JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pioneer Book Download

20 hours ago, More4me2do said:

Is the JW merge a standalone app or does it require JW library installations as I have the backup files if it would be a standalone app I could merge the backups and import them on my Android devices.

I haven't used it but I don't think it requires to have JW Library installed. You just need two backup files and it will merge them into one. Then you can restore that backup onto any device you wish.

On 6/25/2019 at 9:27 PM, tarcamion said:

I agree it is not worth a lot without the school. I used to be a full-time pioneer and have one and the book was not a reward in any way to me. Nobody serves Jehovah for a book. The school has some value in it by the way you look at the Bible, Jehovah and the congregation. Similarly, the book "Organized" is available for everyone to download.

Yes, the book is not a reward. It's a textbook for a school. You go to a school you receive the documentation for the school

I didn't go to the school, but my wife did and nobody told her she would need to hide the book from me. I didn't read it because I was not in the school, but not because I was forbidden to do it. It was just knowing your place. BTW your place as a publisher requires you to have and read the od book. That's why everybody had it even before it was available online

When I was an attendent for the IC I received special instructions. My wife didn't. But it was not classified, she could read it if she wanted but it was directed to me in order that I could do a good work. On her case it would be just for the sake of satisfying her curiosity if she read it...

On the case of the school she doesn't share your opinion. The school has not some value. It has huge value and it was an unforgettable experience for her!

On 6/26/2019 at 11:01 PM, tarcamion said:

Similarly, you can say that Area 51 US army is not secret because you can see it on google maps and there are even road signs directing to the base. 

That's an unfortunate comparison... 

On 6/27/2019 at 12:26 AM, tarcamion said:

I don't have any problems with that. I only said it would be easier for the pioneers if that book was available as other pubs.

That's not a valid reason for the book to be available to everybody. I've never heard of anyone not being able to find the book. The OP probably wanted the book sooner than expected and that's why she didn't knew how to get it. The instructers, the more technological brothers, the elders, all can assist her to get the book

I have no issue with that at all but at the same time, I don't understand the reason why it is kept "classified"

Being that the book is a textbook for the pioneer School and made specifically for the students is not a sufficient reason? (Not classified, just available only to the intended recipients)

I do not criticise that the book is not available. I only shared my observation. I said that the book is available on the internet I can't see any reason why it cannot be available in our app. It is a common argument used by the apostates that we have some secrets and we only give them ammunition for their guns. My argument is related to digital copies only as they can be copied at no cost endlessly.

As I said above, I don't have any problem with that. I know the book is useless without participating in the PS.

When someone wants to load a gun anything serves as ammunition

Besides as far as I know, our organization doesn't make it's policies based on what the apostates say or don't say. And we shouldn't be concernedv with that also

Just follow the chariot and look where you put your feet, don't be concerned with other seats on the chariot

On 6/27/2019 at 3:52 AM, Beggar for the Spirit said:

Thanks John. Yes, I was wondering how PDFs of older publications could be downloaded on JWLibrary App. While the JWL can only accept jwpub files, I was thinking that others had learned to convert PDF to jwpub and then downloaded onto the JWL App. I read a recent post somewhere concerning someone doing this, but I can't remember where I read the post. Or I also could have misunderstood, likely that is the case. :upsidedown:

Neil, there is a brother who had the means to get some older books in jwpub format, probably because he has some privileges that allow him to have it. There is no conversion utility available as a general tool. But it is possible that some perverted mind has that tool so it is possible that some books are available on the wild. I would avoid any external source though, as anything can be tampered with, once a tool like that is made available

Edited by jayrtom

There are some special publications that are available only to certain full time servants. They contain no secrets, and no teachings that aren’t widely available to anyone by going to our digital libraries. They are, however, specifically tailored for certain assignments. They are very helpful to run a smooth organisation in a theocratic manner, and might lay out policies regarding very special circumstances, but they are kind of useless to everyone else.

As for the Pioneer Book, it’s not a secret. If you ask a Pioneer, they will gladly show it to you. It is a textbook that is helpful to those who attend the Pioneer School,

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

At our assembly hall there is a manual on how to use the sound equipment. It contains all kinds of technical details and is only available to the brothers who take care of the sound. Nobody complains that we have a secret sound manual. If it were available for everybody, nobody would care to read it because the info simply is not useful for them. It's the same with the pioneer school textbook or the elders' book. They contain information specific for certain people that is useless for the rest. It's not secret, simply it's not widely available.

If someone went to the sound department and asked some questions out of curiosity or because he's interested in sound technology, the brothers wouldn't have any problem to show him the manual and give him answers. If you ask a pioneer about the school, they won't have any objection to tell you about it and show you some details in their book. When I have asked my elder friends some specific details they have never hesitated to show me what their book says. That can hardly be called a secret. It's just a rational distribution of the information. Each individual receives the information they need.

I was recently asked to assist the brother that was responsible for coordinating the food, coffee and snacks for two Pioneer Service Schools. The classes were in a double KH and my duties required me to spend all day each day in the KH that was being used to feed the pioneers. 

On the last day of class we had to use the same KH the class was in so I was working during the class and heard the entire class that day. The instructors said it was common for that to happen. There weren't any secrets but the class was designed for the pioneers. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D