JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Zany food ... what do you want to try?

When Dalbyj and myself get together ... (which hasn't been as much as we would have liked) we aim to try different and unusual food. So far, it's only been Wasabi Chocolate and Deep Fried Ice cream balls.  - both we could have done without.

What do YOU want to try that you haven't before, and what do you recommend for Dalbyj and myself to try next time?

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

33 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

When Dalbyj and myself get together ... (which hasn't been as much as we would have liked) we aim to try different and unusual food. So far, it's only been Wasabi Chocolate and Deep Fried Ice cream balls.  - both we could have done without.

What do YOU want to try that you haven't before, and what do you recommend for Dalbyj and myself to try next time?

Donuts? :lol2: LOL

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

33 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

Donuts? :lol2: LOL

You are SO unpredictable - NOT!

26 minutes ago, Brother Arellano said:

I am a fan of the spice. When I go out I like to try a new spicy dish. Wings are a particular favorite. Personally I carry my own hot sauce. But at any level outside your comfort norm or can be an adventure. 

I have a study who has the Caroline Reaper sauce ... I'm game but  not that game.

22 minutes ago, cricket246 said:

Try moki It's a sweet asian rice dough filled with ice cream - they are amazing or pocky - an asian sweet breadstick covered in chocolate or strawberry candy. ^_^

The first option sounds right down our road.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Ohhh the wasabi chocolate .. now that brings back some memories! It tasted terrible but it was such fun to try it! Mands do you realise that it was more than 10 years ago that we tried that?

I'm liking the sound of the spicy dishes - but not too spicy - I am also not very brave, but I do like a little bit of a kick to my food. 

5 hours ago, Stormswift said:

You are SO unpredictable - NOT!

Unpredictable -NOT  when it comes to donuts ..yes, we are in full agreement :thumbsup:

You mention food... :whistling:

I associate food with donuts ..we are still on topic, I fully support this discussion  LOL  :lol1:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

9 hours ago, Stormswift said:

I have a study who has the Caroline Reaper sauce ... I'm game but  not that game.

I actually use the sauce made from peppers hotter than the carolina reaper.  Like many things learning to appreciate spicy things is a gradual process. Carolina reaper peppers actually have a very lovely flavor and is my go to in a lot of recipes. 

Edited by Brother Arellano

4 hours ago, Brother Arellano said:

I actually use the sauce made from peppers hotter than the carolina reaper.  Like many things learning to appreciate spicy things is a gradual process. Carolina reaper peppers actually have a very lovely flavor and is my go to in a lot of recipes. 

Wow, Brother. I just saw a scale that said the Reaper is the hottest..which one do you use that is hotter?..I grew some Thai peppers last year that people loved.

1 hour ago, Wanda Hill said:

Wow, Brother. I just saw a scale that said the Reaper is the hottest..which one do you use that is hotter?..I grew some Thai peppers last year that people loved.

Actually the carolina reaper WAS the hottest. Now it’s number 3. Pepper X and chocolate pepper X both are estimated as twice as high on the scoville scale. To be fair these were created by the same man who brought us the ever tasty reaper. 

• 3 months later...

I made a hot and sour soup - really nice. A litre of beef stock, a tablespoon of sriracha sauce, a quarter cup of rice wine vinegar and the same quantity of light soy sauce. Brought to the boil, then simmered.  Add a 'slurry' of cornflour and water 3 (teaspoons of cornflour or so). Add a few sliced button mushrooms, cauliflow florets cut small (and/or broccoli) etc. Little bits of veggies you fancy.

Then stirring the soup, pour in two beaten eggs a little at a time.

Beautiful.

5 hours ago, ivy said:

Durian with sticky rice please... :whistling:

Beware, One French man. said that eating durian is like "eating custard on a toilet seat. It smells like hell but tastes like heaven". :D

Make sure you use the concave part of the durian husk to drink water from. It is said to remove the smell from your mouth. Don't want to walk around with the odious smell lingering around. 

I've already had Unagi. It's actually very good when prepared well, especially if you're a fan of the savory.
I live in south Louisiana, so I kinda feel like our food is already wacky. We eat crayfish whole, pinching the meat out of the tail and sucking the head, some people (not me, eww) eat raw oysters. I have had crabs right out of the shell, as well as gator meat, however. I might try some of the more exotic cajun food that some of the old timey cajuns cook like turtle, nutria...I've even known people who ate squirrel.

Katty,

That sounds much like the food that is eaten here in Florida. They eat all those foods here.

As for squirrel, that is also common food as is quail, rabbits and, for some, armadillo - and even mud fish.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Crouching tiger, hidden donkey

<The restaurant was shut down and fined and the director of the nearby Hengdaohezi Siberian Tiger Park, China's largest centre for breeding the highly endangered animals, reassured the public there was no way meat from its big cats had made its way to the dinner table>.

Wondering if the movie by Ang Lee was any good. Quite sure no dragons were eaten.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/crouching-tiger-hidden-donkey-20050908-gdm148.html

Edited by M'Awan

• 2 weeks later...
I've already had Unagi. It's actually very good when prepared well, especially if you're a fan of the savory.
I live in south Louisiana, so I kinda feel like our food is already wacky. We eat crayfish whole, pinching the meat out of the tail and sucking the head, some people (not me, eww) eat raw oysters. I have had crabs right out of the shell, as well as gator meat, however. I might try some of the more exotic cajun food that some of the old timey cajuns cook like turtle, nutria...I've even known people who ate squirrel.
And boudin (boodain)? What about boudin (boudain)?... Delicacy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

And boudin (boodain)? What about boudin (boudain)?... Delicacy? emoji23.png

I think you mean the Engish poutain and not the Franch one.  One version of the English poutain: Tater tots layered with melted cheese, sausage gravy, bacon, chives and a sunny side up egg. Oh so yummy, Or did you meant the Boudain as in Anthony?  :lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I think you mean the Engish poutain and not the Franch one.  One version of the English poutain: Tater tots layered with melted cheese, sausage gravy, bacon, chives and a sunny side up egg. Oh so yummy, Or did you meant the Boudain as in Anthony?  

No... I'm referring to down by the bayou boudin (boodain)!