a diet that was mostly comprised of foods that are believed to reduce inflammation.

I just didn't eat much soy which the pyramid recommended, because all soybeans in the US are genetically modified to be "roundup ready"

I agree with what you're saying. I have eliminated most everything for my diet except for the basic essential Foods. There are so many GMOs that I have to stick with the basic organically grown vegetables, and very few at that, my homegrown beef, pork, chicken, and organic fruits which are very few that I can have. So far I can have only four. This system is so toxic that many of us have to choose what works for us. I have found that a simple diet works the best and in the new system I am going to eat absolutely everything. For me the first thing will be sourdough everything. But for now? I will only eat a select few ingredients.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

15 hours ago, Katty said:

Yes anything genetically modified is to be avoided and is scary. Certainly I feel alive eating lots of raw veg and it is delicious and yes weight loss tends to happen naturally so that the ideal weight is achieved even though you can eat as much as you like.  I eat like this partly on the advice of a nutritionist and partly because of someone else who inspired me because of the energy he had and how healthy he looked. I do it so many days a week and I find that for me it is easier to maintain long term like that.  It's definitely done wonders for my skin and hair.

19 hours ago, Naturale said:

I've bought some Montmorency Cherry concentrate.  There is no sugar in it just cherries.  Add a little to a glass of water.  

Sour cherry is used for osteoarthritis, muscle pain, fibromyalgia, muscle soreness after exercise, diabetes, high blood pressure, gout, and insomnia. It is also used to improve exercise performance, increase urine production, and help digestion

Edited by Naturale

• 2 weeks later...

I am very happy to say that I had to order 2 new tops and matching sweaters for the meetings and service. My clothing had become so big you can see down to my navel if I bend over! So no no no that's not going to happen. I'm having a garage sale on the Memorial Day weekend and I'm putting all my bigger clothes in that sale.

Also I have noticed when I sit in my seat at the Kingdom Hall there's more room in the seat, I have to reach more for the armrest to put my arms on! I guess I was really not aware of how big I was. I still have a ways to go but it's coming off faster, if not the pounds definitely the inches are coming off. I even have to buy new nightgowns because my regular ones won't stay on my shoulders. Not to mention my shoes I need to go shoe shopping because my meeting shoes don't fit anymore.

Anybody else noticed these changes in themselves?

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

13 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

I am very happy to say that I had to order 2 new tops and matching sweaters for the meetings and service. My clothing had become so big you can see down to my navel if I bend over! So no no no that's not going to happen. I'm having a garage sale on the Memorial Day weekend and I'm putting all my bigger clothes in that sale.

Also I have noticed when I sit in my seat at the Kingdom Hall there's more room in the seat, I have to reach more for the armrest to put my arms on! I guess I was really not aware of how big I was. I still have a ways to go but it's coming off faster, if not the pounds definitely the inches are coming off. I even have to buy new nightgowns because my regular ones won't stay on my shoulders. Not to mention my shoes I need to go shoe shopping because my meeting shoes don't fit anymore.

Anybody else noticed these changes in themselves?

I've lost over six inches on my waist.  Good thing I put all my slim meeting clothes in storage.

I just have to clean and iron them and I'm good to go. (tu)

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I have suits I used to wear to meeting but my body is different from when I was 40. Because my neck is fused I have a hard time with suit collars because it hangs on the fusion, I mostly go for more sweater sets with a scarf. 

Nice to hear your progress Ross.