JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pioneer Book Download

I excited to get started studying but I'm having issues downloading the Pioneer Book into my devices. Is there an app I need to download first? I have JW Library and WOL on all my devices. I read in one forum I could import it but I don't see an import tab anywhere in JW Library. Can someone out here in JW cyber world please help me figure out how to download my book? 

If you are not a pioneer or not been to the pioneer school yet, you may not be able to download the pioneer book.

If it is like the assemblies and conventions - you have to be invited in order to have the links in order to download.

Otherwise apostates would have it posted online - maybe with a few alterations here and there.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

I noticed that the stock android file manager wont associate jwpub files with JWL.  If you have a jwpub file, try a different file manager. I have used EZ File Explorer.

When you click on the file it should open JWL and install the publication for you.

I assume you are getting ready for Pioneer School and your CO gave you the file?

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, pnutts said:

If you are not a pioneer or not been to the pioneer school yet, you may not be able to download the pioneer book.

If it is like the assemblies and conventions - you have to be invited in order to have the links in order to download.

Otherwise apostates would have it posted online - maybe with a few alterations here and there.

That should be available online for everyone to access. I don't understand why it is kept so secret while there are uncontrolled copies everyone can download from other sites. Once we decided to go online, leaks are inevitable.

45 minutes ago, tarcamion said:

That should be available online for everyone to access. I don't understand why it is kept so secret while there are uncontrolled copies everyone can download from other sites. Once we decided to go online, leaks are inevitable.

The "uncontrolled" copies are on apostate sites.  And if you stay loyal to Jehovah and his organisation, you would not go looking for material from such a site.  So no, not everyone can or would download it.  I'm not sure what apostates get out of it putting the book online, or downloading it.

The book and the school is like a reward for pioneering and the self sacrifice.  And without the school, the book is not much good on its own.

48 minutes ago, tarcamion said:

That should be available online for everyone to access. 

It is not, Because, it is a privilege  and a provision extended by Jehovah through his organization for the purpose of equipping those who have extended themselves in the full time ministry.  This is a text book for Pioneer Service School and is for the training of those in the full time service, who have promised Jehovah to put in a minimum of 840 hrs per year in the field service. 

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102014256#h=71:0-77:199

So if you are not extending yourself  as a Regular Pioneer or not attending the PSS why would you need the textbook?  

Is this file on a "flash drive (thumb drive)"?  Or are you downloading it from the JW.ORG web site?  My CO gave us the file on a flash drive and I had to get it onto my device (I used an OTG cable and mini-USB port). When it was on the home page I just clicked it and it asked me what app I wanted to use to open it and I chose JW Library.

3 hours ago, pnutts said:

Marie appears to be a regular pioneer preparing for pioneer school.  

3 hours ago, Pink Butterflies said:

I excited to get started studying but I'm having issues downloading the Pioneer Book into my devices. Is there an app I need to download first? I have JW Library and WOL on all my devices. I read in one forum I could import it but I don't see an import tab anywhere in JW Library. Can someone out here in JW cyber world please help me figure out how to download my book? 

She is excited to get started studying.  Since the Pioneer book is not easily accessible through the APP or website, Marie needs instructions on how to manually add the jwpub file to her Library.  Or she needs to figure out how to read the PDF.  My understanding is she's been provided either the file or a link on getting the file.

2 hours ago, booboo said:

It is not, Because, it is a privilege  and a provision extended by Jehovah through his organization for the purpose of equipping those who have extended themselves in the full time ministry.  This is a text book for Pioneer Service School and is for the training of those in the full time service, who have promised Jehovah to put in a minimum of 840 hrs per year in the field service. 

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102014256#h=71:0-77:199

So if you are not extending yourself  as a Regular Pioneer or not attending the PSS why would you need the textbook?  

For the same reason as you may want to give up your passport or your money if you don't intend to go anywhere abroad or spend it all. I used to be a pioneer and never understood that secrecy. Back then we had the paper books and I could understand that they were not available for that very reason. After the PSS, some could have some very personal notes in them and would rather not share them with others. What Bible principle can we use to support that?

Speaking of the book. Practically she may want to contact the CO. He will give her the book or the link. That is the easiest solution.

5 hours ago, Pink Butterflies said:

Have you tried contacting your CO or let it know your BoE. They will sort it out for you.

