JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Extreme Weather Shatters World Record

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1876 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This was on CNN News/Feb 1, 2019

It's now 18F degrees here in my neck of the woods.  Am sure other places are minus 1 in other places too. And our brothers/sister's down under, are melting, 118, 120, 125 degrees.  World climate changing, and changing fast. 

Moved to Mainstream News

Here in Ohio it's record lows, and then our Australian brothers and sisters are melting. Ain't that so @Stormswift :D

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

January 2019 was Australia’s hottest month ever recorded

If you think we’re just having another typical summer, think again. Meteorologists have confirmed the January heat was off the charts. The scorching January followed on from the hottest December ever which means Australia is possibly having its hottest summer ever. Last year was Australia’s third hottest year on record. https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/climate-change/january-2019-was-australias-hottest-month-ever-recorded/news-story/fb87ee6a9840fc2d403776712a58905e

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

4 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

Australia is possibly having its hottest summer ever.

I sympathize with you Brother,  I have lived and worked in areas that hit 122-125F (50C) every summer.  (So Cal desert)

That's a part of why I like living where I do, in the foothills where it doesn't get so hot...

2 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

I sympathize with you Brother,  I have lived and worked in areas that hit 122-125F (50C) every summer.  (So Cal desert)

That's a part of why I like living where I do, in the foothills where it doesn't get so hot...

Today's weather ...+38C, tomorrow +40C.....fun ...fun ...fun...

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I believe global warming may be a real thing but I wonder how it would explain extreme cold temperatures.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

It’s relatively warm here in North Texas. It’s almost 7:30 PM and it’s 58 degrees. It will be 80 degrees Monday...

5767AF12-92AD-4CB4-8C72-CAFB1907C039.jpeg

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

2 hours ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

Moved to Mainstream News

Here in Ohio it's record lows, and then our Australian brothers and sisters are melting. Ain't that so @Stormswift :D

Lol you calling me an Aussie? Hmmm?

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

19 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

I believe global warming may be a real thing but I wonder how it would explain extreme cold temperatures.

Quite simply ... as the poles melt more moisture/water are being drawn up into the usual rain cycle, also in areas where temperatures are heating say Australia right now, that too it taking moisture from the ground into the atmosphere so the regions where they are getting winter where it's usually cold there's a lot more moisture to generate and compound exisitng conditions - not to mention how temperature rises also affect the jet streams and oceans .. definitely affecting the balance.

An interesting thing we've noticed that every time we have the hottest day the northern hemisphere is having their coldest. When we receive a day of relief from the heat again, the Northern Hemisphere experiences relief from the cold. It's most interesting.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Speaking of poles melting more, NASA just discovered that in West Antarctica the Thwaites Glacier has a massive cavity on its underside, the void is estimated at about thousand feet tall and two-thirds the size of Manhattan Island. If the ice in Thwaites Glacier all melted, it would raise the oceans by 2 feet around the world.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericmack/2019/01/31/a-massive-hole-found-in-a-glacier-in-antarctica-is-really-bad-news-for-beach-homes-everywhere/#5c1568fa580f