JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Discussion Forum
Stormswift

Zany food ... what do you want to try?

When Dalbyj and myself get together ... (which hasn't been as much as we would have liked) we aim to try different and unusual food. So far, it's only been Wasabi Chocolate and Deep Fried Ice cream balls.  - both we could have done without.

What do YOU want to try that you haven't before, and what do you recommend for Dalbyj and myself to try next time?

33 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

When Dalbyj and myself get together ... (which hasn't been as much as we would have liked) we aim to try different and unusual food. So far, it's only been Wasabi Chocolate and Deep Fried Ice cream balls.  - both we could have done without.

What do YOU want to try that you haven't before, and what do you recommend for Dalbyj and myself to try next time?

Donuts? :lol2: LOL

33 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

Donuts? :lol2: LOL

You are SO unpredictable - NOT!

26 minutes ago, Brother Arellano said:

I am a fan of the spice. When I go out I like to try a new spicy dish. Wings are a particular favorite. Personally I carry my own hot sauce. But at any level outside your comfort norm or can be an adventure. 

I have a study who has the Caroline Reaper sauce ... I'm game but  not that game.

22 minutes ago, cricket246 said:

Try moki It's a sweet asian rice dough filled with ice cream - they are amazing or pocky - an asian sweet breadstick covered in chocolate or strawberry candy. ^_^

The first option sounds right down our road.

Ohhh the wasabi chocolate .. now that brings back some memories! It tasted terrible but it was such fun to try it! Mands do you realise that it was more than 10 years ago that we tried that?

I'm liking the sound of the spicy dishes - but not too spicy - I am also not very brave, but I do like a little bit of a kick to my food. 

5 hours ago, Stormswift said:

You are SO unpredictable - NOT!

Unpredictable -NOT  when it comes to donuts ..yes, we are in full agreement :thumbsup:

You mention food... :whistling:

I associate food with donuts ..we are still on topic, I fully support this discussion  LOL  :lol1:

9 hours ago, Stormswift said:

I have a study who has the Caroline Reaper sauce ... I'm game but  not that game.

I actually use the sauce made from peppers hotter than the carolina reaper.  Like many things learning to appreciate spicy things is a gradual process. Carolina reaper peppers actually have a very lovely flavor and is my go to in a lot of recipes. 

Edited by Brother Arellano

4 hours ago, Brother Arellano said:

I actually use the sauce made from peppers hotter than the carolina reaper.  Like many things learning to appreciate spicy things is a gradual process. Carolina reaper peppers actually have a very lovely flavor and is my go to in a lot of recipes. 

Wow, Brother. I just saw a scale that said the Reaper is the hottest..which one do you use that is hotter?..I grew some Thai peppers last year that people loved.

1 hour ago, Wanda Hill said:

Wow, Brother. I just saw a scale that said the Reaper is the hottest..which one do you use that is hotter?..I grew some Thai peppers last year that people loved.

Actually the carolina reaper WAS the hottest. Now it’s number 3. Pepper X and chocolate pepper X both are estimated as twice as high on the scoville scale. To be fair these were created by the same man who brought us the ever tasty reaper.