JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Two Oil Tankers Torpedoed...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1778 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

17 minutes ago, paulc said:

Two oil tankers torpedoed in Straights of Hormuz... they’re already blaming Iran... should be interesting.. things can change so quickly!  

Source please!

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/gulf-of-oman-tanker-attacks-everything-you-need-to-know

Shades of Gulf of Tonkin.

It looks more provocative than it looks like an attempt to sink a vessel. Single torpedo attacts are typically not designed to sink a large vessel. A spread of four would be more  likely for an attack on tankers of that size.

Who do you think would profit from a event tlike this? 

Is someone pulling the strings?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

TV news in Oz says that makes 6 attacks this month. 80% of Australasia supply comes through this channel. Fuel price immediately rose 4%

Apparently Japanese PM there. TV reports there is increase in the underlying tension between US & Iran, and PM is trying to smooth the waters.

Just Older

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/pompeo-blames-iran-forblatant-assault-on-oil-tankers-in-the-middle-east/2019/06/13/9b3c75ae-8e0d-11e9-b162-8f6f41ec3c04_story.html?outputType=amp

5532c1ffc49ab8fc857d90a8a5ce3421.jpg

1 hour ago, Old said:

It looks more provocative than it looks like an attempt to sink a vessel. Single torpedo attacts are typically not designed to sink a large vessel. A spread of four would be more  likely for an attack on tankers of that size

I watched a couple of the talking heads and one former military intelligence(oxymoron, anybody?) advisor suggested it could have been Iranian combat swimmers attaching magnetic limpet bombs to the ships.

Supposedly both vessels reported hearing separate and distinct explosions,  2 blasts on one vessel, 3 on the other ship.

The US Navy has reportedly discovered one unexploded limpet mine on the Kokuka Courageous, which could account for the different blast numbers heard by crewmembers ...

An attack like that is well within Iranian naval forces capabilities, and would be more stealthy than a sub launching torpedoes, although anything is possible when it comes to fools and their penchant for conflict..... 

Edited by tekmantwo

I really should proof read better...lol

25 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

I watched a couple of the talking heads and one former military intelligence(oxymoron, anybody?) advisor suggested it could have been Iranian combat swimmers attaching magnetic limpet bombs to the ships.

Supposedly both vessels reported hearing separate and distinct explosions,  2 blasts on one vessel, 3 on the other ship.

The US Navy has reportedly discovered one unexploded limpet mine on the Kokuka Courageous, which could account for the different blast numbers heard by crewmembers ...

An attack like that is well within Iranian naval forces capabilities, and would be more stealthy than a sub launching torpedoes, although anything is possible when it comes to fools and their penchant for conflict..... 

Iran has no interest in starting a war, therefore, I don't think it was Iran. If the US attacks Iran the war will be worse than the one in Afghanistan. A similar thing always happens when governments look for a reason to start another war. WW2 started when Germans dressed up their soldiers and raided a radio station in Germany killing all the staff. The attack on Iraq started when Americans made up the trucks that were supposed to be hidden chemical weapon labs. Why would Iran start a war? It is a nice and friendly country but our western propaganda shows it as the worst enemy ever.

1 hour ago, tekmantwo said:

Jerry, what is it you're thinking here, a false flag op?

I haven't got a opion, I know that if any party with interests in that area wanted to sink those ships there are at least four that could pull it off. Definetley a provocation, but by whom? What is to be gained by these attacks is still unknown. Historically we have seen this type of event in the  Gleiwitz incident and Gulf of Tonkin incident. Both incedents were an were used as propaganda to start a war. :(

6 minutes ago, Old said:

I haven't got a opion, I know that if any party with interests in that area wanted to sink those ships there are at least four that could pull it off. Definetley a provocation, but by whom? What is to be gained by these attacks is still unknown. Historically we have seen this type of event in the  Gleiwitz incident and Gulf of Tonkin incident. Both incedents were an were used as propaganda to start a war. :(

Thanks.

I guess we will watch and see, eh?

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo gave a statement a few hours ago, he said peace and security at least twice in a 4 minute presentation. I'm sure that piqued some interest, somewhere...

1 hour ago, tekmantwo said:

Thanks.

I guess we will watch and see, eh?

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo gave a statement a few hours ago, he said peace and security at least twice in a 4 minute presentation. I'm sure that piqued some interest, somewhere...

I would not pay to much attention on peace and security words. It must be something to do with a general attitude of people. For example, there was one after the Great War. Here there are just meaningless words, a gabble. I am sure it won't be something announced by one politician, it will be a general and common feeling, an impression.

cui prodest scelus is fecit

PS. There is a lot of countries who are interested in blaming Iran:

Israel - they want to destroy Iran and destabilise the Middle East.

Russians - They would like the US to be involved in a war but would like even more the oil prices to go up as it is their main source of income.

Chinese - The US at war means less attention near China's shore and less eager to start an economic war.

Edited by tarcamion

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/apr/29/whale-with-harness-could-be-russian-weapon-say-norwegian-experts

I'll just put this here and see if any Conspiracy theorists take the bait...

🤣🤣

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I don't quite understand. Is the tanker being attacked with terpedoes or sea mines? limpet bomb is an old technology used by the Nazi to sink allied ships without the need for physical contact.