2 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

The "uncontrolled" copies are on apostate sites.  And if you stay loyal to Jehovah and his organisation, you would not go looking for material from such a site.  So no, not everyone can or would download it.  I'm not sure what apostates get out of it putting the book online, or downloading it.

The book and the school is like a reward for pioneering and the self sacrifice.  And without the school, the book is not much good on its own.

I agree it is not worth a lot without the school. I used to be a full-time pioneer and have one and the book was not a reward in any way to me. Nobody serves Jehovah for a book. The school has some value in it by the way you look at the Bible, Jehovah and the congregation. Similarly, the book "Organized" is available for everyone to download.

Mine was provided via email and had links for jwpub, epub and pdf. On my phone and tablet (both android), when I clicked the jwpub link, it asked which app did I want to use to open and I chose JWL. On my laptop, I simply clicked the pdf and saved it to my documents. 

Edited by Buttrfly71

"For God is the one who for the sake of his good pleasure energizes you, giving you both the desire and the power to act." Phil 2:13

4 hours ago, tarcamion said:

It is available to all by means of the meetings and instructions we receive from the platform. 

A pioneer book is condensed and focused on helping full time publishers to fulfill their  assignment   

Why non pioneer need this type of information? 

Our sacred worship has many privileges coming from Jehovah, and the best way to get the book is to avail yourself to the privilege. 

Same goes to elders and their instructions they receive from FDS

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

11 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

It is available to all by means of the meetings and instructions we receive from the platform. 

A pioneer book is condensed and focused on helping full time publishers to fulfill their  assignment   

Why non pioneer need this type of information? 

Our sacred worship has many privileges coming from Jehovah, and the best way to get the book is to avail yourself to the privilege. 

Same goes to elders and their instructions they receive from FDS

I can see we do not understand each other.

2 hours ago, Buttrfly71 said:

Mine was provided via email and had links for jwpub, epub and pdf. On my phone and tablet (both android), when I clicked the jwpub link, it asked which app did I want to use to open and I chose JWL. On my laptop, I simply clicked the pdf and saved it to my documents. 

That's how I got my pioneer book.. I downloaded to pdf, epub, jwpub and got a hard copy, too! It's good for review after, but not so much for anyone who hasn't been.

A few questions:

Is there an advantage of putting a book/publication on the JW Library App versus a PDF or EPUB app?  

How do we add a book/publication to the JW Library App for Apple/iOS? Is there another topic where this is discussed?

Thanks for your help :)

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

50 minutes ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

A few questions:

Is there an advantage of putting a book/publication on the JW Library App versus a PDF or EPUB app?  

How do we add a book/publication to the JW Library App for Apple/iOS? Is there another topic where this is discussed?

I have the LDC DC-82 as a jwpub file installed in my JWL. All of the scriptures are linked to the bible, I can highlight and add notes.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

A few questions:

Br. Neil, some publications are not available in jwpub.  So these would be downloaded and used in pdf or epub. If you had a need to make notes on the page or to underline or to circle a word or something like that (to annotate), a pdf would be handy.  But for general use in our meeting and ministry, thew JW Library app using jwpub files is very good.

12 minutes ago, jwhess said:

But for general use in our meeting and ministry, thew JW Library app using jwpub files is very good.

Thanks, so how do we add a book/publication to the JW Library App for Apple/iOS?

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

@tarcamion  <I used to be a pioneer>

I've never been an RP but once a pioneer sister didn't get the hardcopy of her Pioneer book a month before her pioneer school. The brother in charge sent her a link. She didn't have a printer so I helped her print out her Pioneer book. The contents were good but nothing special unless one actually attended the classes. Since she only had 6 years of schooling, I also helped her to find answers to the questions. She was running out of time to prepare for her classes and the Japanese sisters come well prepared. I eventually deleted all the files. 

I did some questionable stuff. 

Download the file to your device 

Then open it.

It will ask what app to use. Pick JW Library.

That should open JW Library

Look under Publications. You should find it in there. Under Books most likely.

That should be it. Mark it as a favorite to get it on your home screen.

I helped a pioneer sister get it into her App for the school.

An advantage of using the JW Library version of the pioneer book is you have all the scripture links, the references to watchtowers and other pubs, plus you can use the highlight and study notes to take your notes.  I wished I had that when I attended the school.  My book is full of unintelligible handwriting.

The PDF is good for reading like a book.  You can still underline as well.

An advantage of the hard copy is you can get all your classmates to sign and write messages on the inside covers.  Great memories.