17 minutes ago, tuntun said:

I don't quite understand. Is the tanker being attacked with terpedoes or sea mines? limpet bomb is an old technology used by the Nazi to sink allied ships without the need for physical contact.

Limpet bombs have been used by frogmen of all nations. They consist of strong magnet, a high explosive device and a timer, usually of the acid type, thus giving the agents time to get away or for the ship to get to tactical poisition such as the mouth of a harbor before exploding.  For a complete description of an actuel raid see the film "The Cockle Shell Heros" starring Mel Ferrer or research here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limpet_mine

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/apr/29/whale-with-harness-could-be-russian-weapon-say-norwegian-experts

I'll just put this here and see if any Conspiracy theorists take the bait...

🤣🤣

It is not a conspiracy theory. It is a well-known fact. Russians have a long tradition of using trained animals for military purposes. For example, since 1936 they were using trained dogs for fighting tanks. The dogs with explosives attached to them were trained to go under a German tank and then a magnetic detonator would explode them. They also used dolphins and small whales to do the same to ships. They are far better at finding submarines than people. Russians have long experience in training animals. Have you heard of Pavlov's dogs?

Basically, it was an operation with a high level of expertise so it simply had to be Iran according to Pompeo, it's that simple.

I can imagine another country with the same resources and capabilities trying to push some countries to war with Iran, its greatest enemy.

Whatever happens, I hope it happens quickly and has a major impact. Peace and security? Fine by me!

2 hours ago, JennyM said:

Was this just a reason for them to raise oil prices? 

Probably not. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Basically, it was an operation with a high level of expertise so it simply had to be Iran according to Pompeo, it's that simple.

I can imagine another country with the same resources and capabilities trying to push some countries to war with Iran, its greatest enemy.

Whatever happens, I hope it happens quickly and has a major impact. Peace and security? Fine by me!

Iran has long suffered economic sanctions from America. committing acts of terror will make their economic situation become more entangled

17 hours ago, Old said:

Who do you think would profit from a event tlike this? 

There is an interesting article from last year that is linked to the article you posted. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/how-iran-would-lose-by-mining-the-strait-of-hormuz

If an article like this has already been posted...sorry

https://wgntv.com/2019/06/14/us-releases-video-it-claims-shows-iran-removing-unexploded-mine-from-gulf-tanker/?fbclid=IwAR1bfLJZ2nC3h8rlp6VvHPKINCfzkteR6gQDnOiLZ4syxqKSn08r_43_A2s

The United States has blamed Iran for an attack on two tankers in the Gulf of Oman, releasing video footage that it claims shows an Iranian patrol boat removing an exploded mine from one of the vessels’ hulls.

The Kokura Courageous and Front Altair tankers were attacked in international waters Thursday, prompting the evacuation of both vessels and raising fears of further confrontation in one of the world’s most strategic shipping lanes at a time of high tensions between the US and Iran.

The explosions, which sparked a fire on at least one of the two ships, are still under investigation. US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo blamed Iran for the incident, citing intelligence assessments, the weapons used, the level of expertise required and the similarity to other recent attacks.

On Thursday night, US Central Command released a video which it said shows Iranian sailors removing a mine from the Kokura Courageous’ hull.

In the video, a smaller boat is shown coming up to the side of the Japanese-owned tanker. An individual stands up on the bow of the boat and can be seen removing an object from the tanker’s hull. The US says that object is likely an unexploded mine.

“Iran did do it, and you know they did it because you saw the boat,” President Donald Trump said during a phone interview on Fox and Friends Friday morning, referring to the video.

A senior diplomatic source of a US ally told CNN Friday, “It is a virtual certainty Iran was behind this latest attack. The video now nails it.”

The source added that the goal of the response from the US government thus far is all about publicly exposing Iranian actions and intensifying maximum pressure.

Iran has denied any involvement in the incident, with its foreign minister suggesting that the US was quick to make allegations “without a shred of evidence.”

On Friday, the president of the Japanese shipping company that owns the Kokuka Courageous held a press conference in Tokyo, in which he denied that a mine had been used in the tanker attack.

The President of Kokuka Sangyo Marine, Yutaka Katada, said he believed there was “no possibility of mine attack” owing to the attack being “well above the naval line.”

Katada said he had not seen the images released by the US military, but referenced the account of a crew member who witnessed the second blast and saw a “flying object.”

The International Association of Independent Tanker Owners (Intertanko) said the vessels were hit “at or below the waterline, in close proximity to the engine room,” and added that the attacks “appeared to be well-planned and coordinated.”

Another of US official told CNN that multiple Iranian small boats have entered the area where the USS Bainbridge continues to be on the scene, prompting US Central Command to issue a statement saying, “No interference with USS Bainbridge, or its mission, will be tolerated.”

The attack could provide more fodder for Iran hawks within the US administration, whose recent Iran saber-rattling has frustrated President Donald Trump. One of them, national security adviser John Bolton, announced last month that the Pentagon was deploying the USS Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group and a bomber task force to the Middle East in response to a “number of troubling and escalatory indications and warnings” from Iran.

The two tankers — one carrying oil and the other transporting chemicals — were attacked near the strategically important Strait of Hormuz, a vital shipping route that has been the focal point of regional tensions for decades. Roughly 30% of the world’s sea-borne crude oil passes through the strategic choke point, making it a flashpoint for political and economic friction.

Article continues

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”